Old 08-16-2011, 01:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/194/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Newbie

Hi, my name is Dee. I thought the best place to introduce myself would be in the 40's somethings group. I am hoping the forum can help me take back charge of my life & among other things get my weight at a much healthier place.

I am 46 years old. I live in Tampa Florida. I am a parent of a beautiful girl & grandmother to a wonderful new baby girl. I am very athletic & enjoy doing sports including skiing, running, swimming & hiking, which I do all on a regular basis.

I have OCD which I have always handled by myself, no meds, just attitude & determination to function normally. This has always worked well until my Mother passed away a few years ago. I guess when I lost her, I lost my drive to be the best that I could be. I use to be the perfect weight, the house was always spotless, everything was manageable & calm. That is not where I am now. Now I am 42 pounds heavier than what I need to be. My house is clean but it is not the way I want it. I get overwhelmed & then I just sit in front of the tv or computer & can't find the focus to do what needs to be done so nothing gets done. This hasn't happened overnight this has been a gradual decline in my ability to focus & do what needs to be done including losing the weight.

I have had all I can take, I have set many goals for myself. Yes the OCD has kicked in and I want to accomplish them all. I am sure it would be easier to work on one goal at a time but I don't function like that. I believe weight loss is a battle and striving to reach a weight loss goal and other goals at the same time is not going to be easy. I'm not looking for easy, I just want me back.

When I woke up Monday (8/15) something just clicked in my brain & I decided that I had to do something. I then got overwhelmed because I had such a busy schedule planned for the day, I got the things done that I needed to do but didn't eat all day. Not good, didn't help my mood any so I decided to join a forum & found this one. I'm hoping to make some new friends, find support, give support when I can & go about doing what I need to do to get "ME" back.

I have decided to follow a calorie counting plan, I can be very obsessive & know that counting calories & tracking everything I eat will fit my personality just perfectly. I am also going to start working on two of my other goals tomorrow & that will be putting my house in order & going to bed at night. I am going to start at one end of the house & organize/de-clutter cabinets or closets or whatever needs to be done one room at a time & when I finish that room move onto the next. Some rooms I can do in a day, some will take more than one day but I have to start. Obviously I can't do anything about going to bed at a decent hour tonight because it is already after 1:30 am. So starting tomorrow I am going to start forcing myself to go to bed everynight around 11:30. I will need to figure out a way to switch my brain off at 11:30 if I hope to go to sleep, we will see how that goes.

Now I have written a book & everyone knows how dysfunctional I am so it is time to get going & get it done.
HaTimber is offline   Reply With Quote