South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #1  
Stronger then ever

S/C/G: 160/125

Height: 5'4

Default New and ready to go help with southbeach diet please!!!

hello to everyone i wanted to say hi my name is Monica and i am new here i need to lose weight and so far it has been hard i want to know if anyone can help me with some ideas and stories to help me with this battle i cannot do phase 1 so i went right to phase 2 i have been working out 6 times a week to tae bo billy banks dvd's the amped edition. I love it phase 1 has me feeling like a zombie tired no energy and moody that is why i went to phase 2 i am also counting calories. What is a good bread to eat?? and any pointers for me i would be super happy to hear them all. Oh i also drink about a gallon of water a day maybe more i know that should help. Any ideas? meal plans?
MoEstrada23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:45 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Welcome Monica!
It's great to have you here. Be sure to join us in the daily chat.
I get lots of motivation and great meal ideas by reading posts in the weekly "on plan" thread, too.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Monica! We're glad that you're joining us here.

Here's a thread that's stickied in our FAQ regarding breads, and you'll want to check out some of the other threads in our FAQs, too. And don't forget to check out our great recipes.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...se-breads.html
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Nice to meet you Monica!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Monica and

One of the most helpful things when I got here was to go through both the old threads and the recipe section.

For me, when I came to the point of understanding that SBD was not a "fad" diet that would miraculously take the pounds off and keep them off even after I returned to my old habits, losing weight became much easier. I now understand that if I adopt new eating habits and exercise regularly that I will lose weight. I have let go of the idea that the results will be instantaneous.

I would suggest monitoring your "cravings". Phase 1 is very specifically designed to provide a rapid detox from sugar and bad carbs, and many people feel exactly how you felt-no energy and moody. Those feelings go away during a clean P1 and most report feeling super energized after detoxing. If you have cravings for sugars and white flour products, you might want to consider revisiting your decision.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to SB Monica! I see you're new to 3 Fat Chicks too! There's so much help and information here. I have found it invaluable!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote