3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-somethings September Week 1 Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/181193-40-somethings-september-week-1-chat.html)

Marie 09-10-2009 06:52 PM

Hi all, really busy day.
OMW, holey smokes, are you sure those 2 pics are of the same person??? Wow, you look great.
Jacque, take a look at the Self Awareness Wheel. It isn't confrontational at all. The situation I used it in the year was humungous and it was good for both me and my parents.
Newleaf, wtg on the exercise priority.
Hello to everyone else. No time for more personals. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little less hectic! But, I'm on my way to change my ticker as another pound has vanished.
Marie

CanadaMel 09-10-2009 07:46 PM

Patchwork- glad hubby is on the mend. Dh got stung last night on the forehead & when he woke up this morning his eye was swollen shut-yikes! We'll see how he is when he gets home from work.

On My Way- WOW- look at you! Thanks for sharing & Keep up the great work!!

Newleaf- you can do it! Getting back into the groove is great feeling.

Hydra 09-10-2009 09:31 PM

onmyway - thanks for posting your pictures. You look fabulous!!! I am so inspired by so many people here. Way to go!

Onmyway 09-10-2009 11:25 PM

Thanks for the compliments!

Weightloss is such a weird thing. My clothes tell me I have gotten smaller but I don't always see it in the mirror. Putting the two pictures side by side on my computer really showed me how much I have really changed. Also motivates me to finish what I started and lose the last 20! I have no dreams of being a 6 or 8, I'm hoping to be a 12!

Cruise, I have a frame that DS gave me for Christmas. Nothing fancy and very easy to operate. Made by insignia, he got it at Best Buy. With digitals, it's a great way to show a continuous slideshow. The one we got for MIL is a desk set with a pen. I purchased it at Kohls this summer. We got one for DH at the same time and he has it at work.

Gardener, hope you are feeling better! There's a lot of stuff going around!

Newleaf, great job getting into the exercise groove! Loved your advice for mystical!

Marie, Another pound gone! You rock!

Another good day for me. TOM arrived so I'm hoping to see a good loss in a couple of days. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!

CruiseCAT 09-11-2009 09:08 AM

OMY - You look FABULOUS, no need to hide behind DD. I absolutely love before and after pictures, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the info on the frames. I was looking at them again online and ended up overwhelmed. I'm just going to break down and get one, I'm sure whatever I end up with will be fine.

I'm off to the endodontist this morning for my root canal and then Monday I'll get my permanent crowns. Then I'm DONE with the dentist. Well I would like to be but I have to do a cleaning/scaling.

Mack and I are planning for another hike tomorrow, just need to decide where.

Hope you all have a GREAT weekend.

ICUwishing 09-11-2009 09:30 AM

Carol - fantastic pictures! Isn't it cool to see what a radical difference you've made for yourself? And what a difference in how you experienced this summer, being fit and smaller? I'm amazed at how much more I did outside this year. Helps that it was cooler and pleasant ... but still! :)

Heidi - I did the same thing with the Labor Day goal. I went off what it read that day, in spite of the same couple of extra pounds.

Mel - boy, the fellas are just getting nailed these days!

Marie - congrats on the pound! :carrot: Wow - you're 60 pounds down??? Don't know why I just looked at that the first time ... I'll bet you've got some impressive progress pics too!

Speaking of which - I've found the picture that really began my drive to knock the weight off. I have to remember to bring it to work and scan it. Y'all will be amazed - a beautiful black dress is NOT always slimming. I can prove it. ;)

gardenerjoy 09-11-2009 09:45 AM

Onmyway: those are amazing pictures! You are looking great!

presmaggie: I went from computer science to library science -- such a relief to be around women!

mystical: yay for the treadmill workout! It will get easier. And, I'm with newleaf, it is possible to overdo it at first. Better to take it slow and steady.

Marie: hurray for another pound gone!

CruiseCAT: hope the dental work goes well and that you have a great hike this week.

My tummy problems seemed to be of the 24 hour variety and much improved now. Thanks, everyone, for your healing thoughts! I intend to be back on plan today. I'm going to make weightlosswanted's Mexican Tuna Salad for lunch today!

dmc2009 09-11-2009 10:08 AM

To early!!!

Well, thought I would catch up a little.

And.. OMW... YOU look so awesome. I am sooo inspired. Our daughters are about the same age and I want to lose weight for her and for me! Thank you for sharing. You already look smaller than a 12!

I think I have lost two lbs. I mean, that is what the scale says this morning and I have been sooo good. I am going to wait until tomorrow to move my flutterby to be sure. I am nervous/excited... I hope it sticks. That would be a great start.

Last night, no night eating... I am finding a glass of water is good!

Cruisecat, come out to the beach and hike with me!!! I love to hike. I go to Wildwood in Thousand Oaks alot, check it out online.

Gardenjoy, I hope you feel better, my daughter said all the kids are sick in her class, I think that time is here!

ICU, I would love to see a pic. I will send a pic of me now too. I posted a pic of this not so attactively dressed woman on my fridge. I know it sounds terrible, but I know if I keep eating our shapes are very similar and It could easily be me. It seems to be a detterent.

Newleaf, I have been walking and walking and walking... I hope it helps. I have to watch it because bad knee and tennis elbow.

Like I have heard it said, our joints have expiration dates!!! :lifter:gahhhhhhh

Today, making a pot of veggie soup. maybe.

Have a great day all.

dmc2009 09-11-2009 10:11 AM

Marie, congrats!!!!!

Marie 09-11-2009 11:40 AM

Cruise and OMW, I LOVE my digital frame. I have it on my desk at work and when someone is really irritating me and I want to scream, I look at the frame and smile. Why??? Because I only filled it with happy time pics. There’s no way I can be mad when looking at the pics so a smile always stays in my voice.

ICU, LOL at the black dress comment. I’m thinking when a person is fat, a person is fat. Some clothes make a person look fatter. I have one photo of me and my newborn DGS that is in profile and me sitting. That was enough to push me over the “I’m OK being fat” hurdle. I’ll see if I can find it this weekend. And thanks for posting my total loss as I thought I’d changed my ticker yesterday but hadn’t. Since each one of those pounds lost is hard earned, I looked at my signature and stared at the 1 week old weight and went and fixed it – during mid sentence. So Jacque’s friend is a twit to think each pound she lost wasn’t hard earned.

Joy, I’m glad you’re feeling better.

DMC, if you’re anything like me, my weight fluctuates on daily, inexplicable way. My thought on the matter is I take the lost reading and post it. Then I weight for the next lowest reading. As it’s consistently going downward with or without the fluctuations, I’m happy. So take your 2 pounds loss and CELEBRATE!!!! :woohoo:And major progress to celebrate on no night eating. You are making great changes.

I am so HAPPY it is Friday. :carrot::carrot::carrot: Weekend is just 7.5 hours away!!! DH has guard weekend so I get to putter around to my heart’s contentment. I love DH yet I do like my alone time. He likes to plan activities for the weekends and I go back to work exhausted. So this weekend, I plan to watch football, write, and I have to stuff envelopes for our road district. I’m even going to watch the Viking game so I can cheer for my favorite (over the hill) quarterback. Now, for a Packer fan to cheer for the Vikings, I must be a devoted Brett Favre fan. Besides, I grew up in Minnesota so I can do it. Just not when they play my beloved Packers. ;)
Marie

Hydra 09-11-2009 10:46 PM

Marie - I think I will be buying a digital frame for my mom for christmas. They sound really cool. I have never seen one.

gardenjoy - Glad you are feeling better and I hope you have a nice weekend with lots of rest and relaxation.

cruisecat - Good luck with your dental appointments. I hope you get through this with a minimum of discomfort.

onmyway - I am sure you will soon be a size 12. I am shooting for an 18 and a 16 would be just wonderful.

I was able to stay on plan today, even though at work we had a big meeting and had a ton of salty and sweet bad for you snacks. I stuck to fresh strawberries and they were awesome, a banana and I allowed myself one small piece of vanilla coffee cake. I felt pretty good about that. I also passed up the gooey pink fruit dip.

Have a good evening and great Saturday Ladies!!!:cb:

weightlosswanted 09-12-2009 07:56 AM

I hope everyone has a great weekend! No scale movement yet, I'm walking at least 2 miles, often 3 every day. Still trying to get those calories at the right amount, and the right kind of calories! I'm scheduled to start my physical therapy next thursday if all goes well with the transportation. There's so much going on with everyone, I'll have to catch up with personals later-off to work and a potluck with friends after. (which will be a challenge food wise!)

gardenerjoy 09-12-2009 08:58 AM

dmc2009: a glass of water at night -- brilliant! Glad that's working for you.

Marie: have a great weekend of puttering and football!

Hydra: good for you on your office meeting eating. One of the books I was reading pointed out that we didn't use to have food at meetings and brought it up as one of many reasons for the obesity epidemic. I'm amazed by how many people on this site have to deal with that almost daily. There's an advantage to working from home for me.

weightlosswanted: the Mexican Tuna Salad was great! Thanks for the recipe! I made it with leftover grilled salmon, so it was kind of a fancy version.

Today's agenda, for me, begins with a walk with a friend and visiting one, maybe two, farmers markets. After that, I'm not sure, but with that start it has to be a healthy day, I think!

newleaf123 09-12-2009 09:17 AM

Hydra - congrats on successfully maneuvering at the office function!! That is awesome!

GardenerJoy - good point re: food at meetings. I'm glad to work at home, too!

I was pleasantly surprised by a drop in the scale this morning. I wasn't expecting it after no exercise yesterday, and having granola and raisin bran for dinner... But I'll take it! Weekends are hardest for me... but I really want to end up on Monday the same place that I did Saturday morning. I can do this!!

Onmyway 09-12-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

OMY - You look FABULOUS, no need to hide behind DD. I absolutely love before and after pictures, thanks for sharing.
Thanks Cruise! Old habits are hard to break! If there was someone else in the picture, I was usually behind them! Hope your trip to the endodontist went well. Bet you're glad it's over!

Quote:

And.. OMW... YOU look so awesome. I am sooo inspired. Our daughters are about the same age and I want to lose weight for her and for me! Thank you for sharing. You already look smaller than a 12!
Thanks DMC!, DD has been a big part of my desire to lose, I need to do everything I can to be there for her for a long time! Not to mention the change in the things we are able to do together! She's also a terrific cheerleader! Congrats on losing 2, you are off to a great start! Way to go BFF!

Quote:

And what a difference in how you experienced this summer, being fit and smaller? I'm amazed at how much more I did outside this year. Helps that it was cooler and pleasant ... but still!
ICU, You are so right, this summer has been one of the best I can remember for that very reason, I enjoyed and experienced it instead of watching it! Being slimmer is way more fun! Loved your black dress comment! You are so witty! Can't wait to see your pic! Also, congrats on everything with your business, looks like you are getting everything into place to pursue your dream. That's fantastic!

Quote:

I am so HAPPY it is Friday. Weekend is just 7.5 hours away!!! DH has guard weekend so I get to putter around to my heart’s contentment. I love DH yet I do like my alone time.
Marie, I'm with you! DH is gone for the day at a Boy Scout event! It's good to have time to ourselves! You are getting very close to goal! You rock!

Quote:

I was able to stay on plan today, even though at work we had a big meeting and had a ton of salty and sweet bad for you snacks. I stuck to fresh strawberries and they were awesome, a banana and I allowed myself one small piece of vanilla coffee cake. I felt pretty good about that. I also passed up the gooey pink fruit dip.
Hydra, Way to go! Events with lots of food choices can be tough! You made good decisions and treated yourself a bit to not feel deprived. That's great! You should feel good!

Quote:

There's so much going on with everyone, I'll have to catch up with personals later-off to work and a potluck with friends after. (which will be a challenge food wise!)
WLW, Good luck with the potluck! Someone once suggested filling your plate with the healthy stuff first, then there's not as much room for the other stuff! Great job with all of the walking! It's great exercise!

Quote:

Today's agenda, for me, begins with a walk with a friend and visiting one, maybe two, farmers markets. After that, I'm not sure, but with that start it has to be a healthy day, I think!
Joy, With an attitude like that, you are destined for success! Have a great day!

Quote:

I was pleasantly surprised by a drop in the scale this morning. I wasn't expecting it after no exercise yesterday, and having granola and raisin bran for dinner... But I'll take it!
Newleaf, Take it, cause you earned it! You've been working hard and one evening shouldn't ruin it! Besides, your dinner was probably a better calorie choice than a bunch of pizza or cheeseburger and fries!

Our bathroom is almost done. Vanity and toilet are in. Tile is grouted. Plumber will be here today to reconnect all of the pipes and then just finishes. I am sooo ready for it to be done! Volleyball season starts for DD today, then we may head to the mall. Not anything too exciting but that's OK! Hope everyone has a great day!