Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Arrow any acai berry users?

just interested if it works
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Works for what? As food? Yes. As anything else? Probably not,

Acai is a berry that is a great source of antioxidants (like many berries), but it's not a miracle cure for anything.

All of the health "claims" are pure marketting, there's no evidence that they do anything more than other high antioxidant berries do. They don't cause weight loss or cure cancer, they just taste good and are healthy fruit. And if you eat too many (or too much juice) any weight loss it causes will be from diarrhea.

When I drink juice, I do tend to choose berry blends, and acai is one of my favorites (though trying to find it at a reasonable price is a whole 'nother ball off wax).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #3  
Amazing will be me

As in acai berry capsules...............they claim to supress the appetite?
Old 12-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Sorry, I meant it jokingly. As a food acai is great, but as anything else - the claims far overshoot the research results (and most of the claims are based on no research at all).

There've been quite a few threads here about the acai claims and people's experience with them. If you search under acai, you'll find them. Judge for yourself. Nothing in those threads convinced me that acai is any different than all of the other hyped high antioxidant fruits (pomegranate, noni, mangosteen...), that have been marketed as diet aids (either suppressing appetite or supposedly revving your metabolism so you can eat more and still lose weight).

Be very careful of acai products sold by mail, online, or tv. Some of these are scams. They charge your credit card, promising a "free trial" but even after you cancel, they continue to bill you month after month and claim they have "no record" of you cancelling (meanwhile they keep billing you and sending you product).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #5  
Amazing will be me

Yeah i heard about those scams thats bad. Thanks i will have a look for those threads xxx