Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 199/196/140

Height: 5'8"

Default On my 2nd week of BistroMD

...and it's making getting back on the wagon more than doable. Sure for the past few days I'm wanting to chew the legs off the table but I'm sticking to plan.

My first weigh in was 2.6 pounds down. Not phenominal but unless I avoid all carbs I don't see a big loss. Yes, I know 2.6#s is big healthy loss but going from eating chips and the like to portion controlled, healthy meals I would have expected a bigger loss for the first week. Maybe it's cycle related - crossing my fingers. We'll see.

Anyway, I REALLY like the meals and the convenience. I like not having to worry "what will I eat; what should I eat." I tend to be a bit over allocated and I've let caring for me fall by the way side.

I'm feeling much more hopeful about sticking with this than NS. I did NS and was gung ho until I just couldn't stand shelf-stable food any more. I also tried WW but that is too open-ended for me when I need to make a healthy change - it would be great maintainence program.

Anyway, I'm new here, just thought I'd pop in, give you way too much information and say "Hi".

Have an awesome week!
bpuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #77  

Default New to Bistro

I've only been on the plan a couple days, but just wanted to drop in my two cents for those considering and ask a question.

I ordered the plan without snacks because they seemed similar to the "faux foods" snacks on the last meal delivery plan I tried and I wasn't a fan of them. My question is, for those who don't get the bistro snacks, what do you eat for snacks? I currently have some cheese sticks, nuts and pita chips with hummus.

As for the food...so far I'm really pleased. I am a very picky eater and one reason I wanted to try meal delivery is that about the only store bought "healthy" frozen dinner I'll eat are the lean cuisine pizzas and I hate cooking.

I'm not a veggie fan, so I kinda just tolerate the veg sides, though they have been pretty good as far as veg goes and I need to try and eat veggies so I try and eat them.

The Spinach and Mushroom crepe I really liked. The Spinach and Ricotta, I did not....kind of bitter. I wasn't crazy about the turkey chili. It wasn't bad just not my favorite...once again kinda bitter. I think it was the peppers in it.

I loved the cheese ravioli and the california style wrap to the point that I could see myself paying money in a restaurant for those items. There was some kind of polenta with the chili that was excellent as well.

Overall the texture of the food is far superior to other frozen food I've tried. Even the the tortilla on the wrap held up well. The fruit isn't mushy and the veg isn't overly watery.

I was pretty hungry the first day. But I'm doing better today.

I have a lot of weight to lose - 200+ lbs so I've been adding a bit extra on snacks as I think the calories might be a bit low for my weight. If anyone else who's very heavy has experience with that I'd appreciate the advise. I've done well on 1500-1600 cals in the past so I try and stay in that general range.
angryyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

Mmm, the food is amazing. I switch delivery meals now and then but I think I will go back to Bistro soon. My favorite was the cheese ravioli.

Last edited by kari1980; 11-13-2011 at 08:51 AM.
kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #79  

Default new to the Bistro

hello hello im Tyesha and i very excited to join and to have people i can talk and to get advice from i just order my meals im waiting on them to come...any advice anything i should know.. im currently 219 and my jgoal is 160
tyeshabooker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #80  

Might as well do these as Bistro Buddies December 2011, BB-Jan-2012, etc.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #81  

I'm on Day One and wondering if it will be enough. I'm feeling rather strong hunger pangs
douwd20 is offline   Reply With Quote