3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Mid-Life Crisis - Need Hope, Please!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/159510-mid-life-crisis-need-hope-please.html)

Nannerpup 02-13-2009 03:44 PM

Ladies, I'm right there with you all on the mid life crisis. I never thought I would ever feel like this when I was younger. I've got a great hubby, for the last 10 years. We just built our dream house out on 15 acres. I have a wonderful successful career that I enjoy. I'll be 50 in June and feel like an old woman!! I was fine even though I was gaining weight till I was about 45. Then it started hitting me from the calendar aspect. I realized I wasn't 20 any more. That kinda kicked me in the teeth. Then we had a few losses. In the last 4 or 5 years, I've had very bad trouble with my daughter, lost my dear FIL and my hubbys business partner of 21 years who also was a good friend of mine. That is how hubby and I met. I guess I'm just feeling old and tired. So I've been really closely looking at my life over the last few weeks. I don't want to go into my 50's like this. I also know my hormones and changes in my life are playing a part, as well as being overweight and out of shape. So I've decided to change what I can, and work around the rest. I'm starting on the path to get healthy and lose the extra baggage in my trunk now. I've also cleared a lot of clutter out of my life that I don't have time for any more. I'm going to start to spend more time doing things for me, and that I enjoy. So I'm going to spend time cooking and learning how to make it more healthy, garden, work on my house, have fun with my hubby, play with my dogs. I may even play with my Muscle Car again that hubby bought me for Valentines day in 2000. LOL I told everyone that was my Mid Life Crisis car!! I'm also going to have some fun with clothes and my hair and makeup as rewards for myself as the pounds come off.

I've come up with another thery here as well. I know that I've always, ever since I was 17, spent the majority of my time taking care of someone else. My daughter, my husband, my job, my friends, but never on myself. I've worked hard all my life to have the kind of professional life and home I wanted. Time to spend some of that energy on me now. I think so many of us spend all our energy on others, we forget to spend any on us. And in our 40's we need some of our own medicine. And all of a sudden, we realize we forgot how to take care of ourself. I know I can relate to at least one point in most every post to this thread. I am sooo glad you gals started this thread and I know now I'm not alone in this. And I'm so glad I found this group!!! Thank all of you for being here!!!