Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 11-22-2010, 10:35 PM   #1  

Default Japan Lingzhi

Hi I am new to this forum. I will start by saying I used to weight 120 lbs, down from 186. I had lost the weight taking Brazillian Diet pills which of course do not exist any more. I gained back nearly all of the weight, I am pushing 160. No matter what I do I am not losing so I am now interested in perhaps finding a weight loss pill that works. I am on another forum and they mentioned this Lingzhi thing that is a japanese supplement, I don't know if anyone has heard of it? I am currently taking LipoQuick and it isn't working not even remotely. My problem is just...I hit 40 and it seems like all the weight is going to different spots, my arms and upper body whereas before I used to just have thunder thighs. I work out about 3 times a week and I walk a lot, plus I'm a vegetarian and eat healthy but no weight is falling off. I am curious if anyone has found a pill that actually works?
GinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi, welcome to 3FC

Unfortunately that is the problem with diet pills, they do not really help with weight loss. They are generally stimulants which lose their effectiveness, and often contain laxatives or diuretics which mimic weight loss but do not affect fat loss. Your best bet is to watch portion sizes (or count calories or some other method of portion control) and increase your activity levels. That's the only thing that has been proven to cause weight loss and will also keep it off as long as you continue to practice these methods.

I think it's great that you are a vegetarian! But even vegetarians gain weight unfortunately We have a vegetarian diet forum that might interest you here

Regarding the Japan Lingzhi, I found a list of ingredients but can't find anything to prove that they work or even what they do. They are rather mysterious. There is no record of clinical testing to show they are safe or effective. They contain laxatives, so after some time spent in the loo you might think you lost weight but not the right kind of weight I'd personally avoid them. I also found one review where a woman was made ill by them.

The main problem with products like this is that they are not regulated by the FDA so they can contain almost anything and make almost any claims and get away with it. The actual ingredients of the product may not even match what is on the label. In independent testing, many supplements contain zero amount of what the label states, or many times more than what is stated and could be dangerous. These products, particularly those from Asia, often contain dangerous contaminants such as lead or arsenic or pesticides.

Buyer beware!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote