Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-16-2011, 06:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Default Quarter of the way there

I've now lost approximately 9lb, and I am thrilled. I've had some unpleasant personal stuff going on lately, it'll be stressful for a while to come as well, so it's extra good to feel that I'm accomplishing this. My clothes are fitting better, I've had to stock up on lots of belts as my trousers are getting so loose, and today I actually had the courage to look at myself in a full-length mirror, both in my undies and when dressed, and felt pretty happy about what I saw. Especially when I pulled in my stomach!

I've been putting on weight for years and felt completely helpless about it because I'm so severely disabled (severe ME/CFIDS), and it really is fantastic to be getting some control back over something. I'm also managing to keep up an exercise regime for longer than I can remember before, and I've been disciplined enough about taking it slowly that while I've needed to have the odd few days off, I haven't had to stop altogether due a relapse, as has always happened in the past. Thankfully, I've got past the stage of feeling bad when other people mention working out for hours and I am only managing a minute or two at a time, because that mindset is exactly what messed things up in the past.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #2  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #3  

Erm, I have smilies (and signatures) disabled, so I just see an empty post, but I presume that's something I should say "thank you" to!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #4  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Ha ha! Your superior powers kicked in well there!

I sent you congratulations and a rather cool yellow dancer in shades.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 148/135/118

Height: 5'4"

Congrats!!!! Great job taking control of your life!
psuajblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #6  

Silverbirch - this is because it's not the first time I've stared in confusion at a completely blank post! I have visual problems and trouble with moving images and such, that's why I disable them.