Old 06-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/179/150

Height: 5'4

Default Hi, mind if I join you?

Hi, I'm new here, and I would love to join your group, I am 44 yrs old, recently divorced after 21 yrs. of marriage, and I have four kids (one special needs), and two grandkids.

I would like to lose 30 pounds, and I am going to do calorie counting, but I have found recently that it seems much harder to lose weight than when I was a bit younger! So, I guess I am going to have to up my exercise and watch my calories very closely! Do any of you find that your metabolism has slowed way down when you hit your 40's?

Anyway, looking forward to joining in.

Lori
Loridt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/112

Height: 5'4.5

Hey and welcome! I'm only 19 but my parents are in their 40's and I get what your saying my mums trying to lose weight with me and finding it extremely difficult, and my dads always been stick thing and it wasn't till his 40's he began to gain weight, he's at a normal weight for his height though... anywayyyy lol I hope you find what you're looking for here

Last edited by candy love; 06-27-2010 at 03:41 PM.
candy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

We're glad to have you!
I'm 44 and I'm counting calories too. I can't say it's harder this time for me, because I've never lost weight this way before.

I think most here will tell you that slow and steady wins the race. Stick with it and you'll get where you want to be.

Sorry about your divorce and bless you for the the love and caring of your special needs sweetie!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #4  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Lori, I'm 44 also, mother to 5 children ages 6 to 17. I just started counting calories on June 1 and I am down 12.2lbs. I didn't think it was possible but this is also the first time I have actually stuck with something for 30 days. I had a gym membership and would work up a serious sweat and come home drink a protein shake and the next day I'd eat what I wanted and go back to gym all for nothing because my heart wasn't in it. My main exercise right now is walking. We have a stationary bike that I have been on about 3 times. The kids make it look so easy but it kills me. Today I actually tried doing crunches, I believe I did about 30. Which is better than none. I joined a 4th of July weight loss challenge on here thinking maybe 4 to 5lbs and truly didn't think I would make that but I did. I also joined a daily weigh in thread. These two really help to keep me accountable. All of us are around the same height we can do this together and keep each other accountable. I am hoping to be at goal weight by April my birthday month.

Best of luck to All of us in seeing that BIG "1 5 0" and Candy Love your "1 2 0" Take care

Last edited by love2b150; 07-01-2010 at 12:17 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Lori,

Welcome to 3FC, it's a great place to be!

Best wishes as you continue your journey. Keep us posted, okay?
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote