Old 04-03-2016, 03:26 PM   #1  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Default April, come she will...

Whoosh! It's already April! It's not dark by the time we get off work in the northern hemisphere anymore!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:37 PM   #2  
mossfootrunner!

So, picking up where the other thread left off:

Ninerschick, you are epic. Where do you get the energy?! Five kids and homeschooling. Welcome

Guac, Veggiedawg and Snarkles, I am really rotten at adulting. No idea whatI was thinking having kids. I was raised by wolves and I know it, so instead of the blind leading the blind, it's the immature leading the immature around here

OTOH, like you, Guac, if I weren't taking the time to do all this tedious food prepping, they would split a jumbo bag of chips and a carton of ice cream and call it dinner...

Middlekid is in Greece (!) with her school class this week, so I'll be doing my c25k by myself this week. Right, feet? Right?

Last edited by Magicsusan; 04-03-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:52 PM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I chopped veg! I CHOPPED VEG! (I ate it too!)

I'm so darn proud of myself. And I don't have anything like 5 kids as an excuse. Yowza!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:40 PM   #4  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey there Veggie choppin', C25Kin' Ladies!

Hope you all are having a great day! It's been busy in my little world of house showing and appointment going... My real estate agent has shown his true colors and we are biting our tongues. He doesn't seem to realize that you can't just wake up to clean house with 3 kids around. (I had to leave for an app't right after the school bus picked up my girls and he didn't seem to understand why I couldn't let some folks from out of town simply walk in and see the place...."and they probably wont reschedule"...guilt, guilt, guilt...)

Oh! My happy news--I had some 'old' jeans that I had been waiting to try on (my goal was to hit 180lbs). But, I am running out of pants...my one pair of jeans are rubbed thin... Anyway, the old jeans fit! Whoo hoooo! Nice to be able to shop in your own closet!
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

Yay new (old) jeans, V-dawg! So exciting!!!

I picked a bad skirt for work today. One that seemed fine when I tried it on while standing up, then I got to work and sat down. Uh oh. My skirt spent the rest of the day trying to throttle me to death. Sigh.

I am having fresh roasted green beans with dinner -- or perhaps for dinner, because I'm too tired to even contemplate anything to go with them. I washed them. I put them on a pan. I got them in the oven. What more does the world want from me?
Old 04-06-2016, 06:37 PM   #6  

Fresh roasted greens is a great dinner! Well, what can you do when your tired? I totally agree.
UnitedWeStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:12 AM   #7  
Starting over

I agree, green beans are like a cooked salad. Very nice.

My pant excitement was stalled after realizing that out of 3 pairs of jeans (same size, from same store) only the one fit me now. The other 2 still have to wait until I hit that 180lbs or lower. The one I had tried on was "curvy fit", so a bit generous in my butt area, LOL.

I watched this weight loss Q&A video with "Dr. Joey" yesterday... https://www.facebook.com/citylineca/ You'd have to scroll down to find her (blonde with glasses). Right now, on the left side of Facebook, it's the top "Video" I thought it was really great... Maybe some motivation for the day?
Old 04-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hey gals! I am still on board with the C25K app - week 3 day 2. I went to the gym instead of outdoors today, because the weather thinks it's still winter!

Today I am officially 10lbs lighter than when I started my reboot in February! Woo hoo! Thank you ladies, for keeping me motivated! Even if I don't always have time to post, I do try to read. The weight seems to be coming off very slowly. If I can be down another 10 lbs in June, I will be happy. I would love to go into my surgery (scheduled for July), at a normal BMI. If I can get to 150 by my surgery date, I will be very happy. Normal blood pressure and normal BMI will give be the best chance at everything going well with no complications. At the very least, I won't have the doctors and nurses giving me the stink eye for sabotaging my own health.

Mrs. Snark- I am in awe of you staying healthy, preparing dinner, and going to work each day. It really is an accomplishment!

veggie - Love closet shopping - when the sizes I need are smaller, that is!

Magic - the only downside to having an exercise buddy is having the gumption to carry on even when they are out of town or decide to give up. I know you will stay on track while your daughter is away! Think of me walk/running beside you!

UnitedWeStand - Sometimes roasted vegetables are a complete dinner by themselves, I agree!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:37 AM   #9  
mossfootrunner!

Oh, god. I read "roasted vegetarians."

Posting from my ipad this morning, so I'll make a decent reply later. Just wanted to say, I was viciously attacked by a gang of nachos last night and am still recovering. What makes me do these things? Went for a jog this morning (waving to guac) to re-rail my de-railed ***.

Last edited by Magicsusan; 04-09-2016 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Can't spell worth beans.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:38 AM   #10  
mossfootrunner!

This is the 40+ group- why can't we say ass?
Old 04-09-2016, 09:46 AM   #11  
Michelle the Vegan

I know, MagicS, why?!?! Asth. Assth. Asp. My asthp is annoyed by this censorship.

Happy Weekend Everyone!

UnitedWeStand - I will admit, fresh roasted green beans (with salt) are really fairly delicious and were definitely worth the effort to cook them. I found an Indian frozen meal in the way-back of the freezer and they went together perfectly. And if I haven't said it before, welcome!

VDawg - I could use some motivation, I will watch the video. I have no doubt you'll be into those other pairs of jeans too, just keep on doing what you're doing and it is going to happen!

Guac - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is fantastic!!! I know your downward trend is going to continue, and you definitely have good reasons in mind to continue putting your health first! You're kicking butt!
Old 04-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hey guys, have you ever seen a picture of yourself and have it ruin your day? That's me today. My husband took a picture of me and one of our kids at a school fair, and OMG!!! I look SOOOOOO fat!! How the heck did this happen? Of course, this comes on the heels of me feeling so good about myself for being 10lbs lighter! No so fast, lady! Seeing this picture makes me realize how far I have to go.

Magic - don't sweat the nachos. I've realized that if I'm mostly on plan, one binge on something I shouldn't have won't kill the progress I've made in the long run - forgive yourself and move on.

Vdawg - I will have to check out that video link!

Mrs. Snark - thanks for the encouragement!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:07 PM   #13  
Starting over

Guacamole-Heck ya! I hate seeing photo's of myself. Actually, my kids got a WiiU for Christmas and I thought trying the Just Dance game would be good exercise...but, they have it so the console videotapes you dancing and plays it back at the end. OMG! Who is that fat lady? That's not how I feel I look. sigh. Oh, and I'm almost to that 10lbs mark. I saw that scale skim the 185! So close...arrrrghhh! (..and then we ate pizza )

This past week has been a bit heavy on the fast food, because of the traveling, so my goal is to be on plan consistently. I'll be keeping my eyes out for that gang of nacho ninjas. Hiya! Wham! Wheeeee! Whack! Whack! Whack! Throttles Nacho Ninja's with Mrs. Snarks skirt, blinds them with Guacamole's DH's camera flash & bows to MagicSusan.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:53 PM   #14  
Michelle the Vegan

VDawg, lol, best use of that skirt I can imagine.

And pictures schmictures, don't let them get ya down. Certainly don't let them detract from the amazing accomplishment of losing 1 pound, much less TEN POUNDS! You know what kind of effort it took to do that, and it was serious focus and effort!, and that kind of effort is worth celebrating and being proud.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 04-11-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:37 AM   #15  
mossfootrunner!

Aw, Guac, that sucks about the picture. That's a real downer, but just file it with my evil nachos and we'll both move on.

Veggiedawg, "and then we ate pizza." We have pizza every weekend, but I make it myself (lots of veg, little cheese) so it's pretty healthy. I'm so glad you're in my corner, too, in the fight against the nacho ninjas!

As for the skirt, Michelle, I never wear them. It's funny how people talk about thigh gaps these days- my friend and I used to call it "the overlap." But then, my thigh gap can only be measured in negative numbers. So, that's your tmi for the day, kids

Sooo... These roasted green beans with salt. Is that anything like edamame?

Last edited by Magicsusan; 04-12-2016 at 09:38 AM.