Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #76  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Hello!! I have a question for you all about the salt in our diet. I have been on IP since Sept 20th eating strictly phase I with few restricted veges and no restricted packets. I have been feeling really good. I drink at the least 110 oz of water per day. I add my salt and oil when I am cooking or on salads. I have been feeling lately like I am retaining water which seems so odd to me considering all the drinking and peeing I am doing! By the way, I am not used to using so much salt in my diet. My immediate family suffer with heart disease etc so I have always watched my salt intake. I have low blood pressure typically. But there is some nagging feeling I am having about the retaining of water and I wonder what effect it would have if I cut back on the required amount of salt. Anyone know?
Old 10-18-2010, 01:18 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Hello!! I have a question for you all about the salt in our diet. I have been on IP since Sept 20th eating strictly phase I with few restricted veges and no restricted packets. I have been feeling really good. I drink at the least 110 oz of water per day. I add my salt and oil when I am cooking or on salads. I have been feeling lately like I am retaining water which seems so odd to me considering all the drinking and peeing I am doing! By the way, I am not used to using so much salt in my diet. My immediate family suffer with heart disease etc so I have always watched my salt intake. I have low blood pressure typically. But there is some nagging feeling I am having about the retaining of water and I wonder what effect it would have if I cut back on the required amount of salt. Anyone know?
I had the same thing happen to me about the same time you are. I blamed it on my changing hormones. i just kept drinking water and did add taking a novi-lax that I got from IP every night. It got better the next week. I was the same as you, I drank then and still do at least 120 oz a day and sometimes more. I had loose stools and sometimes that can make you dehydrated and you wouldn't think of it when you are drinking so much water. Mine got better, I hope yours does too. I was retaining so much my wedding rings were cut off your circulation tight. Not fun! Good luck.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:36 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
Good evening everyone,

This is my first day on IP. Let me start off by saying that you all are wonderfully supportive to each other and I really like that! I have read a lot of older posts and have copied some recipes for the future.

Congratulations to everyone’s weight loss success!

My biggest hurdle is going to be eating 4 cups of vegetables a day! I hope it doesn’t take me long to get used to that.

When do most of you have your snack?

I look forward to posting on this section of 3fatchicks and getting to “know” you all better.
Welcome! It will be great to get to know you too! This is a fabulous forum to gain knowledge (=power) and inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptswife View Post
That happened to me too!LOL I couldn't even choke them down...man that was a waste! Haven't bought any of those pancakes since.

I had a great NSV today...still in shock! My younger sis has a bunch of size 10's that are too big for her (did I mention she's skinny these were post baby jeans for her!!), and all of the 10's I tried on fit wonderful! No sucking in to button or zip, no muffin tops or anything!WOOT! I was in a SKIN TIGHT 16 (should have been in 18;s) mid-August, and never imagined sticking to this diet, and actually getting thin again in this lifetime, but I was SO wrong! I feel like crying I'm so happy and shocked! She also has a lot of 8's and 6's waiting for me too! Oh, and she buys nice nice jeans that I wouldn't so it's even better! Sisters are the best!
You must have felt so great wearing those jeans! It is so amazing that such transformations can happen so quickly with this program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Hi ladies,

I'm just dropping in to say hello to everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend full of losses and NSVs. I've been busy celebrating my birthday with friends and family this weekend. I feel very blessed. Everyone made me feel great about my weight loss progress. I officially weigh less at 34 than I did on my 30th birthday. (Yay, small victory for me). I've had a great weekend and ready to tackle the week (after some much needed sleep).

I look forward to returning to my daily stalking and participation on the forum. You ladies are great. I've missed keeping up with the posts over the weekend.
Congratulations on not getting older, but better (and lighter!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post

I used to joke that I would do one of my monthly rituals, buy vegetables. Then 3-4 weeks later, another monthly ritual -- cleaning the slime out of my fridge. I totally hear you on the veggies!

Planning, buying, and eating the veggies is a big adjustment. After all, if we ate that much before this diet, it's likely we wouldn't be on site with "fatchicks" in its name. You don't have to eat the 2 cups of veggies in one sitting with the protein. If you need to have some of the veggies between meals, try that. It can help with between meal hunger and/or cravings.
This made me !! In our family I always had best intentions to make salad every night. But the slimy science experiments still happened in the bottom of the veggie crisper on a regular basis. Now we're trying to get used to buying enough veggies so we don't run out! It seems every time I open the fridge we're out of lettuce or radishes or broccoli....you get the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Sally, this is really funny because we started the same day and I had the same problem last week. Mind you, I have inherited my mom's gift of water retention and swelling ankles. At last Tuesday's WI I was only down .6 lbs and we figured it had to be water retention even though I'd been drinking what I thought was enough water. But I hadn't been peeing as much as I was the first 2 weeks for some reason. After reading a few posts here, I upped my water from about 95 oz to over 120 and this week has been much better for me. We'll see on Tuesday.

Well, it's nite nite time for me. Another packed work week coming up. 'See' you all tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #79  

Default It's Monday - new day, new thread!

The new daily thread is open. This thread will close sometime later today.

We leave this thread open so that you can multi-quote posts from this thread and reply to them in the new thread.

Where do I post? Join us in Monday's chat thread.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-18-2010 at 07:25 AM. Reason: provide link
Closed Thread