Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 09:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 420/385/215

Height: 5'7

Red face I'm ready to start over

Hello all!

My name is Megan. I'm 24 and live in Missouri. I have a beautiful 4 year old daughter, Kaylea and a loving husband, Bryon. I used to come here often but I fell of the wagon a few months ago - I came down with a bug and couldn't get rid of it. Once it finally passed, I just didn't feel like doing much...so here I am - again.

I've gained the weight I had lost - 11 lbs plus 6 more. So I'm starting over at 355 lbs. I don't have much of a plan lined up either. I haven't excercised in months. I just don't know where to begin. I used to be so organized.

If anyone has any tips or plans they follow and you don't mind sharing, please let me know about them. I'm always looking for support also. So if anybody wants to go at it together, let me know.

Thanks to all - and God Bless!
Old 11-25-2005, 10:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Megan! It's hard to keep this going once you get derailed. I think we've all been there!

My piece of advice is just start with ONE thing. You're overwhelmed and who wouldn't be? Find one thing you want to change TODAY, and do it. Eat veggies, or stop drinking soda, or get out and take a walk, or watch portions... whatever you choose just start with one thing!

And come back and tell us and we will be so supportive! And then go from there! And come join us in the 300+ thread!

One comment -- and I don't mean to offend -- but I see you have dates by which you want to reach certain goals. What happens if you don't reach them by that date? Many people find themselves discouraged and might be more likely to give up if they don't reach a goal in time. After all, we can get derailed by all kinds of things. Why not give yourself a Christmas goal of walking 3x a week, or getting a certain habit under control? I sometimes think we set lofty goals meant to motivate and end up sabotaging ourselves instead!
Old 11-25-2005, 01:42 PM   #3  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Welcome back Megan!! I'm so sorry you were sick and saw that weight come back on - Been there, and it feels so discouraging! But you're back here now and committed to losing again, and I applaud you!!! FORWARD and DOWNWARD!

I agree with Wyllenn - When I set amount of weight AND time frame goal, I always get discouraged - even "my 19 pounds by Christmas" goal is starting to look daunting and I'm thinking I shouldn't have done that to myself. I find that I'm more successful when I say "Mini-goal - 19 pounds" and just work towards it withOUT a specific time that raises the risk of at least FEELing like I'm failing. As long as we're heading in the right direction, we AREN"T failing! Or I might aim to lose as much as possible by "X" date, and really work hard from now til then, but I don't tie a number to it.

I've been overweight all my life, and dieted all my life. The only thing that has worked for me for more than a few weeks at a time was cutting the carbs out. Breads especially - I've always LOVED my bread, but I don't even have it in the house anymore, and I find I don't miss it. I also find that since I've cut out bread, rice, white potatoes, everything I can with sugar or flour in it, that I'm not hungry all the time. I don't have the overwhelming cravings that I've lived with all my life. Of course I slip up now and then, and it's really hard to peel myself away from the fridge again. I remember how it used to feel and I HATE it. So it keeps getting easier to say "no" to the things that I know will trigger a binge and the self-hate that follows.

I also joined Curves, which I highly recommend if you can - and get someone to commit with you if possible. It helps to have someone to cheer you on and challange you... which is why we're here at 3FC! I find the environment at Curves to be really fat-girl friendly, as well as fitness oriented. I like that it's only women, we all chat together and the time goes really fast, and I just love it. If it's not in your budget right now, Christmas is coming - any chance someone would get it for you if you asked? WHATEVER your fitness level is, and WHATEVER exercise you choose to do, commit to doing it! It's not comfortable at first, but you gain SO much through movement! Please do that for your beautiful little sweetheart, your honey, and most of all for YOURSELF. We all only get one life. We all get the same number of hours in every day. We just have to commit to making the most of each one.

Go for it Megan! You can do it! You're going to feel SO much better you won't believe it! Keep on posting and I'll see you on the list(s). Or PM me - I'm on the road sometimes (driving truck) and the next 2 days I'll be out of town and off-line, but I always get back to my messages... If I'm not quick I just hope folks understand.

-Valerie
Old 11-25-2005, 02:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 319/307/145

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on getting back on board, Megan!
I'm here for you - for support. You can PM me anytime
you'd like!

My name is Kristy - I'm almost 28 years old - getting married in
2007. It would be nice to chat
Old 11-26-2005, 08:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello Megan,

Thanks for introducing yourself, and well done for getting back on track. I hope you will join us on the 300+ thread. A more supportive, friendly group of people I doubt you will ever meet. I know without all of them I never would have stuck to this diet for as long as I have. OK so it's only 3 months, but it's 2 months longer than most of my diet attempts.

I agree with Valerie and Wyllen, setting a weight loss by a specific date is something that I just can't do. I would be so disappointed if I didn't make the goal, so I just set the number, but put no date to it. I also only weigh once a month. That way the dreaded scales don't dishearten me.

So my advice to you, is not to weigh too often, don't make a date that you have to lose weight by, drink lots of water, and if you do have any slip ups remember to forgive yourself and start afresh the next day. You can do this.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-27-2005, 03:32 PM   #6  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Good luck Megan! It takes great courage to try and try again. If you need a buddy feel free to hit me up. Aside from that, I wish you the best in finding a program/plan that works for you!
Closed Thread