3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   MARCH Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/276738-march-chat.html)

Magicsusan 03-14-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEMom (Post 4663667)
Good afternoon wonderful ladies. Thank you for all your positive caring thoughts about my son. Last week was an absolute nightmare. We did end up having to put my son in the hospital for 4 days. He actually asked for help on Monday, which was a good thing. They did put him on medication for his depression. It is actually the same medication I take. Until last week, I did not realize that depression/anxiety can be hereditary. My poor kids, I have been on meds forever. Luckily, he seems to be doing much better. Today was his first day back to school and while I know he was anxious about all the questions, he was ready to go back and get back to track practice. He will have follow up counseling. Hoping we are on the right track.
Needless to say, last week was not a good food/exercise week for me. I did not even venture on the scale this morning to see how bad it is. I did press the restart button this morning. Back to doing the C25K program and healthy eating. I will weigh on Friday and see where I am.

Have a wonderful day all!!!

NEMom, I have a daughter in about the same boat; a psychiatrist has suggested Cipralex and we are going there next tuesday to discuss it. It all feels a bit overwhelming at the moment so I can imagine what you are going through. All the best to your son.

It's made me even more determined to do what I can to stay healthy. It's pretty clear that comfort eating is not my friend. I need to stay strong and healthy for everyone's sake.

2FatCats- Poultry flavored toothpaste :lol:

Everybody else- hang in there and remember the goal: a healthier, happier life.

ukemama 03-14-2013 08:24 AM

I really need to not drink my coffee as I check out the boards. Poultry flavored toothpaste?!?! I am going to trash my computer on of these days from snorting out my coffee in laughter!

Welcome new people! I hope you find some cyber support here, like I have! It seems like so many of us are dealing with thyroid or other hormone issues.

Bad weigh in on Wednesday. No loss, no gain after a solid month. I have been so good. I can't believe that ONE day of having two glasses of wine and a small piece of cake could have impacted me. I'm eating 1100-1200 calories a day. Oodles of protein and low-glycemic veggies. Doing my yoga. I don't get it. Oh, and I'm STILL nowhere near ketosis - as it was suggested I should be.

This is what makes me want to throw in the towel. No results. I've been doing a great job and to have nothing to show frustrates me. :'(

trukmek 03-14-2013 09:47 AM

Ukemama: don't give up yet...give it more time. We all hit plateaus from time to time. I know it's frustrating, but not as frustrating as giving up will be.

NEmom and MagicSusan: I have a son who is similar to your kids. He's only 11, so haven't hit puberty yet, but when it gets here I know he will be a challenge! His Pdoc already talked to me about hospitalization, but he hasn't gotten that bad yet. Still, I know that chances are, some day he will need it too. I'm just glad that we have hospitals to help our children when they are beyond our help.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thursday today while we work on loving ourselves more. (That is how I see it anyway...loving myself enough to NOT eat that donut!)

Kristy

NEMom 03-14-2013 09:48 AM

BBrides - Welcome to our little group here at 3fatchicks. Wow lady you sure have been through a lot!! Surviving three types of cancer - all I can say is WOW! If you can do that you can certainly succeed at this weightloss thing.

Karen1986 - Welcome to our group! The more the merrier!!

Moondance-I too am losing so slowly this time around too, although, I would jump for joy if I lost 9lbs in 2 months but I do know how frustrating it can be to feel like you are working hard and not seeing the results you want. Keep moving forward hun!

Petra65- I am sorry you are having a rough week. Thank goodness it is Thursday and the week is almost over! Glad your MIL is doing better.

MrsTrying- I am happy to hear that your hubby is feeling better!!!

Ukemama-Oh boy, I can soooo relate to no loss on the scale. I am there with you and I do not know why. Am I perfect everyday, No but at least 90% of the time I keep my calories between 1200-1300 and I exercise at least 40 minutes 5 times a week. Sill, no loss or maybe a lb a month if I am lucky. I keep trying and you have to too!

MagicSusan-My heart goes out to with the problems you are having with your Daughter. It is so hard to see our children hurting and not being able to fix it. I do not know what Ciprex is but if you and the doctor think it will help your daughter, give it a try. If you ever want to share privately, please send me a message, I know how hard this path is to travel. Wishing you and your daughter all the best.

Thank you all for your well wishes regarding my son. He is doing better. Going back to school has gone well. From what he says, the kids have been supportive and so have his teachers and coaches. He had an appt with his counselor this week and medical doctor. He will see his counselor once a week for a while but we don't have to go back to the medical doctor for about 3 months. I will share that after his counseling appt on Tuesday, we were driving home and out of the blue he turned to me and said I was an awesome mom. Melted my heart. I love that kid.

Food wise this week has been good. Exercise has been good. I did 20 min on the elliptical this morning and 20 kettle bell exercises. I am afraid that I will not be able to walk by the end of the day, those kettle bell workouts kick my rear end. I am going to weigh tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for at least a small loss.

Happy Thursday all!!! Hope you have a great day!

Moondance 03-14-2013 10:48 AM

Happy Thursday! :D

Last work day of the week! We work a 9/80 schedule, which means we work 80 hours in 9 days and get the 10th day off (every-other Friday). So glad too, as it's been a heck of a week at work and activities every evening. But really, life is good, I'm so blessed and I try to recognize that every day.

Karen1968: Welcome to the group! We have a great group of people here, each with their own brand of wisdom. Will your DH be gone long? You can do it!

newleaf123: Hope you're having a great day!

petra65: How is your battle against sugar going? I believe I am a true addict. I can't go without it for even a day. I get addict-like behavior if I don't get it--shop, bake, borrow, even steal from kids supply, etc. It's awful. Did you do a cold-turkey kind of thing?

Magicsusan: No comfort eating today, you hear? lol Hope you're having a great day!

ukemama: I'm so sorry things aren't moving for you!! I agree that a couple of glasses of wine and a slice of cake isn't what's keeping the weight on. Whatever you do, don't give up!!

trukmek: I like your outlook...loving yourself enough to NOT eat that (whatever that is). Thanks for that!

NEMom: Yes, we just keep moving forward. It isn't a race, that's for sure, but it can be hard to find motivation when the real reward is so slow in coming. Thanks for the encouragement. You keep hanging in there too. How's your...what is it, the C25K or something...training going? Still doing it? Sounds like you have a great son. How awesome that he verbalized to you how he feels about you! My heart melts too every time one of my girls tells me how much they love me.

To all those I missed, have a great, on-plan day! :carrot:

Zumbachica 03-15-2013 08:33 AM

Hi everyone...just popping in to see how everyone is doing. I've been struggling with my weight more than ever but seem to have gotten it together somewhat the past few days.....hoping I can get through the following months okay...I've been very very anxious about trial coming up for divorce and custody. I have to stop turning to food though, because at the end of all this I'll be even more unhappy......seems like others have some grown up problems too..praying for everyone here.....

NEMom 03-15-2013 09:19 AM

MoonDance - wow, not sure I could work the hours you do. It would be nice to have a 3 day weekend every month but I think those hours and shift changes would do me in. My DH works 3rd shift and I know that kindof stinks for him but it is what it is.

Zumba - So glad to see you. I am sorry you are struggling but give yourself some credit and love, you are going through some really rough personal times right now. Don't give up, you can do it!

The only good thing about today so far is its Friday and its suppose to be nice and spring like here today. I got on the scale this morning and it was up two stupid pounds. I know TOM is coming soon but sheesh, I have been eating right this week and exercising and I am almost 10lbs higher than I was at this time last year. Really, really makes me pissed at myself!!!:devil::devil::mad:
I tried the next day of the C25K program this morning. Was suppose to run for 25 minutes straight and for the first time, I just could not get through the running part. I had to take a walk break and then run. I am hoping that I can give it another shot tomorrow or Sunday. Trying not to feel like a failure but very disappointed in myself for giving up this morning.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!!

2FatCats 03-15-2013 11:27 AM

@NEMom Don't be upset and focus on your "failures" - think of it as a success that you got on that dang treadmill and ran in the first place. With everything going on in life, that's a sucess.

@Moondance Like NEMom said. Ditto on the not sure I could work those hours. That's gotta wreak havoc on your health/progress.

@ukemama Maybe your body is extra stubborn and is trying to show you who is boss - like a little kid throws a tantrum and holds his breath until you give in. Don't let your body beat your mind! You can do it!

Seriously, though, - 1100-1200 calories may not be enough. As I understand it you should never go below your BMR (what your body would burn if you laid in bed all day). Here is a link about increasing metabolism: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/9-ti...metabolism.htm

Also an article about how exercise affects your metabolism. Down a little bit there is a section about how yoga/meditation exercises actually lower your metabolism. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...metabolism.htm
Not sure if it's the absolute truth but more info always helps me!

kelijpa 03-15-2013 07:28 PM

Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing well.
NEMom~glad to hear your son asked for help, hope everything goes well for you and your family.

Have to go back and read up here, just wanted to say Hello! and I'm thinking of you Chicks and still plugging away!

Slow slogging...seems like the closer I get the slower it goes... :)

best to all :sunny:

bbrides 03-15-2013 09:56 PM

Thanks for the great welcome everyone. We definitely all have our battles, hurdles, emotional pulls and stress. It is wonderful to see all the support everyone has for each other.

What I'm learning already is when I have a weak moment or I'm sure a future bad day, I can always just shift the other way with the next meal and not just throw in the towel immediately. This is long term so there will be little hiccups along the way.

Hang in there everyone.

junem 03-16-2013 10:25 AM

Gosh, so much poor mental health and surrounding stress. I am not a parent and my heart goes out to you parents dealing with this. I cannot imagine. My older brother, the "big brother" I wanna look up to, is going through a bi-polar crisis. They changed his psych. meds due to the development of some cardiac problems that may be related to side effects. The stress of dealing with being a heart patient and the med change has really gotten him "off the rails." I live 7 hours away and I feel so powerless. And I feel TERRIBLE for his adult sons who shouldn't have to deal with this at this early stage of their lives and careers. I nearly have a panic attack every time the phone rings and the caller ID is from his area code.

NEMom. Not succeeding the 1st time you try for a distance or time just means you get to try again. It took me several "extra" repeated weeks to complete the C25K sequence. If it were easy, success wouldn't feel like such a victory. Stay strong and celebrate every victory.

trukmek 03-17-2013 11:21 AM

Today is Sunday, St. Patrick's day! Don't forget to wear green so the leprechaun doesn't pinch you!

Going to start off my day with some cereal. Didn't do so good yesterday, but not going to beat myself up over it. I just seem to have a day where I crave fat...but those days are always followed by days of wanting healthy, lean food. Anyone else go through this? What do you do?

Kristy

MrsTryingAgain 03-18-2013 12:18 AM

Well, life has been chaos in my home. I've been completely off-track. I've been keeping up my walking, but not much more than that. :( I am disappointed but I'm not giving up.
H is doing okay. He's still not up to "full speed". Some of his meds seem to make him ill some times. Definitely going to talk to his dr. about it. I guess I have to keep in mind that it's really only been 2 weeks. It feels a heckova lot longer! On top of all this, TOM has come in with a vengence! IT's been an ugly, ugly cycle this month. I've had the (double me over) cramps, the sleepless nights & all the crazy, nutty cravings....salt, starch, sugar and LOTS OF IT!!! So ready for this to be over, permanently!!!

Gotta head to bed I have an early work day. I'm going to try & pop in tomorrow. Meantime, a few photos!!!

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1ad07f48.jpg
http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8ff26f66.jpg
http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/...ps67f77cab.jpg
http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/...pse20fcfb5.jpg
http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/...pscd6137c4.jpg

LuvCats 03-18-2013 01:02 AM

Hey all. :)

I've fallen behind in reading here so am not going to try to post to anyone tonight (lol too much time spent playing the new SimCity Deluxe when I'm on the computer I suppose).

Still going well here. Pretty much OP but I did eat out 2x this week. I think points wise I didn't go too crazy on those days but it is hard to tell exactly. Tuesday will tell.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. Keep up the hard work! :carrot:

petra65 03-18-2013 07:15 AM

I can't believe the weekend is over already. I go back to my regular job today which is a relief because it is much less stressful. I'm still sick but I did go to a "doc in the box" on Sat and got some antibiotics. I am starting to get a little better. DH has been spending the nights in the hospital with his mother to give his Dad a break. It's nice that he is able and willing to do this but I miss him and wish his siblings would help more-they all live locally. MIL will probably be discharged to a nursing home later this week for rehab. That will also be tough on everyone.

Someone asked me about sugar last week.... Yes, I just quit cold turkey. It's really hard for about 7-10 days but then you stop craving it. I also find I feel better and think more clearly when I don't eat sugar. I've also given up soda completely and I have to say that has been good too. I only drank diet anyway but I have lost the taste for it.