Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default A shout out to AWOL WLS people!

Sure would like to know how things are going for:

MerryTerry
FloridaGirld
Carvinmom
MistyMed
SpookyXXL
JigglyWiggly

and many more that I just can't remember right now (I'm old remember!).

Please let us hear from you and let us know how you are doing.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Nan Sorry I've been More awol than I used to be Works been nutso and it's hard to keep up. . .I will do better!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Kiers, I know you are around because I run across you every once in a while on the SB thread. I made your little meat loaves the other day and was hoping the weather was treating you and your fibro well.

I know you said work was crazy. I got my hours cut by the State of Ohio, and so many of my friends and family are out of work. My DD's elderly aunt and uncle just lost their house, because of his medical bills. It is enough to make me want to eat a twinkle!!!!! LOL!!!!

I tore a ligament in my foot at "Bounce City" jumping with my grandchildren!! I'm so grateful that I'm thinner, because hobbling around in a walking cast and being morbidly obese is the pits!!

I don't get on here as much as I should, but know there are a lot of newbies and am excited for their better and healthier prospects for life.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #4  

Hey Y'all
I'm one of the newbies - getting ready for surgery in 5 days. I'm going to need all of your wisdom!!
Kim
kkirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 395/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm a newbie, too! I would love to be able to jump in a bouncy with my kids!!! Something new to add to the list of things I'm gonna do!!!
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Kim: Which of the wls are you doing?

nanj: I had my operation four months ago after 2 hectic last-minute cancellations. I was doing it in my country's government hospital which ensures two pros 1. done for free, 2. you're not discharged unless you start eating mushed food because doctors want to know how your stomach reacts to liquids, so I stayed there for 2 weeks. Yet it has 1 con. since operations are done for free they can get cancelled on the last moment because of a more serious case. On the day I was getting my operation I told my mum "Mum you are not telling anyone I m getting an operation until I am out of the surgery room."

So it has been 4 months ever since.... I don't know about other sleeve gastrectomy- patients but I can't eat spaghetti anymore and anything with minced meat. But I love it.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote