UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/126

Height: 5"5

Wink New Scottish Lass LF weight loss, GSOH, loves good food and long walks

So here I am, a 26 year old just entering the overweight BMI range and desperate to do something about it before it becomes a big problem.
  • I love chocolate
  • I love eating out with friends, regular Sunday lunch
  • I joined a gym which triggered asthma I didn't know I had, when I started training for a 10K
  • I hate going to the gym (I don't like sweating or coughing fits)
  • I love going for long walks and cycling but it takes up a lot of time and Scottish weather is a pain!
  • Since I started going to the gym, I gained 4lbs
  • The confectionery machine in the staff room at work is a wolf in sheeps clothing, it serenades me until i use it, then i realise I've wasted valuable calories. It does this too often.
  • My weight really started creeping up when I stopped smoking 2 years ago, since then I have gained 2 stone
  • That's what I'm going to loose!
  • I carry most of my weight on my bum and thighs

So there's a bit about me. Any advice would be received with great thanks!

Last edited by MissLydia; 04-22-2011 at 04:28 AM. Reason: I'm fussy
MissLydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Welcome MissLydia, I've been struggling with my weight too, this site is great though, keeps you accountable.
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/150/126

Height: 5"5

Excellent, that's just what I was hoping for. Most of my friends are skinny and probably very tired of hearing me talk about food and exercise so I need some people around me that 'get' it!
MissLydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #4  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi and welcome MissLydia!

After 3 weeks of slacking (moving house, holidaying, Easter etc etc) I'm well back on the wagon tomorrow, and will once again be back on here a lot to keep me accountable, this site has helped me loads over the past few months.

I can't suggest too much really. But would say, don't abandon going out for your regular Sunday lunches, use this as your 'treat' for a good week, I find allowing myself to be realistic works far better than trying to completely change my life and be miserable.

As for exercise, have you spoken to the staff at the gym or even better your GP about their advise on suitable exercise you can do without setting off your asthma?

Good luck on reaching your goal, I hope this site helps you as much as it helps me! Do you have a specific food plan in mind?
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Misslydia, hi and welcome

I am an asthmatic, I had a bad attack this morning thanks to my husband spraying deodorant in the bathroom before my shower, really rubbish start to the day.
I hate the gym but I find things like aqua aerobics helps as the water and the moister in the air doesnt bring on the coughing and full on attacks.

Remember you dont have to give up your life with your mates eating out and socializing, just all in moderation. I still love a good meal or night out

Good luck darling xxx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:53 AM   #6  

Hy Miss Lydia, Missy! I never thought here would be an English person defending Scottish weather but- I went to Aboyne over Easter (Nearest big Town- Aberdeen) and the weather was HOT! Went for some lovely walks there.

Congrats on stopping smoking.

Perhaps avoid the snack machine by brining in healthy snacks - bits of fruit, some of those little cheesies and some oatcakes or something???
Peacock Princess is offline   Reply With Quote