Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/155/130

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Never Ending Cycle

I was almost there.

It took me over a year to slowly lose 30 pounds- down to a healthy 134.5 that I was beginning to feel happy and confident at. I bought a whole new wardrobe of size 6 clothes, and was ready to commit to eating well and moving to maintain the loss. Getting down to 130 would be nice, but I was in no rush to lose the last 5lbs.

Then TOM struck, and I binged, and how. I'm talking upwards of 4,000 calories a day. A rejection from my top choice phd program only compounded the problem, and I just ate and ate and ate.

I'm at 138.5 right now, post water weight on the scale. I KNOW it is not the worst number I could see, but it is a very scary reminder of a 50lb regain that occurred the last time I made it to goal. It was the same pattern, a personal issue just turned a switch on, and I binged my way back to almost 200lbs. It is just scary to see how quickly I can do all my hard work, I know my body, and it will take at least a month to lose the weight healthily.

A history of ED's and yoyo dieting has made me wary of dismissing this as "just a 4lb regain," but at the same time I'm fighting my inherent to severely restrict until I get to my goal weight- I know from experience that will only lead to an ever greater regain.

I'm looking for support I guess, maybe a nudge in the right direction, it's hard not to be frustrated. My weight loss has been much commented upon by my friends and family, and a creeping gain would definitely be something they would notice as well, and that embarrasses me.
Spain2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #2  

You're exactly the same as me, I've skyrocketed 30 pounds in 2 months due to binging and a bit of ED and being underweight for 4 months (and health problems).

I've recently binged a lot and gained 4 pounds. I'm going to start tomorrow after my exams (which caused my binge) and TRY TO STICK WITH IT FOR A FEW DAYS!
girasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/155/130

Height: 5'6

Yes, I saw your posts and thought, "that's exactly what's happening to me!" We can be motivational buddies if you'd like haha. I'm down to 137 (after staying STRICTLY on plan for a few days), so I'm giving myself till next Monday to get back down to 135- though it is so frustrating to have to put in such a huge effort to get to where I was just a couple of days ago I'm sure you feel the same way- but just focus on getting through your exams- maybe keep the scales away for a couple of days?
Spain2012 is offline   Reply With Quote