Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Book recommendations...

I just finished the Beck Diet Solution, and while I honestly didn't find it too helpful, I probably got it way to late in my journey, it was interesting. I found that I'm pretty much practicing most of what she is teaching already. There were a couple parts I disagreed with, but on the whole it was good info for someone in the begining of their journey. I'd like some more books though, particularly ones that focus on mental struggles of eating/food like bingeing, cravings, etc. and would really love some books on maintenance and accepting and living this new lifestyle long term. I know that I will never be able to just eat like a *normal* person and food will always preoccupy my thoughts and I'll always have to be conscience of my decisions about what I eat, how I eat, when I eat. I'm always going to have to plan ahead, and maybe even always count calories. I was just wondering if there are any books out there that anyone found particularly helpful in these areas. Please list what book you recommend and what issue(s) the book focuses on. Thanks!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

i really liked secrets of a former fat girl, it was pretty inspirational and has a lot of useful information. plus, its pretty funny.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

These are very popular books, maybe you have even read them!

Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Then Think

The End of Overeating

I read the first one, it was interesting to read about all the studies they did and how people would eat more or use more based on the side on the container, plate, whatever.

I have the second one, haven't read it yet. Our doctor recommend it to my boyfriend.

Last edited by sotypical; 05-20-2010 at 03:48 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I'm in the middle of The End of Overeating.

Interesting, but it's making me spend too much time thinking about unhealthy foods!! lol!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote