Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 11-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #1  
small plates small bites

S/C/G: 187/135.9/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Polenta

Is anyone as obsessed as I am? So versatile! So delicious! I am a vegetarian, and as a result polenta has become the foundation of many meals. I've made creamy polenta with chickenstock instead of dairy. Mixed in mushrooms, jalepenos, whole corn kernels.
The next day, when the leftovers have solidified, I've fried them in slices in a nonstick skillet for breakfast. Topped with a little low fat sour cream or ricotta cheese...divine!
Anyone else love the stuff and have any fun recipes?
TapasLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Hmm, I have a tube of polenta in my cupboard for months now. Thanks for the idea--I'm going to crumble it in my crockpot with some leftover turkey, chicken broth, spices, corn, green chilies, onions and maybe some rotel....We'll see how it goes!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #3  
small plates small bites

S/C/G: 187/135.9/135

Height: 5'6"

sounds delicious-- you really can't go wrong with the stuff. Liquid low-calorie cornbread, in many ways. Yum! Let me know how it goes. I have yet to combine it in casseroles/ slow cooker recipes...but that may well be my next step. About to warm some up with jalepeno and sweet-corn kernels on top. Add a little salsa and sour cream... presto!
TapasLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

It was very good--I just read you're a vegetarian, so I'm sorry mine had turkey. I also added some diced veggies from yesterday's veggie tray.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote