Old 02-18-2006, 12:13 AM   #1  

Default Someone please help (scales)

I am needing some scales for home that go up to 400lbs. If anyone has any that go up to this amount. Please let me know the brand and where you bought them. I really need to find some. Thanks.
tracyj1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 12:24 AM   #2  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Taylor 909 ProHelix Professional Medical Grade Scale <-- this is what I found on Amazon. Unfortunately, almost anything you buy is going to be fairly expensive for that weight range (been there, done that). This particular one is $49.95, which isn't tooooo bad.
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 12:30 AM   #3  

Thanks for looking for me, I really appreciate it. I would rather pay for some scales than to pay for a membership to ww which i wont use. Thank you again.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:31 AM   #4  
learning to live

400 LB Digital Body Fat Monitor Bathroom Scale <-- Do a search for this on Amazon. Same price range, better options. And you're quite welcome =)
Old 02-18-2006, 12:44 AM   #5  

i seen that one.. is that the same as 400 lbs though? Thats what i was wondering. I am wanting digital ones too.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:04 AM   #6  

these at amazon.com look good --> Tanita HD340 Jenny Craig Glass Digital Lithium HealthyTrack Scale with Goal Tracking Technology
Old 02-18-2006, 08:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Tracy--

If you go to eBay and put in that you're looking for scales you will probably be shown Old Will Knot's site. He sells scales--the one that I bought is digital and goes up to 440 lbs. I think I paid almost $50 for it. It's accurate up to .2 on your weight and (knock on wood ) I haven't had any problems with it. Actually I had one--a friend of ours put his very wet towels on it and it kind of shorted out until it was dry. Since it dried out it's as good as new. We have a hot tub which is why he was there in the first place and why all of his stuff was so wet. Normal everyday use in the bathroom doesn't hurt it all. We moved ours into another room because of that one problem that one time.

Good luck!

Vicki
dolfingirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:08 AM   #8  

Thanks for the heads up will go look at those. That sounds great if they will go up to 440. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #9  
learning to live

Ebay, half dot com, and Overstock dot com generally have some really good deals for scales. Good luck, and let us know which one you got and how it works for you!
Old 02-18-2006, 07:15 PM   #10  

Well i went to an official ww today and weighed and i actually only weigh 380.8, so pretty soon i will be able to get a set that only goes to 380.. whoo hoo. I was at walmart today and actually found some weight watcher scales that went up to 380 so i am thinking about just getting those and they come with a half off of joining fee so i can go to ww for a few weeks and then just stop and use my scales once i see how they compare with theirs. That is probably what ill do. The scales were only 35 dollars too. Thank you so much for all of your help. I appreciate it lots.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:42 AM   #11  

Well i went back to walmart tonite and got the WW scales, and got up to the register and instead of ringing up for 35 they rang up for 30.. whoo hoo.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #12  

Well I just bought a digital one, and it's awesome! (I had a problem with the dial jiggling on my old scale and when I leaned over to read the scale it would jiggle the needle, so not accurate! So, get digital if you can, my advice.) It's a "Taylor Weight Management Scale' it was at a Canadian store, but you might be able to find the same one somewhere in your state. It was only $60CAD here...very cheap for a 400LB scale. Hope you can find it somewhere, it's been VERY VERY accurate.
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:53 PM   #13  

i bought the WW ones last nite. I am hoping they work out well for me. If not i guess ill be taking them back and finding me some more.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:33 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfingirl2000
Actually I had one--a friend of ours put his very wet towels on it and it kind of shorted out until it was dry. Since it dried out it's as good as new.
I had that happen with my kitchen digitial scales one time too. It had happend occasionally in the past- water getting spilled on the counter or something and within a couple days it would be fine. We were going on vacation for 1 1/2 weeks and figured that would be long enough for it to dry out the last time, but it still didn't work when we got back so I ended up buying a new one. Of course we decided to test the old scales one last time before throwing them out a month or so later and wouldn't you know it, they worked fine. So now I have 2 sets of digital kitchen scales...though I have my eyes set on the one GardenWife recomends, if I start selling a lot of stuff on Ebay...can't justify buying another just for kitchen use when I have 2 working ones

As for bathroom scales- I find I like the digital ones best. If you're over the weight limit, they tell you- with that ever ominous EEE; where spring scales tend to get hinky if you're near the top of the weight limit and may not clearly tell you if you're over. Plus you can fudge the reading like you can on analog scale- if it says 273.5, then that's what it is. My only complaint about mine is that its suppose to have a lifetime battery...but one of my cats likes to sleep on the scales & I don't think they consider 20-30 'uses' per day typical use. I try to put them up but then its harder to weigh myself daily, like I need to. Next scales will have a replacable battery
christineu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #15  

How much did you pay for your digital kitchen scales. I need a set of those too. If you want to sell a set of them let me know.

as for the weight scales. I am not sure what to think right now. When i bought the scales on yesterday. That same day i had went to an official weight watchers location and weighed. They had me weighed at 380.8, but this morning just for kicks and because i wanted to try out my new scales i hoped on them, and it showed me only weighing 377. something. I was not sure what to think. Thinking that because the weight limit on them is 380 and i am .8 of a pound over that they were maybe not reading correctly. I dont know what to think. Do you think that maybe they arent accurate. Or could i really only weigh 377 and the ww scales be different?????