Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Wanting to say Thanks

I wanted to post a post to say Thank You to everyone that participates in this forum.

I've been struggling a little bit with getting started. Not for lack of motivation, more for lack of a good eating plan that is going to work. Just like I've been fooling myself for the past couple years as I gained the weight, I'm still fooling myself that the way I am eating will allow me to lose - but so far it isn't.

I've started a couple whiny, woe is me posts regarding my eating, but have never posted them. Instead I come back thru and read more posts from others and find inspiration in the posts and the responses. There are people in here that have successfully lost more than I weigh, and I'm stressing over a range of 20 - 30lbs that I want to lose.

So, a big thankyou to everyone here who is helping to keep me motivated and inspired to make it right. Believe it or not - without even giving me a kick in the rear end - you all really are giving me the tough love I need.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Awww!!! I feel the same way. When I first came here, it was in reading other posts and stories in the goal section that really encouraged me. Now, actually, it's helping people that keeps me honest to myself.

Don't be afraid to post for advice! As I'm sure you've caught on, everyone here is super helpful. We can be blunt sometimes, but only when you need to hear it. "Tough love" as you say. But usually not.
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #3  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Good luck on your weight loss.

It's good that you're not giving up!
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #4  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I'm glad you have been posting. It just so happens that I hit a bumpy spot in my journey right when you started posting. Your posts about getting started again has helped me get back on track.

So thank you.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

Awe... motivated chickie ... I'm all teary eyed. Thanks
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:20 PM   #7  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Whether it is 30 pounds to lose or 300, we all are struggling with the same basic problem of needing to be dedicated to reforming our habits to healthier, sustainable ones that will lower our weight and give us more energy and vitality. Its the core of all that is done here, by the vast majority of people. The specifics vary from person to person, but the emotions you're feeling and the struggles you are having, those are not unique. We're all here to support one another and help each other through the various struggles we encounter along the way, as well as to truly understand and help us celebrate the victories that come along with these changes.

Just do your best in taking it one choice at a time. Work hard, stay the course, and you WILL see results!

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 06-22-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

We are all here for each other. Thank you as well! Good Luck!

Last edited by kendra; 06-22-2010 at 10:40 PM.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote