3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Somethings It's National Splurge Day Challenge, oh Yeah! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/280628-40-somethings-its-national-splurge-day-challenge-oh-yeah.html)

Jennifer1966 05-05-2013 09:00 AM

Heidi: I love your new profile pic! You look wonderful!

Sum: Finland sounds amazing. I'm sure when you are able to go, everyone will be blown away by your babelicious self!

I'm planning for a crazy busy Sunday. Loads of lawn and house work plus grocery shopping and laundry. It's funny how I now kinda look at these things through the lens of calories burned! I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Sum38 05-05-2013 09:33 AM

Jennifer I was just there in January/February. My mom turned 80. I went with my DD. -- I am hoping to go back soon with my whole family. This summer it won't happen :( All those college costs are scaring us...
Since we are renters now, we have very little to do...my landlord is landscaping and painting the shed today :D Feels strange not to work on my yard; I wish I could plant all my flower pots already.

Weight is stubbornly staying up (2 pounds). I think I indulge more on the weekends; little bite here, little bite there. I should start really counting all those bites :( At this rate, I won't meet my monthly weightloss goal; I set to shed 4.4 pounds and now I am at 6.4 pounds and little over 3 weeks left; boohoo :( Need another wonderful whoosh!

I hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend!

Jennifer1966 05-05-2013 09:53 AM

Sum: I know all about the fear of college costs! Thank goodness for scholarships! We are still in process of deciding where to vacation this summer. We may drive somewhere because of impending college in the fall. Has anyone been to Montreal?

newleaf123 05-05-2013 10:22 AM

Thanks Jennifer. I was all dressed up for the bridal shower yesterday...

Sum How nice to not have yard work! At least, that's how I look at it. We have so much landscaping that we pay a company to do all the hard stuff, leaving me to just focus on flowers, my passion.

Zumba Sorry about how things worked out with your guy... :hug: 2 acres in your neck of the woods *is* a lot! We have only 1 acre; I wish we had more. I like privacy...

Natamars I hope you had a great field trip! Sounds like you are having a nice Spring...

PlainsGirl I hope you made a nice dinner! I still haven't done that chicken on the grill. Hopefully tonight.

2fatCats & mboo hi!

Here, nothing much going on. I planted some flower seeds in the AM yesterday, and then the bridal shower in the afternoon, then into the night with dinner out with my MIL, SIL, and her 2 girls. Today, beautiful weather. No big plans, though. Sundays tend to be lazy days...

Sum38 05-05-2013 11:37 AM

Heidi Your profile picture is gorgeous!

newleaf123 05-05-2013 05:16 PM

Thanks Sum!

guacamole 05-05-2013 07:49 PM

Great new pic, Heidi! Looking fit and fierce!

Sum - Ummm...I splurged this weekend. I really splurged. Gulp.

I need to kick it in gear this week. Why do I always lose it on the weekends?

Plainsgirl 05-06-2013 05:44 AM

Good morning ladies. I haven't had time to read much this weekend...I will report and then try to get some personals in. Work at 6am today. ugh lol

SW 5/1 147.0
CW 5/61 146.4 (-.6)
GW 6/18 139._._

7.1 to go...sigh...at least its not UP right?!? lol

Did my 7 mile bike/trail run Friday after work and was planning on just coming home but was invited for drinks with fellow co-workers. Lets just say I shouldn't have...lol. It was raining on Saturday after work so I did 4 miles on the dreadmill at the y. It was rough but I did it. Another 7 mile bike/run yesterday afternoon and not much else. Went up .2 pounds 3 days in a row and went down .4 today. Crazy as it sounds I feel like I am already starting to feel a tightness in my lower half. My capris felt much looser on me last night than the previous week...hmmm.... Eyes OFF the scale....:dizzy:

Plainsgirl 05-06-2013 05:54 AM

NEWLEAF- Beautiful pic! You look so refreshed and ready to take on the world!! GO YOU!!

Sum-Arrrgg those darn pickles!! I have a feeling you are just holding on to some major water weight...drink up missy!! Water that is...hehehehe.

Zuma-so sorry to hear about mr diversion..he didn't deserve you anyway!! Hope your weekend went well.

Jenn-Hope you got all that you planned to get accomplished yesterday. Great job staying on plan!!! You are in such a great place girl. You will see 16_ before you know it!!

Guac-Weekends are AWEFUL for me!! But as long as I get some kind of exercise in I seem to rein it a little bit more...I become more mindful of what I am putting in my mouth...

Nat-how was the trip with the family?? I have always wanted to do that! It sounds so cool!! Details please ! :D

Sorry to anyone else I missed...really need to get off here and get myself ready for work...*crossing fingers for a slow day in the er*

Lets do this ladies!!! :carrot: :carrot:

Jennifer1966 05-06-2013 10:15 AM

Guacamole: Weekends are so hard--I do poorly when I have no set schedule. As a teacher, I can't wait for summer, as a person losing weight, not so much! You'll kick it this week and do awesome!

Plainsgirl: Fantastic job on all the exercise! I'm sure your legs are thinner with all that biking and running!

I took my last personal day today, and I am working way harder than I would be at school! I've already planted flowers and I'm in the middle of mowing our yard. DH is off too, and he's started replacing windows. We are going to go out for lunch though, and hopefully relax a little this afternoon. I was at same weight this morning (172). I'm getting anxious to see 169._ on the scale!

Sum38 05-06-2013 12:12 PM

I am still at 158.6, I was there a week ago, and then I had a few lighter days but I have been back at it for 3 past days...ugh...I am working out a lot, and my muscles have been tired/sore. It would be nice to see a little downward movement, though.

I took my 5 mile walk this am, and it was a glorious morning. I am grateful for the days off between gym days (today is a day off...lol). My legs are looking quite shapely and strong. I can wear shorts and mini skirts and look quite decent, the rest of the body needs a ton more progress.

Sending good vibes to everyone, enjoy this beautiful day :sunny:

newleaf123 05-06-2013 03:54 PM

Quick update since I'm on my phone. I do feel like I've been in maintenance for the last couple months, and maintenance is hard! My original goal was 158. And honestly I'm pretty happy here.

BUT I do want to lose more. So I was thinking today: 155 by end of school year. Then 10 pounds over summer (145). Then goal by end of calendar year (142). It sounds doable and I feel better having a bit of a roadmap. So, we shall see. It's not like I don't know how to lose a few pounds...

newleaf123 05-06-2013 03:55 PM

Thank you, plainsGirl and Guac!

Zumbachica 05-06-2013 03:56 PM

Hi all..I tried writing before but the post wouldn't save, strangest thing and kind of annoying since it was a LONG post...grrrrr....

Basically I said that this was a holiday weekend for me, so I ate stuff that I haven't had in a long time, like cake. HOly cow, I felt so sick last night! My body is so not used to sugar. I gained a ton of weight but I know it is mostly bloat.

So here I am back on the wagon. So sad that one weekend of decadence can erase a month's worth of work!!

Have to throw out the leftover cake. Back on my program today with my shakes and one meal. Hard boiled egg for dinner.

guacamole 05-06-2013 05:39 PM

Today was not my day. I was all set to start up after a bad weekend, drove out to my favorite bike trail, got my bike out and set up the kickstand, and it snapped. the bike clattered to the concrete. Not the first time my kickstand has broken on this bike. Well, no biggie, I propped the bike back up, locked up the car, hopped on the bike, and....the chain came off when the bike fell. I tried like the dickens to get the chain back on (not the first time this has happened either, and I managed to fix it), but to no avail. With my hands full of bike grease, I admitted defeat and hauled the bike back to the car. Drove all the way out to the bike shop to get it fixed, and, they are closed on Mondays!

I spent the day indoors doing laundry and making dinner. No exercise, and lots of carbs. I am just so pissed to have made the effort, only to be thwarted. Here's hoping tomorrow is better.