Old 08-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #1  
Wandering in the Woods

Default oh no....

Thanks All for chatting on my other thread , but I want to bring up another question, separately ; I tried my first ever perfect lunch of 'salad' of baby chard leaves and grape tomatoes from my garden, carrots and celery. About a half hour later I've developed scratchy irritation in the back of my throat, which is depressing. I thought this combo was safe, but wonder if any of you have such an experience? I perhaps will try the baby spinach leaves instead of raw chard, from now on....

Anyway, it really filled me up, more than just my tummy, but my health conscience level too! I figure if I eat this everyday for lunch, I'll eventually crave it over the starch lunches I have always eaten but really can't anymore.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:22 PM   #2  
it's always something

I have heard that raw chard can do that. Spinach might be a better choice

Otherwise, it sounds very delicious!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:21 PM   #3  
Wandering in the Woods

THanks Susanne! I'll stay away from raw cruciferous veggies in general I think.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote