3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Starting the New Year, I will ... Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/187127-starting-new-year-i-will-challenge.html)

ICUwishing 11-28-2009 01:55 PM

Starting the New Year, I will ... Challenge!

40's and lurkers ... December is a tough, tough month for focus and discipline - the best of the worst foods come out to tease us, and family and friends help us overschedule ourselves right out of our plans.

Let's make this an eyes-on-2010 challenge, and be realistic with what we have to work with. Plan to start the New Year with optimism and cheer!

I want to weigh in on January 1st at 148. Just ... one ... pound down. And I want December to be a 20000 yard pool time month.

Who's in?

inthemidst 11-28-2009 01:59 PM

I am in!

My goal is to be at 172 by 1/1!! That will be 25 lbs and I am ready for the next step in this Journey. I will be done with school next week and so will have the whole month to focus.

We can do this! :carrot:

sznn 11-28-2009 02:28 PM

A challenge is what i need right now - and also to post more often.

My goal for Jan 1 is to be in the 150's - with a downward trend.
Also to sign up for another bootcamp (6 wks) and go 3-5x/wk.

S

Windchime 11-28-2009 02:44 PM

I don't usually do well with time-based challenges but I think I'll try this one. My goal is to go to the gym 3X per week at the very least, and to track calories faithfully every day starting today. I would like to be firmly in the 180's on January 1, which really means I need to lose 2-3 pounds by the end of December. I don't want to just dip into the 180's briefly (been there, done that!) I want to be there firmly.

So...it's a modest goal but I think I can do it!

JulieJ08 11-28-2009 03:54 PM

I completely lapsed on my yoga this summer. And I'm trying to be a bit gentler with my goals. So ...

My goal is to have practiced yoga at least every other day until New Year's Day. This 40-year old body needs it! This post is perfect timing, as yesterday was my second practice in three days.

And I think the one pound down goal is another great idea. So a second goal is to see 135 by New Year's Day. :carrot:

petra65 11-28-2009 06:46 PM

I have a nonscale goal for this month. I need to work on nonscale goals in general. I want to get into my size 16 jeans. I can get them on but I can't get them zipped. I want to get them on and be comfortable in them. I have a number I would like to see on the scale on Jan. 1. but I don't want that to be my primary focus.

weightlosswanted 11-28-2009 08:57 PM

count me in! I want to lose 2lbs and be more faithful to tracking my food intake.

JulieJ08 11-29-2009 12:27 PM

Wow, this is freaky, I weighed 135 this morning (my one pound goal). I think I definitely owe ICU that one! Your challenge is magic :D

But ... I still have to get yoga in today, because I didn't yesterday :o

inthemidst 11-29-2009 02:39 PM

Hi Chickies,

:congrat: Julie

I have 3 extra lbs to take off - I am going to call it the delayed thanksgiving bloat and hope it comes off soon. Have done pretty good today.

Getting ready to take the dd out so she can practice driving - we are going out on the open road today - that should scare some lbs off me!

Catch you all later.

Primm 11-29-2009 03:28 PM

I would love to be under 185 - I'm 188 as of this morning. I think going conservative over the holiday period is probably a good thing, right?

Plus I've made an exercise diary, and put in all my workouts until the end of the year. I'm going to fulfill them. And tick off every single one.

ICUwishing 11-29-2009 03:48 PM

Julie - you're welcome - wish I could take credit for it ... lol! Congrats!

Primm - I have enough issues with the holidays without setting a goal that's going to become just another one of the issues, so yep, I'm playing it conservative and saying December's going to be a "vigilant maintenance". One lousy little pound means something like 1000 calories less per week - 100-200 per day ... and that sounds like something I could do, even with eggnog and the occasional cookie.

Midst - welcome aboard! :lol: about the driving! 7 pounds is pretty aggressive - more power to ya!

wlw, petra, sznn, windchime - let's see what we can do!

cassieroll 11-29-2009 03:55 PM

I have such a hard time losing weight because of medical issues so I'll join you but my goal will be to exercise daily/.

editing to add that every single day probably isn't realistic with my hectic life so my plan is to aim for daily and if that's not doable then to never skip more than 1 day.

sznn 11-29-2009 06:56 PM

OK gang - I'm not off to a flying start :(
This w/e has been fraught with pizza and praline cookies - I need to ban any trigger foods from crossing the threshold!!

I also wimped out going for a run today - it finally stopped raining for the 2nd time this month.
On the bright side i did do my 10min trainer - full body and abs + did 30 min on the elliptical yesterday.
Going to tally up my calories on fitday.

Hope everyone is doing well
S

sznn 11-29-2009 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my carrot - after i lose 15 lbs!!

inthemidst 11-29-2009 09:07 PM

Hi,
Sznn - like the carrot. Lots.
cassieroll - Hi and welcome.
Primm - the exercise diary sounds like a really good idea.
ICU - I thought it would be okay to say 7lbs because I have been so off plan for 2 months and was bloated but with the addition of the thanksgiving bloat I am concerned. I will assess in the next few days and readjust the goal.

Survived the driving. Barely.

Ash