Old 10-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #31  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning lovely Ladies

I lost 4.5 pounds of bloat this week. I am back at 155.5 pounds where I was 2 weeks ago, before TOM madness started. Do I dare to try to set a goal to get down to 150 by Halloween? It is totally doable, if I just have the will power.

I had a nice and fast walk yesterday. Feels good to have this cold almost over. Eating was OP as well. So I am happy

I had my nails done and I picked orange for Halloween and dark purple, almost black for my toes.

xirene I grew up in Finland where it basically snows 9 months out of 12, and I miss it. -- on your new jean size and feeling fab in them!

kelijpa Wow, 6 pounds in 5 weeks!! That is awesome!!!! Gotta focus on the big picture. That is nearly 4 LARGE grapefruit size clumps of fat!! WTG!!

Sending to all!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #32  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Thanks Sum! That makes me feel so much better, I let it go, but words of encouragement make it better for sure!

The joys of being a woman, yeah...lol

here's to better days ahead!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone!

I'm so sorry I've been AWOL! Super busy work week - but I did manage to make time for running albeit not as many days as I would have liked.

139 this morning (TOM) - I'm hoping to be at 137 by this time next week. Going to jump on the treadmill here in a few minutes - really not motivated, and would prefer just sitting on my butt, however....

...so I'm going to "do the time"....

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Sheila
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #34  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, lovely ladies! Another quick drive-by here to say hello. I have been on a "staycation" of sorts for almost 2 weeks now. Hubby and kids are off from work and school, tons of family in town, and tons of fattening meals. I haven't had time to exercise for the past week or so. This will continue into the coming week. I haven't weighed myself in over 2 weeks and I am very afraid. As usual, I am glad for the family time and celebrations, but I am frustrated at not being in my usual routine. I feel like I will never reach my goal with all of these "interruptions." It's no wonder so many people in my community have weight problems and I don't want to be another statistic. It's really hitting home how much those of us trying to lose weight have to step out of "the normal way" of eating and exercising and living in order to do so. Going with the communal flow will lead to obesity - it did for me - or at least it enabled me to get there. I hope to be back and join all of you with regular check-ins and my goal firmly on my mind every day in another week or so when all the hubbub dies down and everyone gets back into their routines - including me.

Good luck, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Default Interesting?

I think guacamole brings up an interesting point. I think we all would agree that it is easiest to commit to our weight loss plan and to stick with it when we don't have any "distractions" of life to lead us astray. The problem is that (for me anyway) there will ALWAYS be distractions/complications/barriers to use as "reasons" that we weren't successful during a particular week.
Part of my commitment to a healthier lifestyle and weight loss, part of my burden, if you will, is gaining the skills needed to work through these test of myself when it is the most difficult.

Which is hard. But life is hard.
syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #36  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Greetings from c-o-l-d Michigan!

I have a busy day ahead of me, including looking for PT work. I am just so ready to have a place to go a few hours per week. I am going crazy at home, all day long. -- And my lunches with girlfriends are expanding my waistline too much

I had a pretty OP weekend. It is always easy when TOM arrives and hormones seem to be in check. I am trying really hard to be super diligent about my eating and exercise for the next two weeks before TOM madness starts again.

I walked both days 4+ miles. I wanted to ride my bike, but my ear is still clogged from the ear infection and I did not want to expose it to cold and windy conditions.

syndehatYou (and guacamole) are 100% right. I can't even count how many times I have eaten because this happened or that happened. I have always felt so guilty afterwards and mad at myself for being so weak. -- I am a stress eater. I was 125 pounds 5 years ago and "life happened" and I ate 50 pounds of extra food to make it all go away. Did the sh1t go away? Yeah eventually but I was left to deal with 50 extra pounds. -- I wish I loved myself enough not to abuse my body like this. -- I am drawing strenght from your comment and when something happens, again, I will try to focus on what you said, and put that spoon/fork way. Thank you!

Guacamole I am sending you some

Sheila Any more dates?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 262/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndehat View Post
I think guacamole brings up an interesting point. I think we all would agree that it is easiest to commit to our weight loss plan and to stick with it when we don't have any "distractions" of life to lead us astray. The problem is that (for me anyway) there will ALWAYS be distractions/complications/barriers to use as "reasons" that we weren't successful during a particular week.
Part of my commitment to a healthier lifestyle and weight loss, part of my burden, if you will, is gaining the skills needed to work through these test of myself when it is the most difficult.

Which is hard. But life is hard.
^^ This!
This is also my biggest challenge, how to eat healthy when life gets in the way!
angien075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #38  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

I think we're all agreed, we can't stay on our straight and narrow path all the time things are going to come along to bump us off. I believe it's how we deal when the opportunity to get back on track comes along.
The fact that we're looking forward to the OP days says alot about how successful we're going to be in the long run.

Trying not to see Columbus day as a holiday to celebrate by eating...

best to all
Old 10-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello All!

Guac - I SO resonate with your post! You are right - this is a lifetime journey - and not always an easy one. I'm struggling today - just feeling really lazy and not motivated.

Am making a veggie carb-free casserole for dinner, but decidedly, am taking the day off from exercise. And I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm simply not in the mood.

....tomorrow however, is a new day, and I look at my weeks as "segments" - so one day down can be offset by another one "ON".....I just have so much work stress right now - I know I should run it off....but today I'm just going to rest.

139 again today - TOM - if I focus for the rest of the week I can move the needle down a pound or two....I forced myself to get on the scale this morning - glad I didn't gain, but I'm stalled. But getting on that scale keeps me grounded and more choiceful.

Tomorrow is another day!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #40  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Default M.i.a

I have been missing in action too. I was just talking about all of this this morning. I was so driven and motivated when I first began 12 weeks ago. Then something happened and poof my drive is gone. It does not help that I have been working from 6 to 6 for the last 3 weeks. When I get home I am exhausted. My daytime workouts have fallen to the wayside. The only thing I can say I have been doing right is waking up every day and saying "today is the day I will jump back in with the excitement I had when I first started". There was no reason for me not to jump in head first today. I am back to a normal work routine. Did I go to swim? No... Did I eat pizza for lunch? Yes... if the weather holds up at least I will get 3 miles in walking.

Heres to making it a better day tomorrow than it was today. There are only 7 weeks left to turkey day and I was supposed to weigh in at 240. I am at 263. 23 lbs off track. Can I do it? Yes. Am I going to? I say yes. I want it back. I can't stop now. I have to I have to I have to...
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #41  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Ladies, this is what I tell myself; it is 85% what we eat and 15% exercise. -- I have avoided cheese all day, yay (lol). So we can do it. Just let's watch what goes in, carefully, and we will meet all of our goals.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #42  
Fat to Fab and Fit

<<<<-------------- This is how I want to look again
Old 10-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #43  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Have a stupid cold. I could not get up ant exercise this morning, sore throat, stuffy head and nose, just not feeling good at all! I know some people can exercise when they are sick but I am not one of those machines, I just can't do it.
Had a good week last week but this weekend sucked and I cannot face the scale yet. Too scared to see what the number is.
Getting tired of myself and all my screwing up. I so do not want to gain all my lost weight back. I HAVE to keep pushing forward.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #44  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

NEMom,
Hope you get better soon but try not to be too stressed out about weight loss while you are sick. your little body is fighting as hard as it can already....
give it a little boost of whatever you do to make yourself comfy.
Good Luck!!!
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #45  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Hello ladies, I think we might be having some change of season issues, with the colds and motivation lagging...I know I'm a little sad it's getting dark earlier and earlier.
Tonight I made myself go walk before I sat down at the computer, I knew the daylight would just disappear, got me thinking about what I'm going to do when the time changes, It'll be a challenge, I love to walk outside.
We were cleaning out the basement and came across a step aerobic step I used eons ago, I might try doing that again...yeesh

stay strong, keep trying and we'll get there.
best to all