Old 02-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

SUMU...sounds like a good plan!!!!! I would be very happy losing five lbs in this challenge..lets do it!!

ION...yes, Samosas. Probably not a good idea given they are so high in carbs....but they had nothing artificial or processed in them. Good for you for packing your meals....so important when we are out of the house for most of the day and are surrounded by temptation...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

back up to almost 150...here we go again. Not sure why my body wants to get to that number and stay there.....I don't think I ate that badly yesterday but I guess its weight gained from the weekend. I'm probably better off not weighing myself on days like today. Doing the low carb thing until further notice.
More snow today meant no gym which means another workout that didn't happen. I feel so frumpy......
Need to do a ton of paperwork, some housework, getting a facial..and then maybe a short kettlebell workout with my DVD...getting primped and meeting a friend later this evening for dinner/drinks. I will allow myself a glass of vodka diet coke and chicken and vegetables...I already know the menu at this place.

HOpe everyone is having a good day. I'm looking forward to this snow melting finally...which is supposed to happen tomorrow....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #33  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

We Happy Drink Wine Day!

Still on a vacation, weather has been amazing! Boys are sad that there is no powder, hoping for a snow storm tonight.

Friend has a scale and I am up a pound. Not too bad. I knew that I would not be losing weight on this trip.

I took one hike. Six miles, it was really difficult, I was sore afterwards.

Since I am not making any progress during these first ten days, I highly doubt that I will make my challenge goal. I may change it to 'stay below 140' goal.

Sorry about lack of personals, but I am posting from my phone. I will respond to all of old I am back using my laptop, it may be after the vacation. Also sorry about all typos :-)
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #34  
I'm Shay

S/C/G: 215/198/159

Height: 5'7"

National Wine Day - Yes I had a small glass of wine & the one my husband picked was really good.

Update - Just getting back from an impromptu vacation, I needed a break! I was stressing over being sick, gaining weight when I was really trying to lose, missing the kids, starting to get obsessive; so I just packed up & visited the kids & some old friends & just refocused my thoughts & am in a much better place now. I am down a little in weight also.

Goals for this challenge (I really don't want to fail another one):

Lose 10 pounds by St. Patrick's Day - SW 197.6
Plan my meals everyday & stick to it.
Ride bike or go for a run (5 days a week)

Now going to catch up on everyone else.
justsayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:23 PM   #35  
I'm Shay

Zumba - I have 2 dogs that I walk/run with, I enjoy them going with me, whoever begs the most when I am heading out the door is the one that goes that trip. Sorry I missed your birthday - Happy Belated Birthday.

Heidi - The most noticeable place that I gain weight is in my upper thighs also, I hate that!

Chubby Mum - Happy Anniversary.

Well I have read & caught up with everyone, I would love to do more personals but for some reason the site is giving me a fit while I am trying to post from my tablet. So I will be back tomorrow. Good luck to everyone & I am hoping we all make our goals on this challenge.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Zumba, happy belated B-day. Now that you have that weekend & all behind you, maybe you can stick with the low carb & see some come back off.

Rennie, good job on the 168, hope that you got your new low.

Sum, enjoy vacation!

Chubby mum, happy anniversary!

Cattails

Shay, sounds like you have a good plan!

Apple Blossom, IonMoon, Sumu1, Welcome!

Sorry for anyone else that I missed!

Last edited by MarleneV; 02-19-2014 at 12:31 AM.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:38 AM   #37  

Well, I'm to the point of the year where I'm frustrated at work and just tired already... and we still have 8 weeks to go from today until our big deadline. I should have been working the past 3 hours, and I've found ways to avoid it. sigh... that is just going to make tomorrow that much worse.

B - protein bar & coffee with creamer
L - 1/2 turkey wrap & 2 pickle spears. (another firm brought lunch in for us today, this is NOT what I would normally eat, I would normally have a big salad, so I was then hungry the rest of the day) I had an orange & animal crackers as soon as I was able to get out of that meeting.
S - orange & cheese stick
D (early) turkey chili, salad with black olives, guacamole & salsa, mixed berries
S - no sugar added ice cream
W - 8 cups
E - dog walk
Old 02-19-2014, 04:47 AM   #38  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Hi everyone!

Aw, Marlene, sounds like you're a bit overwhelmed! Hope you can tackle your workload in reasonable portions.

Shay, good for you giving yourself a vacation right when you needed it!

Sum, thanks for the heads up on the notable day. LOL Wow, a 6 mile hike, nice! But give yourself a break from the scale, woman!

Hey, Zumba, sounds like a good day planned out! Hope that was fun.

Hi/welcome to everyone else!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:54 AM   #39  
seeking balance

The sun was shining so nice today, grass is green and the trees are budding out; spring is in the air! I feel the itch to garden!

Weight is holding steady at 115-117; as long as it doesn't creep up to 120, I'm good.

B: greek yogurt and kefir, 2 dried figs
L: chips and salsa, half a chicken enchilada
D: beef taco, salad with marinated beans
S: lightly buttered popcorn, dark chocolate, coffee with creamer

E: 45 minute walk, 1 hour strength workout with cardio intervals
Old 02-19-2014, 10:10 AM   #40  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Chubby mum Happy Anniversary!

Cat... I am slave of my scale Luckily it was below 140 this morning...doing well on my vacation, yay!

Snow is finally supposed to arrive here today, not a day too soon. Boys are taking a break today and back on the slopes tomorrow morning; hopefully with some fresh powder to skin on.

As I said, scale is below 140, which I am VERY happy about. I have been trying to be mindful of my eating. I have been snacking a bit too much. -- I miss my workouts, it will be nice to get back into my routine come next week. -- I have not logged anything all week.

I was "promoted" at the FCA. I have my own committee now, I am in charge of memberships; another resume builder

Have a fruitful day my friends!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #41  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I think I probably need this b/c I am losing steam.

OK, I want to get to 173 by March 17th.
I want to run 3 times per week.
I want to do strenght training exercises at least one day per week.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #42  
Fat to Fab and Fit

BettyBooty Welcome, nice to have you on board!

Zumba sorry that your body is being a bugger! It is probably just water weight from the weekend. -- Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am glad you found this new man and he is being good to you!! You deserve it. Where was the dinner at?

Rennie Awesome!!! You are rocking this!

Marlene Sorry about your work load. April 15th can not get here soon enough.

Shay Yay on your vacation.

IonMoon, Sumu1 Welcome!

Apple Blossom You can do it!

Sorry if I missed anyone!!

Last edited by Sum38; 02-19-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #43  
I'm Shay

The scale sure hasn't moved a lot but I fit into a really cute pair of pants today that I couldn't fit into when I bought them. I always buy clothes that I can wear now but for some reason I was distracted when I bought these & grabbed the wrong size when I decided to get a different color than what I tried on. That made me feel really good. Considering I had nothing to wear all the stuff from vacation is in the laundry.

I forgot to take my leggings & running pants when I went on vacation so we made a quick stop at a little mall. They didn't have anything like a sports shop so I stopped by New York & Company & bought a pair of their basic leggings. The best work out pants ever! I have all kinds of work out/running clothes that I paid a lot more for & these are the best! Thought I would share if anyone is looking for anything.

Have an good day everyone, I am heading to a meeting.

Last edited by justsayno; 02-19-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:29 AM   #44  

Cattails & Sum, thanks! Yes, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, I have one big project that is giving me fits, tax returns flooding in now, and a new big project coming in next Thursday that is going to be hot, so hopefully I can get this other project done. I'm off Friday-Sunday on our ranch trip and can't work while there, so...

today went well as far as food, got a walk in as well, and my water. Total calories aprox 1300 for the day. weight was steady - 125.5

Tomorrow starts the challenge, its my birthday, so who knows what anyone will show up with in the office, then I'm going out for drinks/dinner with my business partners. Then we spend the weekend at the ranch, and I don't know what we'll have there to eat, but hopefully will also get lots of exercise. I'll let you all know late Sunday how it went, but I expect to be up some.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:08 AM   #45  
seeking balance

Marlene, happy birthday!! And have a terrific weekend, it sounds awesome.

Sum, good going on managing your vacay and grats on your promotion! I think it's really cool how you stay connected with the Finnish community.

Shay, great NSV!

Welcome, BettyBoop! Your plan sounds really good.

I spent part of today pruning my orchard - oh geez, I'm paying now for neglecting it before, there's so much to do! Poor trees... This is going to take a while.