Old 01-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 2" 209

Default A New Year a New Me

Hi I have not been here since 2009. I'll be 46 in about 5 weeks, and it's time for me to crawl out of the can of frosting and start living. I started counting points last week. I also have done a lot of thinking as to why I can't stick to anything and self sabotage my own efforts. I ordered a few self help books to figure out why I do what I do. Why and when did food become more important to me than my own health both physically and mentally. Why does it feel so good to stuff down 5 pieces of pizza yet so bad. The whole time I'm doing this, I almost feel controlled like I can't stop. Afterwards is horrible as I berate myself for doing this. I have to make a choice; either stay fat and miserable or take control.

I made the choice to take control. I'm not going to give up because the weight is comming off to slow. It will take me a year to lose 50 or 60 pounds not 3 months. I'm going to eat what I want but count WW points.

I can't do a diet that is nothing but vegetables, fruits and lean meat. I get bored within weeks. I know nutrition so well I should have my Master's degree! Now I just to figure out why i do what I do.

Caring thoughts to all of you fighting the fight.

Tanne
changemylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/198/170

Height: 5'8"

Hello - I am 48. We all KNOW what to do, the hard part is sticking with it.

A few years ago I did have success with WW and counting points. I actually enjoyed the calculating and keeping a journal. But really, I have had the best luck following South Beach.

Now, why am I here on this site if I need to do it over again because I don't stick with it and KEEP to a sane weight? Well, I can't answer that and it is kind of pointless to try to, but I know I can do get back in good shape because I've done it before.

I like this site. For one thing, it is FREE. I don't want to BUY testimonials from people, I want to hear about the experiences of real people, and this site feels totally supportive and authentic. I find it motivational to read success stories here and look at the before/after pictures posted by brave members.

There are many women on this site without answers to the same questions we have. There seems to be a common thread, however: today is a new day, the past doesn't matter. Just do what you can to move forward.

Welcome and I hope you find success.
ChicoryCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Change: congratulations for taking the first step to change your life. Also you seem to be very "aware" that your eating has less to do with hunger and more to do with emotional reasons. I hope the self help books shed some light on things for you.....I have a friend who started going to OA and that has helped her focus more on the reasons she can't lose weight rather than jsut focusing on the "diet".

I'm with you, I need to be around REAL people sharing experiences rather than a "commercial" for something. I also tend to shy away from "diet zealots" that swear that one way to lose is better than another. We are all different and need to find our path in our own way.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Default Me Too

I do the same food tastes so good, need to fugure out how to eat to live not live to eat! I am new here too, lurking more than participating. I need to get moving... motivated!!! something! It seems simple eat less move more why is it so hard??

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote