Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #1  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Default I know I would feel so much better ...

So why can't I seem to get started? Even if I could just lose 10 pounds, it would be a start. I weigh 253 pounds this morning. I feel like crap.

Sorry, just needed a pity party.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Would you feel better if you went for a walk? If you ate a healthy amount (not overly restrictive, just the amount of food your body actually needs to fuel it self for the day)? If you threw out whatever trigger foods you have in your house and stocked your pantry with foods that will make your body happy? If you signed up for a visit with a nutritionist or a cooking class? If you joined gym? If you went to a yoga class? If you changed just a few habits?

So so much is within your control. Why not take action and let the chips (or pounds) fall where they may. Set your goals to be things completely within your control, not act like you are just at the mercy of the scale.

I rode my bike 17 miles this morning. Whether I lose or gain, no on can take those away from me.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Great suggestions above. Maybe try changing one thing a week, and do it as a lifestyle change rather than for the weight loss? You might find it easier if you're less stressed about how effective each change is in terms of losing weight.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

For me small changes worked wonders. Starting a huge new diet regime was WAY too overwhelming for me at the beginning. My first step was just getting in regular exercise, then I chipped away at my diet one step at a time. DON'T beat yourself up about how you got here but instead look at what you can do now. Is there any thing that you can agree to doing for a week at least? Even a day? It could either be food or exercise related, pick what you think would be easiest for you to do. Once you're able to accomplish one step of the journey, the rest are much easier to take.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I agree with what was said. Small changes over time will really help you get started.

I really think it was small changes that helped me. I started exercisingt first, then eating healthier and then watching my portions. The first two steps took place over a period of a few years, so I believe that when I watched my portion sizes back in May that my body was really ready to lose the weight
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #6  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I hear you Judy,

I have thought the same way for months and now im 300 pounds.. i used to be as low as you..and now i have gained and gained..because instead of doing something for myself, ive just sat and asked the same questions and thought the same thoughts over and over again.. thoughts like "what if i cant do it? or what if i get sick? or what if doesnt work? and thoughts like " i want to but....."

There has always been an excuse to not start..but what i have found is..if you just take a plunge and start..you will soon find, you wont want to stop..for me..for the first time ever..i started even though i didnt want to..and when i started , i didnt want to stop..unfortunately..i couldnt stay on it.. i had to go off of it..because it was the type of diet that caused some yucky feelings the first week as you adjusted..and it made me brain foggy..which is bad cause im trying to write my final college paper..so i needed to be alert and not irritable or impatient.. BUT as soon as im done my paper its back on the bandwagon..because this time.. i know..i wanted to be on it and didnt want to get off..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote