Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 04:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#914

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 05-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #2  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey everyone! It was one heck of a weekend!!! HOLY COW! All I can say is I’m glad it’s done! I spent the weekend with a friend of mine and we worked on our portfolios for our Reading Literacy class. Let me put it this way, we thought it was going to take a few hours….. WRONG….. We started at 12 noon on Saturday and we worked til about 4:30 a.m. and we only got half of it done. Then Sunday, we started working on it after church services around 4pm and we worked on it until about 1:30 a.m. I never ever EVER wanna see that thing again!! EESSH! Then at 1:30 I had to work on my paper for my Cultures course and then a power presentation for my English Language Learners course…. I’m wiped out! My friend and I hit Walmart to buy supplies for the portfolio, and ended up coming home with soda and junk food. I got diet dr. pepper but that’s not an excuse especially when I came home with a box of nutty buddy bars…. Woooo! I weighed in this morning instead of Sunday morning… I currently weigh ….*dramatic music* 346lbs!!!!!!!!!!! I’m under the 350 mark and it’s going to stay there!!! *dancing*

James got the home gym set up… I’ll get a picture of it as soon as we clean up the garage it’s a pig sty! We laid carpet down on the side where the gym is, so we had to move all our cabinets and storage bins. Plus, we picked up my fathers treadmill… he is letting me borrow it until they figure out what they are going to do with it. They had it packed in storage because they were going to sell their house, but they changed their mind. So now I got it, and I just gotta get some space set up for it in the garage and then I’m good to go! Wooohooo…

They did an informal weigh in for my works’ “Kick Start Diet” Club. So far I’ve lost the most weight but I dunno if anyone has reached their 10% goal or not. (Since 10% for me is 36lbs and 10% for someone else can be 15lbs). But I’m just glad, it’s going in the right direction… it’s good motivation too wanna kick some butt!

I am hoping I will be able to slow down this week… I am working on very little sleep. I’m going insane, I’m frustrated and a tab bit cranky. Which is why I’m writing to you all during class. I need some non-school stuff to focus on and just be “normal” even if just for a little bit.

I’m going to try to catch up on the posts that replied to me at least… I’m starting way back in post 907 and we’re already at 913 possibly 914… so I’m going to try to respond to those who replied to me way back then, and then catch up later. Been hard to keep up with all the word I’ve had to do…

AmmiUK – I think that taking a picture of yourself is a great idea! That’s what I did, cept I did it in clothes I could share with others unless you don’t mind sharing But yes, definitely a good thing. I should take some new ones now that I’m under 350… I wanna see if I’m going to be able to see any differences between my previous pictures where I was at 350 and my new goal once I reach it.

Hopefully I will be able to stay awake in class… although I’m thinking about ditching my last class… *GASP* did I say that out loud???

Take care everyone *evil grin*

Ticker is updated WOOHOO!

Last edited by SueMarie301; 05-22-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

SueMarie - WOOHOO that is fantastic news that you are under 350 I bet you are feeling pretty fantastic now, even if you are worn out

You sure have worked hard over the weekend, no wonder you didn't have time to post here. I bet you are glad it's all over now.

I did get Daren to take photos of me, fully clothed When I have the courage I may just post them over on the photos thread. Maybe when I have another set showing me a lot smaller I might be ok with showing the first lot of photos

Congrats again on getting under 350

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 05-22-2006, 05:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Luan: I live 7 miles away from Coeur d alene. Next time you come up here pm me and I'll meet you for lunch at a good place to eat where everything isn't fried. LOL. I'm glad you enjoyed our city.

Sharon: My vote is go to the Dr. before your pain makes you scream again! Big hugs to you.

Ammi: Waaaaahoooooo I'm so proud of you girl. You are almost under that 3 marker too. I feel it coming! Yea Ammi

Wyllen: Waaaahooo to you too. I am so proud of you for being to 209. I am watching the incredible shrinking Wyllen!

Val: I'm so happy that you are feeling so much better and eating right. You are definately back on track. Good job.

Zelma: Hugs. I think things will turn up all right at school. Some folks just have to have make problems for others to feel good about themselves. It sounds like that other teacher is very low in the self esteem area. I know you will look so lovely in your school pictures. Just be your own beautiful self!

Suemarie: Glad to see you again. I can't wait to see the weight machine you got.

I am still plugging along. I skipped Curves today unless I can go later but I will go tomorrow. I had tons of errands to do today and I'm still not finished. I have emails to write but they will have to wait until later. For the first time since I joined the exercise thread, I can totally see myself making my goal. I have 155 minutes left and 9 days to complete it. Go Annie!

Blessings all,
Dogpal/ Annie
Old 05-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Wyllenn – UGH. I hate shopping in the mall…not only do they NOT have anything I can buy, usually…except at Lake Bryant…but it is so ridiculously expensive. I’ve always said to my mom, that these companies could make a WHOLE lot of money, if they had a line made for plus size women. And I’m not talking about a size 12! Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Ammi on that weigh-in! I knew you would do well! 20 pounds gone! I better get moving, or you’re going to pass me! I definitely don’t reward myself with food…because if I did, I know I would binge. I think when I reach about 250, I may go out for dinner, and watch my carbs, but allow myself a biscuit and some potatoes (my latest craving)…that’s going against what I just said, but oh well…I make sense to ME! Hehe…

Patti – Don’t be too worried about taking a day off…you should allow yourself a day off now and then, if you don’t want to take one every week. I usually go one day during the week without a workout of some sort. (Took the whole month of APRIL off, but we won’t TALK about that! Lol) And if you see a gain, it’s probably just muscle from all that walking!

Val – At least it wasn’t an ENTIRE cake Andrew had pie in his house this weekend….OREO PIE. Oh man, did it look and SMELL good. I had to RESIST IT!
GET YOUR STUDYING DONE!

Hypnotq – Sounds like you’ve got it all planned out! I wish you the best of luck! Great start, too!

Dusty – Good luck getting out of that warm bed this week!

Zelma – OH MY GOSH! I can’t believe this woman is spreading LIES about you! That’s absolutely horrible. Taking something that you have worked so HARD for, and making it look like a BAD thing. HORRIBLE! She sounds like a real piece of work. She’s setting herself up for some really bad karma I’m glad that the principal let you get it all out. At least you have an outlet for that. You ARE wonderful, Zelma, and don’t you EVER doubt that! As for the apples, I’m really not sure about them at ALL. They are big and yummy, and that’s all I care about! Lol…and WOW, that’s an INSANE price for bananas! We get em for about 99 cents a pound. Eeps.
Here’s to a “good hair day!”

Sue - Two for you! One, because you managed to get that awful portfolio done, and the other for the weight loss! WAY TO GO!!!!

Annie - YOU CAN DO IT!!! You've been doing so well, so don't get upset if you don't make it...but I have a feeling you will!

Had a good day today. Came home from Andrew’s house, and me & Mom went for a nice brisk 30 minute walk, into town (we live on the highway, right on the outskirts), and went to the post office to mail some things, just cuz we wanted to get out…hehe…and then this evening, we went and rode bikes down across the other side of town by the creek, and back. A good 60 minutes today. Now, I don’t feel so bad about not doing my dvd today. Back to the routine tomorrow, though. Took the day off from job hunting today, but mailed and e-mailed a couple of resumes out, so I don't feel bad for not going out. Gotta start getting some clothes washed for our trip this weekend, and gotta lug the suitcase out of the attic! I'll be back later, but I hope you all have a very OP rest of your day!
Old 05-22-2006, 05:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Zelma – Wow, craziness at work is never fun! Sounds a bit soap-opera like with all the lying and the accusations!!

Yes, my wallet will not like all the shopping, but I am starting to have a greater selection, even if I’m still in plus sizes…

Ammi – Yes, great attitude is such a big part of this weight loss journey! I am wishing you so so much success!

Annie – Exercise fiend! Go go go!! It’s fun to make those exercise goals! Thanks for noticing my loss -- I promisee when I get to Onederland I'll give a big shout out.

SO, I have a completely off-topic victory to report -- I was awarded tenure at my college this past weekend! AND, my victory celebration did not really take me off plan (though I did have a glass of wine and a bit of creme brulee!)
Old 05-22-2006, 06:30 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

I wish I could say it was party time… but unfortunately that will have to be held off another 3 maybe 4 weeks ‘til after classes and finals are done. Right now I’m in between classes on break. I got an hour so here I am again

AmmiUK – I was the same way with my pictures. I didn’t put my “before” pictures up until after I saw some changes in my “after” pictures. As a matter of fact, the link for them are in my signature. I’m going to have to put in a new updated photo when I reach my second goal. I’m hoping I’ll see a change in those pictures as well… The first picture was when I weighed around 380lbs, the second picture was when I weighed 350lbs my first time around *blush* My next mini goal is to be around 325-320lbs (another 30lb mile marker).

Kayley – Thanks for the bravo’s I good for you for putting in that walking! I think I would have fell over after all that walking!

Alrighty ladies, I got about 20 minutes before I head off to class. I’m going go do a few errands, pick up some water and head off…

Take care everyone!
Old 05-22-2006, 06:43 PM   #8  

Way to go Sue Marie!Thanks for the advice Kayley i know i tend to overdo sometimes. Ammi the way you are continuing to lose that weight each week is really inspiring.!I am a bit put out today i thought it was tuesday which meant AI til my husband informed me it was Monday!what a let down!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:08 PM   #9  

I just took an at home body fat test thing...really interesting!

You have 24.6% body fat.

You have 71.094 pounds of fat and 217.906 pounds pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

If anyone's interested in the site, PM me...I don't remember if it's allowed to just post it or not...
Old 05-22-2006, 07:10 PM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

annie - what city do you live in?
Old 05-22-2006, 07:10 PM   #11  

Wyllenn - CONGRATS!!!!

Patti - Just BE CAREFUL! If your body says stop, DO IT! LOL...I should have listened to my body MANY times, and I suffered because of it! hehe...

Sue - What classes are you taking right now?
Old 05-22-2006, 07:13 PM   #12  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hey girls!!
I had a busy busy day even though I didn't work. Going to tryto get a bit more cleaning done before I retire for the night but I thought I would catch up. Hanging out with you guys is WAY more fun!!

Val ~ YIPPEE!! I love babies!! Congrats!!!!

Ammi~ nope, we all had stuff to donate and I also solicited stuff from people I didn’t even know *L*
Holy crap!! Another 5!!! WOW girl!!!

Sharon ~ Hope you are feeling better soon I hate TOM and he should visit me in a few days! UGH!

Xena ~ I always wanted to do some volunteer stuff but never committed to anything. There is SO much of this disease around and there really isnt anyone I know who hasn’t had their lives affected one way or another. It just seemed like it was one of the most important causes, at least to me!

Hypnotq ~ Welcome to 3FC!!

Crock~ Happy to hear you had a great time!! 4 is SO cool!!! I am back to SB next week. It is just too crazy this week to even start over. Next week will be the one!!

Nancy ~ glad to hear you had a nice time on your vacation

Dancermom ~ Welcome to 3FC!

SueMarie ~ Way to go on getting under the 350! Its an awesome feeling!

Heather ~ Congrats on getting awarded tenure!!!!

Kayley ~ Interesting stats.... i think it would scare me to find out although I am certainly intrigued

ok all... i am off and running. The rain today should have been Gods way of telling me to do my housework. Too bad I didn't listen and shopped all day instead *L* Gonna have to stay up late and pay for that!

Be good
Brenda
Old 05-22-2006, 07:38 PM   #13  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Wow! Alot for me to catch up on since last night. That's what happens when I just don't get a chance to hop on during the day. What a busy day it has been. I slept until 11:00 this morning...and that's not like me. Oh well it's alright because I feel just great this morning. This morning was another weigh in and measure day. No weight lost...but I'm not surprised because of my TOM...and no weight gained so I'm happy about that. I lost 7.75 inches this past week, so that's a total of 14.5 inches in 2 weeks. WOOHOO! I'll probably hop onto DDR later tonight at some point. I've had so much running to do today, and I have some writing to do this week.

Dusty-I've got DDR on the ps2...and I'm hogging our ps2 big time! I LOVE the workout mode. I just can't get enough of it. There's another game out now that lets you put your own music on it. I'm hoping to get that at some point soon...cause it'll be even more fun with music I want on there. Good and bad news on that shake of yours. I can just imagine what it tasted like....yikes! But good news that it was the wrong shake and all should be fine.

Ammi-Great news on the 5 lb loss! Way to go! Also...my inches lost was for one week...my first week. I had just been eating right for 2 weeks. I did more measurements this morning and you can see the results at the top of my message. That made my day!

Heather
-Thanks for the information on the hot dogs! I just looked at my brother's hot dogs he bought and they had 330 cals and 29 g fat in ONE SERVING! YIKES!!!! Next time we grill out I'll have to check out those hot dogs...cause the ones we did cook on the grill were smelling REALLY good.

Zelma
-I've missed the majority of the problems you've been having at school. I hope they all work out for you!

Valerie
-I've thought about adding fish to add some variety....but YIKES! I was looking at these salmon patties that my boss was telling me about. 70 mg cholesterol in ONE SERVING! I've read you should try to limit it to 300 mg a day, so those were out. I'm making it so far. I've become a big fan of Kroger brand Lite yogurt and Kroger brand egg beaters. My biggest problem was the eggs in my diet....I'd have eggs several times a week. Now I can still have em without the cholesterol.

SueMarie
-Congrats on getting down to under 350! I bet you feel fantastic even though you're exhausted!

Kayley
-Great exercise minutes today! Better than I've done

Brenda
-I'm just like you...I'd rather avoid my cleaning!

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome! I feel at home already and I've been posting a whole 24 hours! Thanks!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone

Just a quick hello. I've been really busy lately so I haven't been able to come here. Still doing good with my eating, but exercising is still not so good. I'm not going to enter the exercise threads and make goals for myself. I seem to do better when I don't.

Good news--tonight when I weighed myself the scale said 236.4. That was after eating Chinese food and it means that I've broken the 235 lb. barrier. I'm so excited and I'll tell you all what Mr. Scale tells me in the morning. Have a good night and I'll try to catch up soon.

((((hugs)))) Vicki
Old 05-22-2006, 09:57 PM   #15  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hello all.

Just wanted to pop on and say hi and thanks for all the well wishes and thinking about me.

We ended up going to a little town just outside of where my mom lives and went shopping for the day. We walked, walked, and walked some more! So not only did we have fun, we got our exercise as well.

We did have one little boy call my husband fat. I'm not sure if he said anything about me or not, if he did I didn't hear that. I know he was just a little boy, but his parents/grandparents/whoever he was with did NOT correct him.

I did notice we got some looks, but most people were okay. I didn't even pay attention to them. (except for the little boy, just thought it was rude of his parents/whoever he was with did NOT correct him) but that was it. I just kept walking and stopped when I needed too. I also noticed that after walking all that way, my appetite went bye bye. So we stopped and I got a water to drink, but that was it!

We ate dinner later on, but I felt so much better, although I'm soooooooo sore today! We even went out AGAIN yesterday AND again today! So I guess I'm going to have to fit in walking/exercise either before or after work.

My legs were so sore today my husband (bless him) had to help me with my pants and socks this morning! But if actually felt good to be sore, sounds weird, but it did! I know it means my muscles got a good work out! My legs are probably like, "hey woman! what are you trying to do to us?" lol. But I know in time that will go away. I just hope I don't get Charley Horses in my legs like I used to get really bad. I take vitamins so I'm hoping that will help.

Well I guess that is about all from my end.

Take care everybody!

*Flady*
Closed Thread