Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Is it OK to start running again?

Ok... two weeks ago I participated in a "run" for the Houston SPCA. Well... I think that the fact that I didn't warm up the same way I normally do added to the fact that I was running on concrete... well... my legs didn't like that. By the time I finished the half mile run (due to rain it was cut short), at a walk/run... my lower right leg was KILLING me. Sharp pains and all.

Since then... I haven't run. And I LOVE running... I'm just so scared of hurting my leg again... it only just in the past week stopped being painful when I walk on it.

So... my question is... if I run on a treadmill... and stick with only 30 minutes of walk/run instead of my normal 45-hour... walk and run mind you... would that be too much? Or should I just switch to brisk/speed walking for now?
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbrider View Post
my normal 45-hour...
Whoo! You go girl!! Totally a typo, I know. Couldn't resist.

Your plan sounds sound to me. Make sure you stretch before AND after and just do what feels good the first time out. If it was me, if I felt a little twinge I'd quit running. I don't mess around with running. There's just so much you can mess up.

Did you get shin splints?
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #3  

it doesn't hurt any more with impact? it should be fine.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #4  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

haha... whoops. I mean 45 minutes of course... 45 hours would be... well... awesome.

But yeah... i think they were shin splints. At the moment, they don't seem to be hurting anymore... but I haven't been running. So yeah.

Thanks.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote