Old 11-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/215/140

Height: 5'4"

Default the muffin top experience

So. I have a dance costume that was made with a waist size 38". I had a performance last night. I put the skirt on and it fit around the waist, but I had a 3" muffin top. I felt terrible and it probably showed in my performance. I have no excuses, I just need to do it.

Last edited by willow49; 11-10-2013 at 07:38 PM.
willow49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Muffin tops are the worse...I can't wear low rise jeans because of it....when you lose those you will feel so mcuch bettr
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Good luck, you can do it!

I still have a muffin top when I put on the college jeans I'm trying to get back into (after 27 years) . A lifetime of battling weight has left me with a squidgy midsection. I'm working on it (and also on accepting its squidgy-ness since I really EARNED that over the years!).

What kind of dancing do you do?

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 11-11-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #4  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

There are a lot of really nice, inexpensive, and lightweight foundation garments that work wonders on smoothing out belly bulge. I wonder if you tried something like that under the skirt?

If part of the costume is a bare midriff that might not help ... but then again, if you got something that matched your skin tone it might not be obvious. Or try a fun colored leotard and people will think it's part of your look.

You could also see about altering the waistband so it hits in a slightly different spot. I know with me, there are two points where a waist band can hit that will cause my fat to bulge like crazy but everywhere else actually looks relatively normal.

Just do what helps you feel comfortable and keep dancing! If you feel good, you will look amazing!!!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote