Old 09-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #1  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Whine Thread

I'm so upset that after a week of hard work, I have lost nothing! Not a single ounce! I have exercised, maintained a deficit, carefully weighed, measured and tracked my food, and after a week.... nothing! Could spaghetti on Friday after working my arse off all week be causing this??

How do you wrap your brain around something like this? All I can think of is that I should be at 174 this week, but after my last not-quite-a-stall and then this week, I'm still at 178. UGH!! I know I'm not supposed to be upset, but I am! I'm not ready to give up kind of upset, but it's really frustrating when I think about how far I am from my first mini-goal.

I just needed to vent. Please bear with me. Oh, and anyone else is welcome to use this thread for whining. I have another message board unrelated to weight loss, where if we aren't getting the results we want, we post in the whine thread. If used correctly, it usually results in, well, results! If we abuse the whine thread, the opposite effect happens. Maybe this thread can hold the same power!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Great thread! Don't get discouraged....I did and now I have 5 lbs to lose to get back to where I was in August.

I think if you keep up what you are doing you will have a big "whoosh" of weight loss in the next week or two.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #3  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

I've been counting my calories and should be losing 2lbs a week based on my LoseIt! app.

Last week: 167. This week: 167.

Am I pissed? Why yes, yes I am. But I didn't gain, so that's something. Least I'm telling myself that its something...because I'm seriously bummed. Staying the course. Joining the campus gym.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

I so completely understand this feeling. There was this commercial on tv that used to make me laugh, it had a big guy that stepped on the gym scale and weighed himself. Then he ran around the gym. Then he stepped back on the scale...and smacked it. I feel like that guy a lot.

I'm in a similar boat to you. I was on day 33 of the P90X program and had not lost a single pound, despite working my butt off. I was eating healthy. It made no sense. I took a list of everything I was doing to my doctor. She loves my exercise program, she approves 100% of my supplementation program. And she said to me, "Cut your carbs in HALF." Wow. So I have. And I started losing weight. Just a little, but the scale in inching downward.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #5  

alot of people's bodies don't lose that 1-2 pounds per week. i think that was just the average amount some people lost in one research study. i would lose about 0.5 per week average for several weeks and then it was like i lost 10 pounds at once?? but i have to really jolt my body to do that. just doing regular exercise isn't going to do that. your body might be a little like mine. i know other people who lost weight while pregnant, and can cut carbs and lose 20 pounds a month and not be hungry. and those calculations on how many calories you "should" be burning on certain exercises are not always accurate, and one pound of fat doesn't always just disappear when you cut 3500 calories out of your food. it just doesn't work every time like people say. you have to figure out what it takes for your own body to lose, and then be able to maintain that loss.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #6  
Je suis prest

Height: 5'7"

I spent pretty much all of last week eating whatever I wanted and not thinking about the consequences. I probably don't deserve to whine, but I'll do it anyway. I ended up gaining 2 pounds instead of (ideally) losing 2. I hate it when I backslide.

Suddenly those slices of cheesecake and all the eating out don't seem worth it. They never do after the fact...

But I'm back in the saddle today and hoping for the best. My mini goal is to lose 8-10 pounds by Halloween. Barring binging again, I think it's doable.
fatbottomed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #7  

I'll join. I've been good all week. According to my Bodybugg I've had a 700+ calorie deficit every day, so that should assure a loss this week. I've walked an hour every day, and my eating has been right on track. But TOM showed up last week and I had AN EIGHT POUND GAIN! Now I know that's water, but still....how discouraging! I'm down 4 of those water pounds, but I feel like it's going to take me til this time next month to get the other 4 off, and by then it'll be that time again. Grrr........
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #8  
Je suis prest

A different kind of whining: today I went through the house purging almost all the chips, cookies, candy, sugary drinks, deep fryer type frozen foods & bread products.

Family hasn't stopped whining since. heh
Old 09-24-2011, 11:49 PM   #9  
Overweight again...dang

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottomed girl View Post
A different kind of whining: today I went through the house purging almost all the chips, cookies, candy, sugary drinks, deep fryer type frozen foods & bread products.

Family hasn't stopped whining since. heh
ROFL!!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:45 AM   #10  

The only thing procs do nowadays is buy transmutters. Trust me, without such dirty tricks our chances are 0. Eaven if we did something like you said (I like the idea^^) it would still be hard. Caps have 10x more decent players and a swarm of fbs now.
anneslayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #11  
Je suis prest

Sidelined by a nasty cold... I think I've gained 3 pounds worth of mucous alone. Ugh.

Still losing though, just slowly.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #12  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/111/<114

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneslayes View Post
The only thing procs do nowadays is buy transmutters. Trust me, without such dirty tricks our chances are 0. Eaven if we did something like you said (I like the idea^^) it would still be hard. Caps have 10x more decent players and a swarm of fbs now.
is this in English? I know i live a long way away, but i haven't the foggiest idea what you're on about!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #13  
Overweight again...dang

OMG! Four weeks at the SAME weight! C'mon!! I want to update my ticker! So much for 15 pounds by October 15. At this point, I'd be happy with 8.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW = 184 / CW = 166 / GW = 145

I want to throw my whine in the ring. I have been at the same EXACT weight for 3 weeks. It is seriously pissing me off. I work out, I count calories, I change up my workouts, I change up what I eat... etc. You get the point. I honestly don't know what to do to get the weightloss going again. OH and it isn't that I'm losing inches because that hasn't changed in 3 weeks either! Ugh... Ok, rant over.
Lauren5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #15  

Default i am with you !

been the same for about 3 months, i eat healthily and so i think it is down to not enough exercise although i am never still, i have a mad home life, stick with it chick its only one week i am sure you will start losing soon !
hotcakes65 is offline   Reply With Quote