3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40 Somethings March Week 1 chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/195605-40-somethings-march-week-1-chat.html)

SuzyMc 03-05-2010 11:48 AM

Good morning and TGIF!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm glad this week is over! I'm dreading getting on the scales Monday morning...hopefully I didn't do too much damage to last week's loss. Oh well, the storm has passed, so I can get right back on track now.

weightlosswanted ~ I'm glad you're going to the doctor...I hope you can get some relief for your back!

Petra ~ Have a great weekend! What's on the menu? I need some new dinner ideas...

KittehMomma ~ You are right...what's done is done, so move on and get right back with the program.

PeanutsMom ~ You are doing great! Whatever it takes to motivate yourself to move more...good for you!

Onmyway ~ They are saying sunshine and near 50 for us this weekend! I'm hoping that we can get out Sunday for a walk or bike ride...something...anything to get out and enjoy the nice weather!

Wizzie ~ I'm glad that you are starting to feel better. I get UTI's too and they are not fun!

Marie ~ I'm glad that your pup is doing so well! Great news!

ICUwishing 03-05-2010 11:55 AM

Cindy - my heart goes out to you! From one stressed person to another, when things around us are absolutely out of control, there is a measure of comfort in controlling ourselves. Eat well, and find time for a short hike - and leave little post-its all over your house and car that say "BREATHE, DAMMIT!!!" :hug:

Heidi - It's another nail in the coffin, unfortunately. Apparently, a high level of workload means that he's incapable of moving dishes to the dishwasher, or wiping off a counter, or picking up a newspaper when he's done reading it. Even DS10 sees the inequity - I don't have to point it out. Apparently a 15 second contribution is still too much. Very glad to hear your eyes are recovering! We never had it get to the point of ickiness - we were able to catch it at the bloodshot and puffy level. I'm glad you didn't wait!

Marie - when I bought my new Escape last year, I had the dealership put in heated seats - they weren't factory-available in the cloth seats. It's the best money I've EVER spent! When your fanny is warm, life is great! Feels so good on a tired back when you've been on your feet working all day, too! Hooray for Blizzard's good health! No doubt it is strongly due to the care and love from you!

kathi - hope your back feels better soon - and you get good news at the doctor.

Petra - your pics are terrific!! It's a big change! Totally with you on the TGIF.

Carol - oh, I so hope you are right about spring. I'd kill to see a crocus. Just one little splash of color! We had one very cold, confused robin at our birdfeeder in late February. Not sure if he's a misguided early returner, or if he's a not-so-bright-missed-the-south-migration refugee.

Wizzie - sorry to hear about your below-waist aggravations! It sucks when you're mentally ready to get moving, and the body won't cooperate. Speedy healing!

Kitteh - There's a great line in the old movie "Gumball Rally". The Italian guy jumps in his car, reaches up and rips off the rearview mirror and throws it aside. Then he says, "What's-a behind me donna matter!" Moving on! :)

I know I'm missing people ... I will make time this weekend to come back!

In the quest for at least one thing I can control, I've picked up the trusty LoseIt app again, and am back to tracking. Decided to focus on my mid-May 43rd birthday for food control, and of course, there's still the Atlanta swim meet at the end of May to keep me in line in the water. According to my records, I was in the overweight category on my last birthday. What a difference a year can make!

AnnieDrews 03-05-2010 12:52 PM

Busy, busy morning for me! Just a drive-by today. I was able to get the 30 min. 2 mile WATP done this morning before work. Tootsie is resting so much better lately...which means so am I!:D

Had to mention my sweet fiance. He called me a few min. ago and was at the store and asked me if I need anything (I am spending most of the weekend there). I asked if he could go to the salad section and he said' "That's where I'm standing." He knows I am trying to eat healthier and thought to call me and save me a trip to the store. This means so much to me because he is a big meat-and-potatoes type of guy. I'm working on getting him and my sons to eat healthier along with me.

Have a great day everyone! If I don't check in over the weekend, I will be here Monday.

Marie 03-05-2010 01:00 PM

Petra, I’ve found myself in your 300 left calorie problem many times. I don’t plan my meals so I choose something like an egg beater scrambled eggs with laughing cow cheese so I know that I have nutrition and make my goal. And then I read farther and see you did basically just that. I find that my calorie goal is more important than sticking to whatever else I had planned. Because if I don’t, the over calorie goal days would outnumber the on track ones pretty quickly.

OMW, sounds like your SUV needs the aftermarket heaters as well. I’m doing ok. Yesterday was bad as I went out to lunch and didn’t have control over the sodium content. My arms swelled and were pretty painful. I’m turning down lunch invites for the next 2 months and not going out to eat. I learned my lesson.

Peanuts, congrats on the 3.6 pound loss. :carrot:Sounds like you found a plan that works for you. Keep at it!

Kitteh, the one pound was probably water from higher sodium foods. And yes I did hear the crash :D – but I live in the Pacific NW as well. Our chickie friends in the east probably didn’t hear it since you only crashed one meal.

WLW, I hope the back spasms cease quickly. And don’t let anyone pressure you into letting your son move back in. Only you can make that choice and from recent past history, it doesn’t seem in either your son’s or your best interest.

Suzy, I’m with you on TGIF. I am exhausted. I wish I didn’t have a late afternoon appt or I’d leave a noon and take a nap. The week was too long.

Becky, hugs to you. :hug: I’d wondered about the relationship and the stress placed on it after last falls’ posts. And welcome back to the LoseIt app fans. I swear it is the best tracker I’ve ever had.

So I pulled off the steri-strips this morning (I’d planned to wait until after work in case my arm started to bleed again). So far no blood and not having the stickie thingie on me feels better. I’m at the impatient stage of recovery. I’m not near recovered but mentally think I should be. It’s not a good stage – depressing. So I’m just muddling through at the moment. For a bit, the improvement was by leaps and bounds post-surgery and that was uplifting. Now the progress is itty-bitty. Hence the sadness. So I put my light therapy on for an extra session today. Heck I’m thinking of keeping it on all day.
Marie

fruitlady 03-05-2010 07:53 PM

Hi, I never posted here , but I would love to join in, I guess I'm finally accepting that I will be turning 42 in August. lol Turning 40 was a real shocker, it was the moment I decided to start a healthier lifestyle and lose weight so I can really start living my life. Time goes by too quick!

petra65 03-05-2010 08:44 PM

Welcome fruitlady. I see you are at maintenance and you live in the Lehigh Valley! I used to live in Bethlehem.

I had a frustrating food day. I stayed on plan all day and didn't do any snacking and am 200 calories over goal. I'm not gonna beat myself up over it because I didn't eat anything I shouldn't have but it is a source of frustration and obviously I need to plan more carefully. I could have given up the glass of wine for dinner and that would have saved me 100 calories but I still would have been over.

Peanutsmom-that gowear fit sounds really cool. I'll have to check it out next time I go to Dick's or Academy or one of those sporting goods stores.

Suzy-dinner tonight was garam masala lamb chops with indian spiced couscous. I also have greek chicken and barley salad on the menu for the weekend. I'm very fond of grain based salads. Make great packed lunches.

CruiseCAT 03-06-2010 08:34 AM

WOW.... The last two weeks have been a whirlwind but yesterday things calmed and the wind shifted. As of yesterday afternoon we are custodial parents again for the first time since Karl graduated HS in 2002. Talk about a lifestyle change!!!!

Our home is open for as long as needed and he knows it will take work to rebuild trust and repair relations. The good news.... this is a GREAT kid dealing with teen issues.

Anyway, looks like it will be a week or so before I can get back to a routine. We are still in the middle of the bathroom remodel but hope to be done Tuesday or Wednesday. One bath for three people for a few days is doable but I wouldn't want to go for many more.

weightlosswanted 03-06-2010 08:47 AM

Cruise: great news! but yes, it is a real lifestyle change : ) will keep your family in my prayers.

Went to the dr yesterday and it just seems to be pulled muscles. celebrex and muscle relaxants seem to be helping : ) so off to work I go!

KittehMomma 03-06-2010 08:49 AM

Good morning. Just a quick note today--have to go to work and I want to get there early so I can leave early. OT makes me want a candy bar, but I've already portioned and packed my food.

I had a very aerobic workout yesterday, and I stayed on course with my calories. It was tough at times--the sugar addict in me tried all kinds of persuasion, but I held firm. It's supposed to be nice weather today, so maybe I'll get my lawn mowed. That'll burn a few calories.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

PeanutsMom704 03-06-2010 09:25 AM

good news CruiseCAT and WLW!!!!

and sounds like good planning KittehMomma!

We've got a birthday party to go to today but I plan to eat my healthy lunch before we go, so I'm not tempted by treats.

Marie 03-06-2010 10:35 AM

Welcome fruitlady!

Cindy, congrats on resolution of the deepest stress. I’m glad your DSS is now with you. I am so happy for you and Mack.

WLW, I’m glad your injury wasn’t severe. That’s good news.

Kitteh, I’m sorry you have to work today. I hope OT means you get loads of extra money for the stress.

Peanuts, good plan for the party. By chance are you going to my dad’s b-day party. He’s 82 today.

I have no big plans today. I’m going to go the post office and drop off a package and my parent’s anniversary card. Beyond that it is a nice quiet day with my doggies since DH has guard weekend. I do plan to clean the bathrooms and dust the house. Much more than that is reserved for resting.
Marie

petra65 03-06-2010 10:51 AM

Hoping for a low key weekend here. I totally blew calorie budget last night and as expected the scale is up a little today.
There is something wrong with my washing machine but someone is supposed to be over to fix it soon. I was lucky and found someone who is willing to come fix it on a Sat. I was thinking I might have to go to the laundromat this weekend.

Cat-glad to hear your ordeal is over.

Plan to Wii some this weekend and hopefully study too as the taxes are done now. The weather isn't too bad here either so maybe I'll even do a little bit of work out in my yard.

PeanutsMom704 03-06-2010 10:52 AM

lol, Marie. No, not for your dad, although I wish him a very happy 82nd! This is for a 6 year old - I'd say she's a friend of my son's and they do play together but it's more because the mom and I are friends, so I'll be staying for the party to hang out and help out.

You sound like you are really getting back into swing of things now!

PeanutsMom704 03-06-2010 10:53 AM

waves to Petra! I'm off to do some of my new Wii Gold's Gym!

petra65 03-06-2010 04:29 PM

Peanutsmom-I'm totally fascinated with your gowear fit. I've been reading about it and the other similar products on line today. I might be interested but I would probably go the ebay route-save some money. I'm curious if it really makes a difference in the amount you lose. I wonder if it would help me get unstuck.