40-Somethings January 2014 Chat

You're on Page 9 of 9
Go to
  • I took my first spin class in 10 years yesterday. With mixed emotions I saddled my bum on that hard bike seat and followed the instructor (for the most part) for 47:00 minutes. Needless to say I was pretty proud of myself; during the class there was some numbing in my rear and I kept thinking I am gonna hate myself tomorrow - surprise I don't hate myself today. I am not that sore. I may have hyperextented a knee a bit but that is mendable and the rest of me just feels accomplished. I forgot how much I enjoy that class. I get a high like I am invincible. I will be going back - this week
  • Where is Hedi with our new Feb. chat thread?

More snow, and roads are super slippery. I decided going against to the FCA. The long drive in slippery conditions did not appeal to me. So instead of it, I will go and swim at the gym this morning.

I never thought I would say this; but I am tired of snow! My walks are so difficult. I have to wade though a foot of snow each day (up hill, both ways ) and it is getting to me. I want my easier and relaxing walks back. I do my exercise at the gym, walks are just a bonus. I don't walk that fast any longer (outdoors) but I take my time and smell the roses. -- So please Weather Gods, let this winter end soon!
  • Must have had a premonition... Checked into this thread for the first time in a long time... Here goes..,