Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default psyllium cream of wheat

Ok--I feel really weird about it, but metamucil always reminded me of cream of wheat.
This morning I boiled some water, poured it in a bowl with two spoonfuls of psyllium husk, and mixed milk as needed. I put a teaspoon of sugar and some cinnamon in there--then I ate the bowl.

I am obviously no gourmet, if I can eat a bowl of metamucil cream of wheat! It still ended up being about 130 cal for the cup of milk, then another 50-70 cals for the psyllium husk (I used tablespoons), and about 15 cal for sugar. Totaling 215--of course some of the milk was in my tea too--. It's not bad considering it contains a quarter of needed fiber, and 35% of calcium recommended.

I still feel really weird--I just wish they called it something other than metamucil. I better drink a lot of water today.
Stopfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #2  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Oy! If I ate that much fiber I think I'd be in pain by the end of the day, since I already get a lot of fiber throughout my day with the other foods I eat! Good for you that you don't.... I'm one of those weirdos that have to exactly the right amount of fiber or they're in trouble.... lol!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5

Lol!
Yeah, I'm working on one thing at a time--so I haven't focused too much on fiber. I probably don't eat enough of it at the moment so it probably is a good thing. The strange thing is that I just really wanted some cream of wheat!
Stopfat is offline   Reply With Quote