Old 06-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #16  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

woo hoo carroline!!! So happy to hear it went well. Good luck on hearing from him again soon.

I overcame my lethargy yesterday and managed to fit in a 20min run at lunchtime then do a weights class at the gym at night. I've been good on the food too, so i'm feeling virtuous at the moment. And i HAVE to be good this weekend because i promised myself only 4 splurges during June and i've used them already.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning. Evening posting just doesn't work for me, so I 'm back in the mornings.

No change on the scale. I'm trying not to be disappointed--it could have gone up, after all. I've stayed on track with the eating, despite some cravings, and being out running errands when hunger hits. It's hard, when that happens, to stop myself from stopping someplace convenient to get a bite to eat.

Well, the week is half over, the sun has been shining for the past couple days, and I've stayed on plan. Life is good.

Annie--I'm planning to see Toy Story 3 tomorrow, so it's good to know I should bring tissues. You're right about not depriving myself all the time. I'll count one of the meals out as my weekly treat--which I already gave myself permission for--and I'll just be careful with any other eating that day. I'll be sure to pack healthy snacks and extra water.

Time to get this show on the road. Have a good day, everyone.

Last edited by KittehMomma; 06-24-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: fixed smilies, again
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello friends! Looks like the board is going through a summer slump, but they'll be back.

I'm having trouble rolling out of bed in the mornings. I know I am not getting to bed early enough, resulting in too little sleep. I just either am working on things around the house or enjoying my evening too much to get to bed early enough. I haven't missed doing my exercise, but yesterday morning only had time to do 30 min. instead of the 45 min. I usually do on Wednesdays. I am going to try to get in bed at 9:00 tonight. I usually do a crossword until I get sleepy, which usually doesn't take too long. Maybe I should set a timer and when it goes off....lights out regardless if I think I am ready to sleep or not. I've limited my reading in bed, as I surely stay up too late when doing that. I get too interested in the book and don't go to sleep.

I saw a new # on the scale this morning, I am waiting until tomorrow to see if it sticks or not.

Ange-Good job on getting that exercise into your day!

Kitteh-I usually post in the mornings, too. I don't always have time to get online in the evenings. Sorry you had no loss this week, but....keep that glass half full......like you said, you didn't gain! That's great!!

Anyone heard from Petra? Hope her vacation is going well.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone!
Sorry for the drive-by posting. I've been in all day meetings this week running the equipment. The bad part is everyone in the room (~75 people!) can see my computer screen so it just doesn't feel right to come here!

I am thinking of you all and hope everyone is celebrating their success and moving on from anything less than success. Can't wait to catch up tomorrow.

I'm hanging in there...lost another pound this week and being really good about exercising despite my fatigue from 9-10 hours at work. It really does feel good!

More tomorrow!

Last edited by Moondance; 06-24-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:49 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning and happy Friday

I exercised and ate well yesterday, and this morning, the scale was down a pound. : All this hard work is paying off. It's now just over three weeks until my Alaska cruise--I could be in the low 130's by then. Fingers crossed. (Of course, I'll come back with extra pounds, but part of my goal was to lose enough weight before then that I could gain a few and still be ahead overall.)

I'm exercising at home today, then getting to work early. I want to leave early, but I suspect it may not be as early as I'd like. Too much work! Tomorrow is the birthday activity. We'll see how well I do with that.

I can do fairly well if my routine is not interrupted; it's the occasional deviation, whether good or bad, that tends to throw me off my stride. I suppose that's something I need to work on. Once I get to maintenance, I'll need a plan for those times.

Annie--I find the longer days fool my body about how tired I am. I go to bed at my usual time (still very light out), and I use a sleep mask to make it dark. Going to sleep on time isn't such a problem the other 9 months of the year.

Moondance--congrats on the lost pound.

Time to go exercise. Have a great weekend, everyone.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #21  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everybody.

This week has been a mixed bag. I got my binge eating in check and this morning the scale said 129. I know I've gained about 2 pounds from the binges, but I'm back on track and that's all that matters.

Down side is I am smoking again Ugh, I've got to quit asap.

On the personal life end, I've had two dates with a guy and I like him. Our dates have been low key- just having a couple of beers and talking. I've noticed that he's watching his weight and exercising like I am. That is helpful because on our dates, we don't eat big meals. Last night, we split an order of mussels and that was moderate and sensible.

My date said that I had a great body. I have NEVER gotten that compliment before. Sometimes I get compliments on a body part, but not the whole package. It was weird to hear it. But the really weird part is I believe it. I love my body, including the cellulite and the belly fat.

I find it interesting to hear some 22 years olds on 3FC talk about their bodies in the most negative ways. At 40, I'm thrilled with what I've got. I think us 40-somethings understand that our bodies are precious for not only how they look, but how they move and sustain our lives.

I wish you all a healthy weekend.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

No time. Just wanted to post 159.5 pounds on scale this a.m. Woot!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote