Old 09-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#994

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #2  

Patti - lol about the posty you sent me, honestly, the London Eye might be high, but it's a fabulous experience. Couldn't convince Daren of that though

Thanks for missing me and the welcome back. I am glad you liked the photos, I will send you a link to see loads more

Missy - have a wonderful time with your sister, hope you manage to stay OP while you are away from home.

Misti - it only seems like yesterday when you hit 50 lbs lost. on hitting 60 lbs lost. That's brilliant!

Michelle - dieting is really brilliant, not only because it helps us lose weight, feel great and look great. But as you found out, it's amazing just how much sodium and other bad stuff is in the food that we eat. When we are ready to maintain our weight we are going to carry on eating healthily because we are more aware!!

Xena - I am so pleased that you are back on track. I have every faith in you that you will reach your birthday milestone and will get that magnet!! Am going to PM you right now

Ok take care all, I have to go PM and then email friends, I am SO behind, it's crazy Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #3  

Ammi i will look forward to seeing more pictures!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #4  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Nancy - Congrats on losing some inches. As for how to measure, I have always heard you want the tape measure to be snug against your body to get an accurate measurement. Speaking of measurements, I should go take mine too.

Patti - Thanks for your kind words. Sometimes it's easy to think you are the only one struggling. I'll make you a deal....if you get back on track, so will I.

Vilandra - I don't think I've officially "met" you, but I have read many of your posts while I was lurking. You sound very determined and have been doing well. It's nice to have you on the board. Have fun with your family!

mechell - I just wanted to pipe in and say you live in a fascinating place! When you talk of the northern lights, it reminds me of the movie I watched recently called "8 Below". It actually takes place in Antarctica rather than up north where you are, but they show the northern (or would it be southern???) lights there too. Its based on a true story about some sled dogs that had to be left behind through the winter when a big storm came through. I am such a sucker for animals that I bawled through the whole thing....even the happy parts! As for you started to become more aware of what's in food, I know what you mean. I was shopping today and thought about buying some V8 juice to help me get my veggies in. The sodium was 880mg/serving!!!! They had the low sodium kind too but I decided it probably wouldn't taste very good so I just skipped it altogether. For now I'll stick with my carrots, celery, and cucumber slices.

Jeana - Thanks for your kind words. And it's nice to meet you.

Misti - Just wanted to add my to you on hitting the 60 pound mark. Way to go!

Ammi - I am glad you enjoyed your London trip. Your pictures look great and remind me of when I got to spend 2 days there at the end of a 2 week trip throughout Europe I took 2 years ago. Trip of a lifetime! I still regret not having more time in London though. I loved it. We stayed in a hotel that was right across the street from Hyde Park. Can't remember the name of it but it was great. I hope to make it back to London someday. Anyway, glad you had fun and that you made it home safely.
Xena2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Brenda, Glad you liked the wedding dress pic, it does help me to see what my wedding dress currently looks like.

Misti, Congratulations, -60 lbs is awesome.

Ammi, welcome back.

Hi all,
Today is a lazy saturday with rain and 3 day weekend. I did a little shopping today including picking up some extra weights for my home workouts. I feel a bit tired today, even took a nap (I never take naps). I'm hoping to get one hike in on Monday and tomorrow will be visiting (bf's) family.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #6  

Nelie - oh yes I forgot to mention that I saw your photos in your wedding dress. What a gorgeous dress, and you look lovely in it. I am a firm believer that it doesn't matter what size a bride is she will always look like a princess in her wedding dress

Thanks for the welcome back, I missed you all, and am happy to be back again!

Xena - I am glad you got to see London and I hope you get to see it again one day soon. Which of the tourist places did you see during your short stay? I have been to London 3 times, but this is the first time I have been to Hyde Park. The attraction for me was going to Diana's memorial, but I have to say it's a gorgeous park that I wished I had more time to see.

Patti - am on my way now to send you the link to the photos. Be prepared to look at plenty, I think there are 68

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-02-2006, 06:13 PM   #7  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Xena~ I will happily tell you that I think you are absolutely right about the low-sodium V8. I wasn't impressed in the least over it. It actually tasted like VEGGIES!

Ammi~ Great to hear that you had a great trip.

Had a pretty good day today OP. Great water intake too. Walked to the supermarket for some fruits and veggies since the stores arent open here on Sundays and Monday is Labor Day here too so it will be closed again. I am thinking I should walk there every day to pick up the groceries. Maybe it would also save me money as I have to carry it home *L* Got some prepackaged salads, bananas, sliced red/green/orange peppers and some blueberries. I am addicted to blueberries!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness they are good for you and low cal! Then I detoured to the magazine shop and bought the new weight watchers mag and a new scrapbook one. So i think I am going to bum around now and shower and curl up with a movie and magazine. Tomorrow I am going to start painting my front and back porches as well as the hallway joining the two. I can't wait I am one of those people who enjoy painting! *L*

Have a great night all!
Brenda
going to lose 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #8  

Xena Its A Done Deal!we Owe It To Ourselves We Have Come This Far!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 269+/266.2/190

Height: 5ft 2inches

Just logging in to try a few personals...

Patti and Xena- I am also starting out agian. The range of emotion like frustration, hope and fear of failure are rolling over me these days. Good luck on your new start I look forward to reading about you journey.

Ammi- good to have you back! Sounds like a fun filled trip. How are you adjusting to being back home and on program?

Misti- 60 POUNDS down is awsome! You are doing great!

Mechelle- I have also started to moniter my soduim intake also it is amazing how much is in prepared foods. I have been using more herbs and tasting more as i cut out the salt.

Brenda- How do you eat your blue berries? just plain? Do you sweeten them? How do you know that they are a good or fresh?
Ayanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody! Hope you are enjoying your Saturday!!

Ammi glad you had a good time in London... love the pix! I am so glad when everyone posts pictures... I always go take a look even when I don't come back here and say so! LOL I can't believe you said it doesn't seem like long since I lost 50 pounds... to ME this last 10 pounds seemed to take forever. But I am glad they are gone!! Only four more pounds and I am halfway... yay it is all downhill from there!

Michelle I am so proud of you for your starting to realize and be aware of what you are eating! That is so important and to start wanting things that are good for us!!

I had a neat NSV today. I was in the plus size shop as I needed to spend the $26 gift card I have. I was thinking that even if I "undergrow" the store I could always buy bras... but I realized that the band size I need now is the SMALLEST they sell! LOL I never noticed that before since I never looked for one this small. So I bought a bra to have for when I can wear it soon. The cup size is still too small... I have to buy a 44 and sew up the sides still... but SOON!!! LOL

But here is the NSV. I was talking to a clerk and asking about how the sizes ran. I commented that the Maggie Barnes seemed to run smaller, and she said they are usually pretty true to size but I could have gotten something mis-sized or something. I mentioned that I had a MB blouse that I got off the clearance rack that is a 1X and still a bit too small for me, though most of the 1X blouses are getting a big big on me. She said... "Well... if the 1X are getting big on you... you are almost out of here!" Of course that is true and I realize it... but it was SO neat to have someone in the store say that.

Tee hee you know... it is funny... I felt like she must think I am a liar to say I can fit into a 1X blouse... like yah right! Only it is TRUE LOL. It has not been that long ago that I was wearing the 4X!!!

But the bra thing is my HUGE victory, as believe me I have a set of boobs on me you wouldn't believe... but to actually realize they really are going down is my HUGE victory!!!

Wishing you all a great weekend, and KEEP GOING! To those just starting out I want to say Hang in There! Just stay OP and keep coming here for support. You will be amazed at how quickly it will be YOUR ticker that is jumping over there to the right!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:29 AM   #11  

Ammi~Yes I am glad to be more aware of what I am eating. I just hope I can stay aware and keep focused! lol Looks like you had fun in London. I went there in 98 with a group from school. I really liked London. I hope to go back one day!

Xena~Yes living at the top of the world is for sure an experience. The northern lights up here are really pretty. This winter if I can get some pics of it I will. I remember in Febuary walking out of my front porch and just straight out of the sky was a huge burst of neon green and other colors. It actually looked almost fake at first. Very cool! But sorta hard to watch when its -50 outside! lol I haven't seen 8 below yet. Sounds like a cute movie I may go rent it. Also yes the sodium amount is crazy in some of those drinks. I was shocked at how much sodium was in 8 pretzles! It was like 160mg and I can eat wayyyyy more than 8 pretzels at a time!

Ayanna~Herbs sound like a good replacement. I will look into that. Thanks!

Misti~Thanks...I feel more in control when I educate myself on what I am actually putting in my body. It really does make me think twice before eating those things again! And that is so awesome on all of your success. I can't wait to be in a 1X.

So like I have been saying I feel better and more educated on my new lifestyle. I actually am shocked I find this so interesting. My whole life I just used to do such mindless eating. I never cared to think about calories...much less sodium and other bad things in the food I was eating. I did some research on how much sodium I am suppose to consume a day. Its like 2400 for a healthy person. I know I was consuming at least 5000 plus a day. But I for sure didn't expect to gain confidence or feel like I had control over learning about food. I guess for so long I let food control me. It feels nice!
Now if I can just make exercise a habit! I am working on it!

Hope you all have a good day!

Michelle
mechell81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:10 AM   #12  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Just a quick note ... it was Fathers Day here today (Sunday) and we went out to my dads at the beach .. he made a lovely Roast Dinner (Pork) for lunch .. but I was very good ... only had a LITTLE bit of gravy, and only had the lean slices of pork .. had LOTS of veges tho, drank water, and didnt have any dessert Yesterday I wish I had behaved a little better rofl ...

We (my hunny and I) were out and about all day, we went to our old shop to see what it was like with the new owner (eeek), then went and saw my best bud (like my sister), then we came back to our town and went for a test drive in a car we are thinking of getting later this year .... the naughty bit was the stop at Subway ... it was about 2pm and I hadnt eaten since breakfast at 7.30, so was rather hungry, and I got TWO 6" rolls!! I couldnt finish more than 2/3 of the 2nd one tho (thanks hunny rofl), and then last night I had a hot chocolate ... this morning when I got on the scales I had gone up 2lbs!!! EEEEK!!

Sooo ... not only did I do my Turbo Jam on a Sunday morning (which I usually do NO exercise lol) but yesterday I got a DVD in the post from the lovely Sharon (HIIII) in the UK ... so I did another 15 min of disco with Richard Simmons .. by then I was exhausted .. I had actually skipped a few of the songs and ended up killing myself on the song that did all crunchs .. OUCH!!! HELLO ABS!! Then the cool down ... so my total exercise was 40 minutes!! Now I am gonna try and do that every morning .. feed the lambs, come in and do my exercises so that I have them out of the way .. Im not gonna change my ticker cos my weigh in day isnt actually until Friday so I should be down by then

Anyway .... a couple of personals ..

AMMI - Great to see you back .. sounds like you had a fantastic time in London .. when I get a min I will have a good look at your pics for sure Im sure with all your walking (and I remember doing a heap in London myself lol), that those extra treats shouldnt hit you too hard .. did you manage to get a Perky Nana???

MISTI - Great job .. and oh boy I now have hope that the boon shrinkage will happen to me too!! rofl Wow 60lbs .... that is like 60 blocks of butter!! 30 blocks of cheese!! I know I shouldnt compare weight loss to food lol .. but when you go to the supermarket I find it great to see my weight loss there in front of me ... esp with the butter cos I know that is a fat product and I have lost that many blocks of it .. really shocking to see it all there in front of you sometimes tho lol. Keep up the great work!!

To everyone else .. you are all stars!! Great work on the losses ... and the NSVs ... oops on the derailments, but keep getting back on the weight loss bus cos its a long journey which you cant make unless youre on board ... and like any bus journey they do have to stop the bus occasionally for refills ... so getting off is understandable I suppose lol ...

Huggies all!!

Katt
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:15 AM   #13  

Hello All,

You know one of the things I hate about coming back from being away?? Getting all the washing done It's worse too when the weather is horrid and you have to dry everything indoors. Oh well I am 2/3rds through it all now. It actually looks like the weather is clearing, so who knows, I might be able to dry the last lot outside

Brenda - who's a naughty girl then, lol, I went to look at your blog last night, thought sure you would have posted something in the time I was there. And what did I see...........no change I will let you off though because I know how busy you are

You made a good suggestion to yourself about walking daily to the shop instead of buying in a load of stuff. I have a friend who used to do that. Not for her weight, because lucky her, she was slim, but they didn't have a car, and her and the kids loved to walk, so she would make her daily trek to the shops. A while back they did end up getting a car, and since then she has gained 28 lbs!!! It just goes to show that those daily walks although short made all the difference.

Patti - glad to see you made a deal with Xena, I am sure you will both get back on track 100% and see those lbs moving again

Ayanna - I don't think I have welcomed you yet, and if I have, well again Good for you for taking control and deciding to lose the weight. I hear you about all the emotions you are feeling lately, let's hope exuberance will be added to that list as you see those numbers on the scale go down

As for being back home and OP again, it couldn't come fast enough for me. I loved London, and everywhere I went I was reminded how much healthier and smaller I am than when I started this diet. I could fit comfortably on seats on the train, or at a show. I could get through turn styles easier, and best of all my feet didn't hurt like they would have in the past. It was brilliant. Every time I did eat something 'naughty' I couldn't help but dread that I was gaining weight with each mouthful. Of course it didn't stop me eating it. Still it's good to be home and in proper control of my food intake. Yesterday I even managed to bank 4 points! I just have to get back to exercising now, but will start that in the morning. One more day off won't hurt

Misti - it's funny but as I re read what I wrote about it seeming like just yesterday that you were at 50 lbs lost, I also remembered how the FFM had done a disappearing act there for a while. So I do realise that to you it does seem that those last 10 lbs took an awfully long time to come off. Let's hope those last 4 lbs taking you to half way to your ultimate goal will fly off!! I am 1.5 lbs away from being half way myself. Though I am thinking that when I get to my ultimate goal I will want to go even further down. I will have to wait and see

Fabulous NSV with the bra size too I bet you will be more than happy to never have to shop in that store again

Glad you went to see the photos I posted. I have so many more, I might put some more links on the pic page later. Actually I will, but they will be pics that I had taken at the attractions and had to pay for, well chose to pay for. I will scan them later on I think. If I remember how to use the scanner lol, having a digital camera has spoiled me

Michelle - how long were you in London for? When I was there this time I couldn't believe the amount of American/Canadian tourists I ran into. Aussies have always been fans of London and I know I will always find lots of them in London, but this time there was definitely an influx of the US/Canadian ones. All of us want to go there, and all of you want to come here, I guess it's the huge difference in life style that attracts us to each other's home. If I had a lot more money I wouldn't have gone to London, I would have gone to Vegas

Isn't it amazing how much we learn about what we eat when we diet? I, like you, am shocked about what I used to eat before, and what my family did too. So although I am the only one dieting to lose weight, we are all eating a much healthier diet now

Katt - NO I didn't get a Perky Nanna. I was so dissapointed with the shop. We searched for it, found it, and there were NO Violet Crumbles, NO Rocky Roads, NO Perky Nanna's. I asked them why not, and just my luck, that particular shop was closing the next day and they were re-opening in a more prominent part of Covent Garden. So they were pretty much out of everything. I know I could have ordered it all online, but it was just the silly thrill of actually being able to buy the things over the counter like I used to back home that I wanted! But not to worry I did find a few treats that I had missed from home, Cadbury's Snack Bar, Mint Patties, and a Cherry Ripe, oh and a Pollywaffle Daren had some American Twinkies, and so did Caleigh I even bought a can of American Mountain Dew because so many people have mentioned it and I wanted to taste it. It was nice. It all cost a bomb though, about $40 for just those few things!! Still it was worth it. Now I will be a good girl and have no more chocolate Aussie or otherwise until Christmas

I am glad you had a nice Father's Day with your dad, and that you did so well with making good food choices. I bet you felt much happier after being good than you did when you were a little naughty the day before at Subway. Which one did you have that was so bad? I love the Club Subway, they are only 5.5 points each, so two of those wouldn't have been as bad as say a Meatball Marinara one like Daren loves!

Glad to hear that the DVD Sharon sent you arrived safely and that you enjoyed it. I bought it and recommended it to Sharon, but as you know, she didn't like it. I think it's fun, but when I tried to do it it was way too much for me to cope with. I might give it another go now that I am lighter. I will let you know how I get on with it.

I had a look at your pics of your lovely lambs, and all I can say is awwwwwww. They are adorable

OK well still trying to catch up on my emails, inbetween all my washing that is, so I better go. See you all later,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-03-2006, 08:27 AM   #14  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hey there everyone! Happy Sunday!

I think I am finally back to being OP. I was pretty excited this am when I jumped on the scale and was down another 2lbs. Shows me what I am actually capable of when I put my mind to it.

Ammi~ yeah I know!!! I was going to do it yesterday but went to the city shopping and never found the time last night. Thanks for keeping me accountable though! I promise I will work on it this afternoon after my walk!

Ayanna~ I could sit and eat a whole quart just plain. I keep a bowl in the fridge so everytme I want a snack or open the fridge from habit, I can grab 3-4 blueberries, close the door and I am OK for a bit. I love them on pancakes and waffles and in my special K. I never sweeten them as I don't find a need.

Misti~ Yeah on the NSV!!!! I absolutely HATE bras and wish that they could come up with a better solution esp for us bigger chicks. I don't like wearing anything that isnt a pushup cause I like to pretend that they are perky and still hang where they are supposed to *L* and I HATE underwires!!

OK.... off with poochy for my daily walk. I think I will take my camera as I want to go down to the harbour for a jaunt.

Talk soon!
Brenda
going to lose 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:55 AM   #15  

Brenda - that's brilliant news about the 2 lbs gone You are so right when you say look at what you can do when you put your mind to it. You have come so far just by doing that, and I know you can go all the way to your goal

Looking forward to seeing your updated blog

Hugs,

Ammi