Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#884

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #2  

Hi everyone.

I'm pouting.... my 32 I lost? ummm....... yeah.... make that 30. Ack. pout. stomp feet. I'm counting on the fickleness of the dreaded scales, but I know that I have just a wee tad bit of responsibility here (ya think??!) ... eating out too much without the best of options, yada yada yada. Sigh. That's what I get for peeking at the scale mid week..... guess I peeked because I suspected the truth. So.... kick my own butt... hit myself in the head.... and give myself a peptalk... As I've said before--time to pull up the big girl panties and get back to it (no big girl panties smiley, eh??)

Wyllen... about the layoff. It wasn't me.... I'm in your position--being the supportive partner of the layoff-ee. It's all good, not too worried yet, but if Ithink too deeply about it it does make me get a bit stressed. But, for now, I'll be the cheerleader and the encourager....

Julee -- yeah for the stand-up!!! What a great, brave thing to do!! Wish we could all come and see you next time! We'd do the wave for you

Teahoney -- RATS on the formal being a dud.. but baby--you looked great. That outfit WORKED, girl, and the color was amazing on you.

Hey Moke --- how are the first few days going for you??

Thinking of all of you--- hello, hello, hello!!

Have a good day/evening----
Mel
Old 04-18-2006, 11:17 PM   #3  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Well, I had the MRI today and so now I will be able to go back to my doctor and hopefully get this thing resolved. It was not the most pleasant of experiences, if you have never had one. I took a really long time (about an hour) and the whole time you are in this machine which is really loud, clicking away (you have to wear earplugs), you are stuffed into this giant machine (and even though it was the open variety it was still quite claustrophobic) and these giant magnets are shooting waves at you. Partway through they had to give me some type of injection that contains something that gives the pictures better contrast.

I thought I was doing OK afterwards, so I decided to back to work. However, when I got there I didn't feel so well and headed right back for home. I ended up sleeping for a few hours and getting up to watch Idol. It is weird; I am still shaking a bit and feel somewhat nauseous. I don't know - it is probably psychosomatic, but at the same time having all those magnets shooting at you for an hour must do something. It feels kid of like when you go to the beach and spend too long in the waves, and then when you go home at night and lay in bed you can still feel it. Either way, I am just glad it is over.

My gym is closed on Thursday for some squash event, so I am seeing my trainer tomorrow. Sorry I don't have the energy to do personals tonight. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:15 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

zelma - summer and winter are kinda abstract terms... its more cool/warm. it depends on your skin tone and the time of year. really the only rule i stick to is if i like it and it looks normal on my skin.

im so sorry that i have been neglecting all of you here. i have been SO busy with work and school. next week i will have some free time tho, i go to shortened hours.

*hugs all arround*

Luan
Old 04-19-2006, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Here we go again!

Hello All,

I am loving my new scales lol. Only because they have my new starting weight as 2 lbs lighter than when I originally started dieting last year, and I know I have lost weight and gained it back and some more. But these new scales are mechanical ones, not digital. A brilliant brand with a 20 year guarantee, so I think I can safely assume that they are accurate. I am still none the wiser about why earlier this year I was gaining and not losing, but, I am dropping my starting points on WW, so maybe that will give me a bit of a kick start. I have been on 3FC since last July, and in that time have tried and failed this diet twice. Let this be 3rd time lucky. I am not going to weigh monthly anymore. I will just have to be brave and weigh weekly and as I weighed today then my weekly WI will be on Wednesdays.

I hope everyone has a great day, I will undoubtedly be back later, but right now I am off to write some emails.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-19-2006, 07:59 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

To everyone--thank you for putting up with me and my relationship woes. The advice and comorting words are MUCH appreciated, believe me! It was a really rough night last night--I'm very tired this morning, and my eyes kinda hurt. I'm sure some of you remember the "issue" Jeff and I had a few months back (more than few...I think it was late October/early November). Well, even if you don't know the details of the issue, I've obviously never really gotten over it completely, and last night, it just blew up. It got to the point at almost 11pm where I actually packed a bag, put on my shoes and jacket, and was getting the phone number of a previous co-worker/friend who I knew lived nearby out of my email...I was so ready to leave and spend the night at her place. Jeff came in and asked me what I was doing and got even more upset when I told him I was leaving, but I didn't know what else to do. So we started fighting again, and after much screaming, reasoning, crying, and explaining, we finally cleared the air. Finally. Hey, it only took a good 6 months, right? But things make SO much more sense now, and I PRAY he really understands that if he'd just fully explained everything in the first place, it never would have escalated to the point it reached last night. I mean, I was literally thinking of how we were going to figure out who would live where regarding the apartment since both names are on the lease--I really thought we might be done. Instead, I think we might be better

Sharon--thank you for just plainly saying that you sometimes want to beat your husband while at other times you love him so much. So simply put, and basically a concept I already knew, but for some reason, it really helped me to read that

Ammi--congrats for getting back on board! It's all we can do to just get up, brush off, and try again...and just think: if you hadn't lost ANY weight at all last time around, I bet you'd still have gained what you did, but instead of gaining back anything, it would just have been added to what you initially had, so then instead of being back where you started, you'd be WAY above where you started (I hope that all made sense )! That is still some progress in my book!

Nancy--I hope the MRI helps them figure everything out for good. It's no fun sitting around and waiting for the doctors to figure stuff out before getting proper treatment.

Julee--WOW! I don't think I'd ever have the cajones to try stand-up...rock on!

Tracey--what a beautiful sparkling dress (I like things that are sprakly )! Sorry to hear the formal was a dud, but your outfit sure wasn't!

Mel--maybe we can request a new "big girl panties" smilie from the admins

Oh, and thanks to last night's main event, I totally missed American Idol What a week to miss, too...I heard almost everyone did really well!
Old 04-19-2006, 08:46 AM   #7  

Jill - thank you for what you said, yes it did make sense in a weird sort of way LOL. Seriously though, I do get what you mean. I can't afford to put on any more weight now, not only for my health's sake, but also my new scales only go up to 329, so definitely don't want to put any weight on.

I am sorry you had that huge blow up with Jeff, but if it cleared the air, and you managed to get him to know just how you have been feeling for the last 6 months, then it's got to be a good thing. It's a shame it had to come to you packing your bag and then having a huge row before everything could be sorted.....but it's done now, and hopefully you can keep the communication lines open between you so it doesn't have to get to such a serious situation again. Go on, go give him a big hug

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-19-2006, 09:21 AM   #8  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Will it ever stop raining..... it has been raining since Saturday.... I don't mean a drizzle either.... full fledged, pouring down, big ole wind rain.... so bad I don't know if I am going to brave the weather to go SHOPPING! Let me tell ya, that's BAD!

I still have my quilt to finish. I am almost done of it. Good thing too because the auction is Monday *L* I hope we raise lotsa $$

Well, yesterday I lost it. I ate a whole bunny. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't CHOCOLATE! I still don't really know WHY I did it..... it just happened. I have to wisen up. I am on detox for the rest of the week. I don't care WHAT my body wants..... I can always blame TOM but its still no excuse. I ate the bunny not him!

I have to bake again all this weekend and I found out that there is overtime at work on Saturday. I can't afford to let that go. We are saving money for a trip this fall and I can use every extra dime we can scrounge. We haven't been on a real trip in a long time....5 years I guess it will be since we went on our honeymoon. It will be fun. We are only going to Toronto, Ontario to visit friends but I love the big city!

Teahoney~ Nice duds girl! Is that the dress from Size Appeal???

Jilly~ Glad that things are getting cleared up with you and Jeff. Sometimes all it takes is for you to finally get fed up. You must feel SO much better!

Julee~ Open mic? Heck, I think I would have passed out! Good job!!!

Nancy~ so happy to hear that your MRI wasnt totally awful!

Moke~ poke poke... how are things going???

Well, going to go and clean now while I wait for the mail. We are awaiting a license to sell tickets on a mothers day basket. If it comes in the mail we will HAVE to brave the weather and go to the print shop.

Later
Brenda
Old 04-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #9  
South Beach Life Style

Hello girls.

All is well so far, checking in real quick, I am drinking my coffee, and preparring to finish my essay for English , due at 1pm today, got 5 more pages to go.. 4 more weeks of this school ****.!!!!! then a break, I am have some water retention,, Aunt Margaret will be visiting soon with her "Monthly" visit. All is going okay, my way , other than the PMS symptoms,,,,,,,ugh.................... Take Care All
Old 04-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #10  
South Beach Life Style

Had to write a 7 page essay on a popular trend, I chose the South Beach Diet and it turned out to be 8 pages long, If any one is interested in reading it PM me with you email and perhaps you can critique it a little and help me out. Thanks Take Care All.

Mokster~~ where are you at...???????????????
Old 04-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #11  

Hi,

I am so used to lately just posting quickly that I forgot to reply to a couple of posts earlier. So to rectify that,

Mel - I am sorry that you saw a gain when you weighed, but you know what, at least you owned up to the fact that some of that gain was through a bit of indulgence on your part. But I am sure some of it was water weight too. You know what? and I have to listen to my own advice here....if you ever don't do anything to earn a gain, then it isn't fat. Also those 1s and 2s are little numbers in the scheme of things, and soon enough they all will add up and you will see huge losses on the scales and water weight won't be so upsetting then. Keep up the good work

Nancy - I am glad the MRI is over and done with now. How long til you get the results. Are you feeling any better now, I reckon it must have been more than psychosomatic that had you feeling so nauseus and needing to go to sleep. Those machines are safe, but it doesn't mean they don't have some side effects.

Did American Idol help keep your mind off it? Don't tell me who goes when you see that show because I don't find out til Friday, ok

Luan - I hope you are loving your new job at the gym, how did you come to getting it. Did you see an ad, or did you hear about it when you were just working out at the gym? I hope you are still able to squeeze in some movie parts still!

Brenda - you ate a bunny, well I ate the whole warren LOL Don't be so hard on yourself, you stopped at one, and I bet you wouldn't have done that in the past. It's a thin line we have to draw where we can allow ourselves treats so that we never feel resentful towards our new lifestyles, but we also have to not go overboard. I haven't been able to get the balance right before now, but I really am going to try harder this time around.

Hope you didn't get too wet going to the print shop, sounds like you are having worse weather than us in Wales right now, and that's saying something lol.

Crock - glad you got your essay done, did you enjoy writing all about the diet? Sounds like school isn't exactly ringing your bell right about now, well just try to focus on the break that's coming up that you mentioned. Been ages since we chatted, I hope to see you on Yahoo soon.

I just want to apologise to people like Velma who on past threads recently have given me a mention and I haven't replied. I did read what you wrote, I was just slack and didn't reply. Sorry

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #12  

Hello all! Thought I'd do a fly-by post! As I feared...(Heck, as I KNEW)...the scale is UP in a big way. 244.4 - up 2.6 lbs from last week. I'm still thinking about whether to move the slider...I probably will, just to be honest. I ate like a pig last week, so this is all my own fault. On the up side, when it goes on fast it usually comes off pretty easily, so I hope to be back to 241 next WI now that I'm back on track. Must run.... to everyone!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #13  
South Beach Life Style

To the girls who PM'd me I sent My Essay to you..enjoy.. Any questions, feel free to hollor
Old 04-19-2006, 02:37 PM   #14  

Hey all,

Well, I did a dumb thing: the first time I tried to get back to exercise I overdid and threw my back out. I'm on second day of recovery--if I baby it another day or two I suspect I'll be back to 100%.

Still haven't weighed myself, but at least I am making progress in terms of getting back into the habit of taking ALL my diabetes meds, which I know will make it easier to lose when I gear up.

Nancy, Sorry to hear the MRI was so miserable. I know when my father had to have one he literally couldn't get off the table afterwards--and this was not someone who had any mobility problems. They're rough on you, that's for sure.

Brenda, Maybe you should eat a carrot a day to keep the bunnies away.

Jill, I'm glad you're feeling better about things. The advice I give all my friends in relationships is to talk about issues when you're calm, not only when you're angry. Sounds like you and Jeff got to the point where you were calm. I think that helps a lot.

Okay, how's this for breaking diet rule #1--it's 1:44 p.m. here and I haven't eaten yet today. Oy. Going to go try to make a reasonably healthy choice.

Cheers, all.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:54 PM   #15  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Tracey, I loved that outfit! Really pretty!!

Ammi, Good for you, keeping up the fight! Third time is a charm, like you said. It always sounded like your scales were a little crazy, so I'm glad you have new ones.

Jill, I'm so glad the air has been cleared at your house. It was something you surely needed. I hope that things just get better and better for you two! Years from now I hope you'll be able to laugh about it, but now I know it's caused you serious heartache and worry.

Hi Crock! Hi Mokster!

Brenda, I hope the rain has stopped by now - at least it's not raining chocolate bunnies! Holiday's over, so the temptation should be past.

Hi Lilion! Hi Luan!

NotTheCheat, I hope you're feeling better after all those mega-rays. That had to be uncomfortable. I hope all the results are good!

Mel, I'm sorry to hear about the 2+, but it's a temporary thing. I'm sure you'll conquer them again in no time. After all, it's not totally out of control! You're still down 30 fantastic, hard-earned pounds, and you're heading back in the right direction!

Where's Catherine??? Where's Dogpal???

Hi Julee, & Zelma, & Garnet, & Wyllenn, & Sharon, & Kayley-girl & Angela, & & & ... all the others I've missed.

Back on the truck tonight. We pull out at 6, pick up at 8, deliver straight thru down to the Blue Grass State (Kentucky) and then pick up in the a.m. heading for Jersey. No offense to Teahoney and our other NYers, but I hope they don't send us across the bridges into your neighborhoods - That G.W. costs an arm and both legs these days... and have they ever considered actually PAVING some of those highways? They like to send our little trucks in instead of semi's when they can, which I understand, but the repair bills can be murder.

Well, I'm prepaired for the road - mentally anyway. It's off to the store now to prepare my fridge. I joined the 2x2 over on the Old Hens list, and I just HAVE to get those 2 pounds off in the next 2 weeks!

Blessings to everyone! Many smiles, much will-power, exercise inducive weather, and overall success!!!
Closed Thread