Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 05:22 AM   #1  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Question Secret Santa

Hiya everyone

Now I know we dont really want to think about Christmas so early in the year rofl ... BUT .. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a secret santa this Xmas??

The idea is that ppl put in their names to an organiser (I dont mind doing this .. have done it on other sites for the last 3 years) who makes up a Santa list ... then each of those with their names down on the list get given the address of the person they are to send a secret gift to for Xmas ... would arrive and have to be put aside until everyone has theirs and we all get online at about the same time (maybe with 2 diff opening times to accommodate the different time zones) to open the gift and tell what it is.

When signing up each person sends in the address for their gift to be sent to (some ppl may be away from home a week or 2 before Xmas perhaps?), what sort of things you like (fave colours, scents, if youre allergic to anything, anything you collect etc), things you definitely would rather not have .. and whether you would be ok to send overseas or would prefer within your own country.

The other ones I have done always had a limit for the cost of the gift (excluding the postage) .. which was about $15US - some would go over ... but its really the thought that counts .. even home made things go over really well

Anyway ... if you like the idea .. let me know ... would be happy as to set it up and get it all sorted out for everyone (I love lists etc rofl).

Huggies and OP day all!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:35 AM   #2  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

That sounds like fun! All these Christmas-y tickers have been putting me in the mood anyway. Count me in.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #3  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

I was thinking of offering to do this myself, but seeing as you have done it before, I will leave it up to you. I have participated in this sort of thing a few times on a teacher board I visit and it has always been wonderful to share things with people around the world. I do worry that it costs a LOT to post something over to here, and often costs a lot more than the actual gift, so I am sometimes hesitant to put my name in. I would suggest that someone sends to me using surface mail, but that can sometimes take a few months, so we may be a little short of time this time.

Anyway, if anyone doesn't mind posting to me, then I would love to be involved. I LOVE searching for Aussie things to send to people around the world.

Thank you for offering to do this Katt.

Zelma
Old 09-05-2006, 08:59 AM   #4  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Sounds like fun- I'm in!
Old 09-05-2006, 09:18 AM   #5  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

me too
Brenda
Old 09-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #6  
Opulent

I'm in! I've done this on several boards before and I really love gifting others (and getting suprises too).
Old 09-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #7  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

I Love Christmas!!! Pick Me!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 328/?/140

Height: 5'3"

sounds fun to me count me in
Old 09-05-2006, 03:07 PM   #9  
Fat Chick On A Mission :)

S/C/G: 434.2/347.8/199

I love Christmas I'm in!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

im definately in!!
Old 09-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #11  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

What a fun idea! I want to participate. Thanks, Katt!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Red face

Hello ladies!

We have tried something like the Secret Santa ages ago but there were too many members disappointed because other members didn't hold up their end, so we decided not to allow it. I hate to put a damper on your plans.

On another/the same note, the 300+ area has done a Christmas/Holiday Card exchange for the past 3-4 years and we'll be doing it again this year. I wasn't planning on starting the list this early. I'll post a signup notice for that sometime in October.

I am closing this thread, but if you have any comments you can PM them to me.
Closed Thread