Old 07-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249.8/222.8/160

Height: 5'5"

Default ruined my induction

I did 2 full weeks of induction ok. Dropped 6lbs and see my body changing/shifting a bit through exercise. Feel like I am retaining water again though, cause I am feeling swollen. Then last night I ruined everything. Was I hungry?...no!! Like an alcoholic I thought, maybe it is all in my head and I don't have a problem with carbs (hahahahaha). SO, I thought I will have 2 saltine crackers (they come 4 packages to a box), cause I know that I like them. Well, half of one of the packages later I knew/reconfirmed that I can't eat that stuff. I tried to just eat the two but the desire to have more was just unbelievable. I am pissed at myself but I am not going to use this excuse as a reason to not continue.

So I am going to get back on track today. Had to post for accountability.
kellkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #2  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Have no fear that little slip wont totally derail you. I think from past experience as long as we jump right back on it will all end up fine. I know where I have previously messed up is when I say I slipped and had xyz so I might as well have a full out binge.
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 249.8/222.8/160

Height: 5'5"

Okay. That is reassuring. I have never cut carbs before so I don't know what is detrimental. The book said that if you talk yourself into going off plan even for a little cheat it could really affect results so I wasn't sure. It is really easy to stay on plan but last night, holy moly, was a toughie.
kellkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

There's no such thing as failure! The only failure is quitting permanently. If you fall, get back up.

I have been on Atkins 4 separate times in my life, 1999, 2003, 2008 and beginning mid-May of this year. It has worked each time. I just **finally** learned I have to make it a permanent lifestyle, not a short-term solution.

I choose not to eat carbs because they make me feel like crap. It's taken a decade to come to this decision, but it works for me.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #5  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

the beautiful thing about atkins is that setbacks won't derail you totally. just pretend it didnt happen, put it out of ur mind and start eating low-carb again. that's what i do.

good luck!!!
SunnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote