South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Help with eating? I forgot to..

So this is rather weird for me...but i used to be the emotional/binge eater where i would binge eat on sweets and sugar and just about anything except protein.. But..i am not doing that anymore...In fact, now i am having a harder issue.. that i never thought i would have.. Im forgetting to eat! I ate my breakfast of two eggs scrambled with a peice of laughing cow cheese and drank my two cups of veggies and then my next snack wasnt until 6:30 pm and my next meal wasnt till 8pm..Its like.. i went through almost an entire day without eating..and without getting hungry..it was the strangest thing..and to be honest..its been really difficult eating in general..im not bored of what i eat, because i always change up my recipes and make sure i get variety but for some reason, i have no interest in eating anymore..and what seems like no appetite..im struggling just to get 1200 calories into my diet.. When apparently according to fit day i need at least 2000 just to live for the day and thats with the calorie deficit taken off for weight loss already..

Does this happen to any of you? Cause i swear it has never happend to me until i went on to south beach..are my blood sugars just so stabled out now that i dont feel hungry anymore??
Old 02-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Protein and fat cause you to be fuller longer because they take longer to leave the stomach than carbs and sugar. But usually within 4 hours your stomach should be empty. Sugar IMO causes you to get hungry more often also so I am sure part of it is the reduction of sugar/carbs in your diet.

That being said I'd try to not forgot to eat- I assume you have a lunch hour between lunch and breakfast, even if you weren't very hungry I still would have eaten something. I eat every 2-3 hours, small meals, and now my body will not hesitate to remind me it's time to eat!

Remember eating every 2-3 hours keeps your metabolism running full speed

I also would try to up the calories- 1200 or barely 1200 is definitely too low at your weight. I think 1800-2000 is good. Some days I am less hungry and others more hungry- so it'll even out- you just don't want to eat so little for a while then binge cuz you are starving one day.

Last edited by beerab; 02-23-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Could be that your BGL has stabilized a bit. Didn't you just start a new drug?
I'm sure you are going to get your appetite back.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #4  
Porthardygurl

Yah i started glumetza which is a different form of Metformine..its a decently high dose they gave me to help me..and i think its been since ive been taking it with every meal, i havent been so interested in eating as much..but worse then that..i cant get my regular caloric intake in these days..it just seems like sooo much food to me now..but people keep telling me i need 2000 a day and 1200 is not close..any ideas of how to up the calories??
Old 02-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Personally I don't think you should ever force yourself to eat. Your body could be adjusting to the new diet - more protein, more fiber, etc. As long as you are getting enough of the things you need it should even out again. If it continues to be an issue we can all give plenty of suggestions to add calories but this early I'd just wait it out.
ETA - especially with the new diabetes meds. DW's eating is all over the place when they adjust her meds

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-23-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Nuts and healthy oils are an easy way to up your calorie counts. Adding just a tablespoon of olive oil adds I think 120 calories, and if you do that at every meal, that's 360 right there. Throw in a serving of nuts here and there and you should be back where you want to be. I like toasted almonds in pretty much any green veggie, and almond or peanut butter is great with a snack
Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 AM   #7  
Porthardygurl

Unhappy and the calorie count for the day is....:(

I need HELPPPPPPPP!!! I plugged every single little thing i ate down to baking ingredients and my total calorie count today has been 1081..im supposed to eat at least 1800...arghhhh. .. i hate this.. this is so hard for me..i dont starve myself at all and i dont even really feel that hungry most days..whats wrong with me??? I mean, i feel like i eat a lot and cant cram anything more down my throat..
Old 02-25-2011, 02:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Can you give us an idea of what your meals look like? It is easy to add some extra calories without adding food. Cook your food with olive oil, spread some peanut butter on your apple, drink a glass of juice or milk with dinner along with your water.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:31 AM   #9  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

I go through this during my period. I end up eating 300-800 calories a day and feel like I'm stuffing myself.

Shytowngal is right. Sneakk in some healthy fats into your meal for calories. Peanut butter (roughly 200 call per 2TBSP)) and EVOO (120 cals per TBSP) really add up!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:51 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Add some nuts and avocado. They're both high in calories and good fat.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I had the same problem too earlier on with South Beach, I think quite a few other ladies said the same thing. I'd eat cashews for dessert to make up the difference so I wouldn't be so low (I only needed 1200!). The good and bad of the beach...great being so satisfied with healthy foods!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:57 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

I've never had this problem. Are you sure that you are accurately measuring out portions, rather than just eyeballing serving sizes when you calculate your calories?

Last edited by Mmckellen; 02-25-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

higher fat yogurt, nut butters, whole nuts, avocado, olive oil...etc.

post a sample menu, please.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

*sob* I want this problem so badly!!!!

Sorry...just had to put it out there. I DO realize that it's difficult to diet, no matter which end of the spectrum you have difficulty with.

I eat about 1400 cals a day and am always ready for more.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #15  
Porthardygurl

Let see here..sample day:

Breaky: 1/2 cup no fat yogurt with 1tbsp of sugar free jam
2 cups of low sodium veggie juice

Snack: Cheese string

Lunch: Salad w/8 ounces of chicken breast and olive oil and vinegar dressing 2 tbsp

Snack: Sugar free jello w/ piece of cheese or 1 ounce

Dinner: 1/2 cup chickpeas plus 4oz of ground beef, mixed in with 1/2 cup of crushed tomato, mushrooms, zucchini

Dessert: 3 minute flourless chocolate cake w/ 1tbsp of light whip
1 can of diet rite cola (no calories)
1- 8oz cup of crystal light w/ 1tbsp of Chia seed
Closed Thread