Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 06:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#809

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:36 PM   #2  
Sharon

I am posting this link to the thread that this one was continued from for the newer people. It was confusing to me when I first got here!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=1#post1089313
Old 01-18-2006, 07:02 PM   #3  
Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS72
Sharon - UGG it isnt a good thing though. Poof day gone lol its so addicting. Then I find all these neat little plug ins to play with and well its worse the chocolate lol Besides your blog is nothing to sneeze at ya know lol What blog software do you use?

Felicia
It is from Blogger.com, but a friend on mine on my forum that I own tweeked it for me. I did some "baby tweeking" but I am such a beginner at this stuff. I don't know how to make it look purdy! She did my banner and I gave her a pic of my lips! Hey, mind if I add you to my blog links? I have been telling a couple of the ladies on my forum about your blog!
Old 01-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #4  

Hi,

This is my last post before I go to sleep. First of all - this was posted on the #808 thread after the STOP post was written, so to make sure nobody misses it :

Originally Posted by ZedAus
Sharon, my DH doesn't say anything to me about how good I look now, but I know he is happy - mostly for me. I think that he doesn't want to say too much to me because he doesn't want me to think that I am any 'better' now than I was before. He loves me no matter what, and doesn't want me to think that he prefers me smaller. At least that is what I think. He talks about my weight loss to everyone, so I know he is proud of me. And he encourages me to buy whatever clothes I want, so he is very supportive.

Just a general question to everyone out there. Towards the end of last year I stopped the contraceptive needle and was told it could take months or even years for my cycle to start again. Well, 3 weeks after the next needle was due I started my first cycle in a few years. Even before that they were just 'forced' cycles because of the contraceptive pill. Well, I got my next period about 3 and a half weeks after that and I think I have started my next one, which is only just over 3 weeks since the last one started. I have NEVER had regular TOMs, which has been mostly caused by the weight of course. So now I have lost so much weight, they seem to have come on with a vengeance. I was just wondering if just over 3 weeks apart is too close. I had my hormones checked just last week when they were checking everything else, and they were fine. Only things that were wrong were Vitamin D and B12. I would love to hear if I am normal or whether this should bother me.

Thanks for any info.

Zelma

Zelma - I haven't had a period in about 4 years thanks to the contraception I am on. I know both of my girls (who have had their periods for 4 and 2 years) quite often have just 3 weeks between each period. I don't know if it's considered normal. The doctor doesn't seem concerned. If your hormones are normal then I wouldn't worry. Perhaps your body is just catching up on all the periods it missed by coming more often

Sharon (neurotica) - I loved our chat tonight, thanks so much. I will let you know how I get on with my new way of dieting. If I find I eat less than on WW points I don't think I will cope. But I will definitely give it a go. Thanks.

Felicia - come on now, how can you have been working up a sweat on that treadmill and still get engrossed in a book Seriously, I am glad you found a way to make the exercise less boring. What was the book you were reading?

Ok it's now gone 1 am, time I went to bed. Take care all, and I shall return tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-18-2006, 09:10 PM   #5  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I am back from the honeymoon. The wedding was small and simple just the way I wanted it. His father gave me away wearing his kilt. I was not expecting to get blinded by flash bulbs when I made my entrance. Everyone must have had a camera. I have no idea why I didn't expect people to want to take my picture. I haven't seen any of the pictures yet. Everyone has been leaving us alone for the time being. His mother did call, that night if you can believe it. She wasn't up to the trip to the wedding. She had already talked to his sister who was at the wedding, and the official word was that I was radiant. I've never heard that word used to describe me before. I was so nervous. I almost couldn't speak, and then almost started crying. He laid such a big kiss on me, that he knocked my veil and headband nearly off, and I almost fell over backwards. When I said, "Austin honey you've got to let me breath" in my best Southern Belle drawl, everyone started laughing.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #6  
banned

First, congrats to hippievanlady on her marriage! May it bring you lifetime joy and blessings!

I took this from #808:

Quote:
LAnne- that is fantastic that you have left the 300s forever. I think if I can just leave them myself then I might have the extra inspiration to keep on dieting.

You have a very wise doctor, it's true that we can't expect to lose weight overnight when it took so long for us to get to the weight we are. This brings me to The Biggest Loser. They seem to encourage HUGE losses in a week, and yet another show I watch called Celebrity Fit Club says that huge losses are no good and that you aren't just losing fat, you are losing muscle. So how do The Biggest Loser people say it's safe to lose so much weight so fast?

I think it is good that there are shows like this with actual people of size willing to take off the weight and be an inspiration to others, however, I do not approve personally of the stringent plans and workouts of The Biggest Loser, simply because I see the goals as both unrealistic and generally unhealthy in the long run. Sure, fast losses are good for short term fixes (the stubborn last five pounds, for example), but for a long-term goals that many of us need, I can't see going to these extremes without thinking that it may do some damage to my overall health--perhaps permanently.

I prefer Celebrity Fit Club for their more realistic approach on slow losses, plus for some reason, I don't feel like I am at boot camp when I am watching it. LOL.

And for those that are either too lazy on a particular day to work out and/or want to get in some exercise time on a busy day, I found the Quick Fix workout tapes to work nicely for me in these cases.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello Ladies! My Criminal Justice went good! Granted, it was only about an hour tonight, since he said that he doesn't like to lecture on the first night. I would have been okay with that! But it seems like it's going to be a really neat class. He's the magistrate at one of our local courts, and we are going to be having guest speakers...anyone from the Sheriff to Crime Scene Investigators! This is going to be so cool!!!

As to the discussion you were all having about being big your entire life...so was I. I was always an overweight child, and I became "obese" when I was in about 6th grade, I suppose. I weighed about 250-290 all through high school, and reached 300 shortly after I graduated. I topped at 350 pounds, and decided that I needed a change before I died. I started seriously dieting on December 12th, 2005, and I'm hoping that when Christmas rolls around next year, I'm about 250-270. I would love that! And I want to be at 200 for my 21st birthday! I wanna go out and have FUN!

AgammillHello and to the site, and the forum. Congrats on your loss!

Zelma - I have Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome, or so says my gyno. So I'm no help to ya there.

Felicia - Good job on the working out! You're doing great!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:42 PM   #8  
Katie

Ammi- From what i've seen everyone seems very nice! Unfortunatly, My problem with my weight has seeped through to my confidence. I tend to be a little shy however here's a bit about me:

I'm 23 i'm married with two awsome kids. I'm from NH. My highest weight was over 350 while pregnant with my last baby. My whole life i've been big but these days i'm at an all time high. I love dancing.. mainly at raves but my weight got so out of control i can't do that anymore. I want to be alive to see my grandkids.. i want to play with my kids.. this is the reason for my change. I'm a wicked bad night time snacker..
As for what i've changed, i've cut down alot, been trying to cut out the night time snacking.. but i have a goal.. so i guess that's the first step!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:44 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

so i officially have gone to my 2nd WW meeting, and im happy to say -

4 pound loss this week!!!

Old 01-18-2006, 09:46 PM   #10  

Catherine - How was the honeymoon, and where did you guys go to? I'll bet you must have felt like a QUEEN!I can't WAIT to see the pics! So glad to have you back. I'm so happy everything went well for you!

LAnneCarrington - I LOVE Celebrity Fit Club! But unfortunately, I don't have cable or anything, so Andrew and I watch it sometimes when I am over there!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #11  

Woo Hoo Luan! Keep it up! :

Katie - RAVER! So are you an Industrial raver or techno? I LOVE Industrial music, and Industrial Dance and all that...maybe we have something in common?
Old 01-19-2006, 01:58 AM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

kayley! thanks!! i was really afraid to go because i was having my time of the month (TOM) but that ended yesterday really. it definately was a great feeling

what are your acheivements today ladies?
Old 01-19-2006, 02:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

Congrats to all the loosers. Welcome all new people. I am finally feeling a bit better now.

Catherine: Congrats to you. I bet you were radiant! I can't wait to see pictures. I hope that your honeymoon was wonderful. Looking forward to your posts again.

Blessings to you all,
Dogpal
Old 01-19-2006, 03:44 AM   #14  

Good Morning All,

I am so tired this morning, not surprising as I didn't end up going to sleep until about 4 am and it's only 8.15 am as I write this. Hubby is taking Beth to school so I will stay awake until he comes home. I think we will have breakfast then, and then it's the usual back to sleep for me at least. Am not sure if he will want to play on his online game. Depends how much he has woken up in the fresh air,

Felicia - what book did you end up choosing, or will you choose for your workout today? Kudos to you for finding a way to keep that book steady and working off those lbs.

LAnne - Please do tell me how you get a quote from one thread like you did from 808 and put it here on 809. I haven't been able to figure that out and it would be so much simpler sometimes if I did know.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks Biggest Loser is a bit extreme. And yes Celeb Fit Club does seem far less like boot camp when you watch it lol. I do watch both, and we are currently watching the US version of Biggest Loser, the second series I believe. The one where the girls are against the boys. In this episode two of them ended up in hospital. One with an asthma attack, and the other was having chest pains or something. They are definitely pushing them too hard this time if you ask me.

Catherine - so glad to hear from you and that the wedding and your honeymoon went well. I was all smiles when I read about how you could barely speak at the wedding and were nearly in tears. Daren and I were exactly the same, so much so that when we spoke to the minister before the ceremony and he asked us if we wanted to say our vows or just say I Do, we chose the latter. There is no way either of us could have done more than that without crying. I am glad you managed your vows though, and I can believe that you were radiant and that you deserved that compliment. Getting married to your soul mate is the most awesome experience. Congratulations

Kayley - that's great that you enjoyed your Criminal Justice class. It sure does sound like it's going to be really interesting especially with all those guest speakers lined up.

Thanks for sharing your story about how long you have been overweight for. You should be proud of yourself that you have decided to do something about it now while you are still young. Not like me who is in 37 and still trying to get the weight off.

Personally I was a skinny child, I could eat what I wanted and not a lb did I gain. I used to tease my brother who was overweight, I know, rotten of me. But I soon got punished for that. I hit puberty and by the time I was 16 I had a pear shaped figure and was a size 18. It's funny because looking back to that time I used to think I was huge, oh to be that huge again Anyway I left home at 18 and got a job, so had money to spend on all the bad foods my mum had been trying hard to keep me from, so gained more weight. By the time I got married I was 196 lbs (I was 21) By the time I had Beth I was 224 lbs (age 23) and then the weight just kept piling on. Mostly due to the marriage going bad, but also because by then I was in a habit of eating what I wanted when I wanted. So now here I am at 329 lbs and fighting to stick to a diet so I can finally feel human and healthy again. You really must stick to your guns Kayley and lose the weight now, I am sure you will do it. I wish I could turn back the clock and not even put the weight on in the first place, but then don't we all!

Katie - Thank you for telling us a bit more about yourself, no need to be shy here, a more approachable friendly bunch of ladies I think you would be hard pushed to meet.

I hear you on the night time snacking thing. I can go right through until about 11 pm and I am doing good. But then the longer I am awake the more I am thinking, I want to eat. I give in and break my diet mostly at night time. Last night I went over my points, but did it eating mixed roasted seeds. So it was naughty but good for me, moreso than eating a bar of chocolate. So I don't feel too bad. Today I am back to being a WW angel, and I am going to try really hard to have an early night!!

Like Kayley you are at a good age to decide to get control back of your life, and I am sure you are going to get that extra weight off and you can enjoy your dancing again, and you can look forward to playing with the kids and in due course seeing your grand children. You have wonderful reasons to lose the weight, so go for it

Luan - that is awesome news that you lost another 4 lbs. Well done When you get back on track you really do get back with a vengeance

Dogpal - so lovely to hear from you, I missed your posts. Are you totally better now, whatever you had it sure did knock you for six didn't it? Glad you are back with us now.

Sharon (voodoo) - am not going anywhere today so hopefully will be able to catch you for a chat later.

Zelma - how are you today, hope the weather isn't too hot for you over there.

I hope everybody has a great day. You are all my inspiration, every time I think of going off track I think of coming here and owning up. That is hard enough to do, but even harder when I read about how well everybody is doing. So I keep on keeping on, we are going to lose this weight together.

I will undoubtedly be back again later, until then have a great day and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-19-2006, 07:17 AM   #15  

Red face Quick stop

Catherine ~ I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

Hi, everyone else. Can't say, but wanted to say hi.
Closed Thread