Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #1  

Default Special K Diet

Has anyone tried the special k diet? If so, Does it realy work?

What about the sacred heart diet? Anyone tried it? I don't like white milk. Can I replace the white milk with choc milk or anything else?

Thank You,

Bernice
children11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #2  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

Do a day or two of the special K diet and you will be starving by the end of it. My friend and I did it for a couple of days as an experiment and he and I both thought the same thing. We were starving!! I think that is really how the "special K diet" works-- you lose weight by starvation, which is not very healthy.

Now, if you want to maybe eat the cereal for breakfast or even as a snack I see nothing wrong with that. I'd just measure out the serving size (most cereals are half a cup, I have no idea what special K is) and eat that. And I don't like milk as a general rule so I just don't use it-- although you could try soymilk; they have regular, vanilla, and chocolate.

But I wouldn't really recommend the special K diet-- my personal opinion? Its just a gimmick to get people to buy their products.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:33 AM   #3  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

I've done the Special K diet a few times, and it does work. But only because you're decreasing calories. You can get the same effect eating Cheerios twice a day + two snacks + a balanced dinner. Serving size is 3/4c-1c, depending on which flavour.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote