Old 01-02-2011, 01:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/159/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Default what can I do with sugar snap peas?

I recently decided that I like them. What can I do with them to cook and add into dishes?
rengetsfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

You can rinse them off and eat them raw, I like to snack on them with other chilled veggies for lunch. I snip the end and pull off the stringy fiber at the curved end.

They cook up nicely in a stir fry - they don't need much cooking time so add them at the very end and cook for 1 and a half minutes to keep their crunch.

I also nuke them in a glass dish - rinse and keep just a little bit of water in the covered dish - again for no more than a minute and a half - cook in 30 second intervals until you get them the consistency you like them add but be careful as once you over cook them and they get wrinkly - they get mushy and are not so good. Add a little shredded parmesan cheese on top or add them to some sauted red bell peppers.

They are a nice addition to a veggie combo mix - sauted yellow squash, carrot strips, sugar snaps, colored bell peppers.

Since they overcook easily, I don't like them in something that has alot of liquid in them - soups and such.

Enjoy!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #3  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I love mine raw with hummus! (they are also good in stir fry and I add them to the veggies I toss in to my pasta dishes so there's more bulk and less actual pasta).
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote