3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Starting the New Year, I will ... Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/187127-starting-new-year-i-will-challenge.html)

Hydra 11-29-2009 11:14 PM

I have not been around for some time for many reasons....lets just say I should be able to spend more time on the pc and everyone is okay in my little corner of the world.

I am going conservative and saying I would like to be 213 by the end of the year. That would be a four pound loss which is doable in my book. I want to track my calories on a daily basis (something that I really half ##@'ed this past month), drink more water and continue with walking nearly everyday.

JulieJ08 11-30-2009 01:25 AM

Thank goodness for this challenge, else I would not have done yoga at 9:45 pm. It wasn't much of a practice, but it wasn't none!

inthemidst 11-30-2009 07:50 AM

:bravo: Julie

:wave: Hydra Its good to "see" you again! I have been gone too. And it's nice to be back.

It's a brand new week. Wishing everyone a successful one! I have 3 assignments to finish. and then I am done after this week. Happy day!

newleaf123 11-30-2009 12:13 PM

Hydra nice to see you! Glad all is well...

(1) I plan to lose "some" weight. I don't care how much. I just want to weigh less than I weigh today. So, anything below 173.2 is good.

(2) I plan to be mindful about what I eat.

(3) I plan to exercise 3 - 4x per week.

CruiseCAT 11-30-2009 12:54 PM

I so need a challenge.

Considering I gained 11.6 lbs. while on vacation (since November 12th) I would like to at least lose that. I'm thinking the first 5 pounds will come off this week, then I'm looking at 2 lbs. for the next 4 weeks. My goal for WI on January 1, 2010 is to be 139.2.

ICUwishing 11-30-2009 09:37 PM

Wow! What a terrific bunch of goals! I'm excited to be hangin' out with all of you - we are gonna ROAR into 2010!

Onmyway 11-30-2009 09:41 PM

I'm going to continue what I was doing in November. Staying at 1400-1500 calories per day, 30 minutes of exercise each day, logging what I eat to keep me in line. I know it works, I'll take whatever loss comes with it!

GivTLC 12-01-2009 08:17 AM

Heya Ladies!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday :) We made it through! :carrot:

I had my WW meeting and weigh in on Sat. and I was down another 1.6 pds...that brought my total loss for the month of Nov. to 9 lbs :carrot:

Goals for Starting the New Year:

Lose 5 lbs: Not shooting for the moon here, cause well it's December LoL
Learn 2 new Healthy recipes
Continue to exercise 6 days a week

This is probably the most stressful/emotion filled month of the year for the majority of us. I know it is for me...I just have to keep focused and not turn to food to comfort me...Thank you all for your continued support :)

Huggies,
Giv

RealMeSomeday 12-01-2009 11:38 AM

oh goody! Everyone seems to be here already!
My goal is to 1) break through the 180 barrier.... but with the holidays I think I'll go for another 5 pounds and if it's more then HOORAY for me! (I haven't seen 170s in a thousand years!) 2) exercise everyday either running, weights, swimming or a combination if I have time and energy (after I am over the flu) and 3) NO EATING AFTER 7!! That remains a tough one for me.

sznn - what is a boot camp?

ICU - You're as inspiring as ever!!

Primm - like the idea of an exercise diary.

Newleaf - good goals and they seem attainable! Good luck!

And to all of you, thank you for posting. I need this forum. I can tend to be a lurker but you're all so inspirational! Keep going with the positive thoughts and great ideas!

CanadaMel 12-01-2009 04:45 PM

My goal is to be 160 by Jan. 2010.
I keep jumping between 166.4 - 170.
Trying to kick up the exercise a notch. Speaking of which- it's time to get the kids from school, they want to go sledding after school- time to grab the sleds & start walking!

sznn 12-01-2009 09:04 PM

Realme - boot camp is an exercise class run like an army style boot camp.
I have been going to one 2x/wk for the past 6 or so weeks - really noticing a difference!

lambchop 12-01-2009 10:33 PM

Jumping in for the challenge

I'd like to break into the 220's for the new year... :)

Plenty of days left this month to keep up good habits and allow my body to make positive changes!

petra65 12-02-2009 09:18 AM

Lamb-welcome back. Glad your home.

I saw a new low number on my scale this morning-225.8. I know it won't stick but it gives me encouragement that "something" is happening. I figure I'll try my jeans on again when I hit 20 lbs.

lambchop 12-02-2009 11:27 AM

Way to go Petra!!! I'm thrilled to hear your scale is showing you some nice numbers!

JulieJ08 12-02-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petra65 (Post 3031633)
I saw a new low number on my scale this morning-225.8. I know it won't stick but it gives me encouragement that "something" is happening. I figure I'll try my jeans on again when I hit 20 lbs.

That *so* counts. I always count those :). I have a pair of jeans I'm trying to fit comfortably again too.