Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/295/180

Height: 5'4"

Default So sad!!!

Please excuse my self indulgent rant but I'm really upset!
I just discovered that I'm allergic to postachios!

I was at the store and I saw a display for postachios. I LOVE POSTACHIOS but I haven't had them in a couple of years. I figured that it would make a great low-fat snack that I could munch on. I got home and ate a few and they taisted SO GOOD...but a few minutes later I started feeling pins & needles in my throat like it had fallen asleep and my tongue and glands started to swell. NOT GOOD!! I took a benadryl and I feel better but I am SO sad that I can't eat my postachios.
MandiAltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #2  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Bummer! Better be careful with cashews and mangoes, too. Same botanical family as pistachios.

be strong //
K
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

damn pistachios are in the cashew family? I am allergic to cashews & mangoes (and highly highly allergic to poison ivy and oak which are also in that family) I've never reacted to pistachios, but never eaten very many at a time.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/295/180

Height: 5'4"

Really??? When I was a teen I was allergic to apples, pears, peaches, cherries...every kind of fruit except for citrus, grapes, strawberries and melons...and bananas, I just don't like them. When I was little I had a reaction to the red dye that is sometimes put on pistatchios, but these didn't have that.
I'm bummed...I gave them to my DH this moring to give to his mother...she'll eat them.
MandiAltman is offline   Reply With Quote