Old 09-21-2005, 11:21 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#761

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 12:49 AM   #2  
Oooo Silly Me!

Ammi – Honestly… I don’t remember how long before they went away… I only had a few that were spread. Toxins… hmmm that sounds good to me.

Ladies… I’ve been busy scrambling to get things ready for classes which start tommorrow. Its going to be LONG days for me. Working at 8 am and classes going til 8pm. Ugh… I not looking forward to this term at all!

I’ve avoiding weighing in for a while… I think I’ll wait a little longer until I can feel a little secure with my eating. I am hoping with being busy… I’ll be able to schedule myself a little better. Does that sound funny? I couldn’t organize myself while I was not busy, but maybe I can do it while I am busy hehehe….

Take care everyone!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:57 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

well surprisingly, i went to the gym today and *poof* another 2 lbs gone... i dont know how they went anywhere, but im not sad to see them go.

how is everyone's week going? im great. i got a new job. its not for pay, yet, but its only 2 weeks and there is a TON of networking possibility. things always look up.

tell me something happy about your week!
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:08 AM   #4  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I am starting to get so nervous about the trip. Nervous, excited, and a little scared. I've been up since 5am. If I pack and unpack my bags again, they are going to just leave without me. I still have 11 days before I leave, and hope that I don't just collapse before then. I have always been so reserved and rational; this new insane person is unrecognizable in the mirror. I have been doing okay on my food even though I have stopped losing weight again. My brain has become an alien being, so I guess my body has decided to follow suit.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Thursday now and all is well. I just had a slim a soup cuppa soup followed by a banana and low fat custard for my lunch. Very delicious and quite filling.

SueMarie - it's a shame you don't remember how long the spots lasted, mine are now on week 5, and every time I look in the mirror I have at least another two sprouted. They suck. I hope your busy days won't get you resorting to fast food too often, now and then is fine, but you have to remember to try to eat properly even though you are going to be rushing around like a mad woman. I hope you will be ok.

Luan - WOOHOO, on your 2lb loss. It's nicer to lose when you really aren't expecting it, so you must be pretty happy!!

Catherine - why are you so nervous, this isn't the first time you have met your honey is it? How long since you saw him last? I am sure everything will be wonderful when you see him again and those nerves will fly out the window.

Sharon - where are you today? I hope all is well, I shall keep looking for you on MSN.

Futurediva - how are you doing, your post is back on the other thread so I can't remember all that you put. You did mention about what a great group of people are here, and I have to agree with you. We are all here for each other in good and bad times. I am so glad I found this site.

Time for my emails now, so take care all, and I will pop back later,

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:00 AM   #6  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Down another 1.6...I finally broke my 70 lb mark...yay!!! I am so very close to weighing my driver's license. I've noticed lately I am getting more attention from men in public...actual flirting. Of course I don't respond...but it's very new for me...and kinda fun...sometimes.

Last night we got to WW early and Jason actually asked me if I wanted to go into the jewelry store next door to look at...engagement rings. I was floored...I kept wondering who was this man I was with and what he had done with my boyfriend...who knows..maybe things are starting to move along!!!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Well done Julee on losing 1.6lbs and going to that 70 lbs lost mark. You should be really proud of yourself. Seems to me too that not only do you notice other men are paying attention to you now, but Jason notices too. He wants to get you as his fiancee quick smart before you think about these other guys lol. So, what kind of ring would you like to have?

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:31 AM   #8  

Default Missed Yas!!!!

Hello everyone!! I am so sorry for being away for a week!! I feel so out fo touch with everyone!!! I missed you all and the great support that I get here. Hubby was home for a week and he monopolized the computer and I have been busy with the kids, school starting, my two boys being classified special needs, registering the 3 young ones, and life in general! I must say though that I have been doing OK and on track for the most part. I have yet to change my ticker, but I started at 304 and as of Monday was down to 287. I have not been walking much and eating a lot. Last night it was lite ice cream and NO PROTIONS!! Oh well. ANother day is today.

I don't know how I am going to catch up with everyone. I did read that Jill got a new job! Way to go Jill! I wish you much luck! What a great job to be able to stay home!! AWESOME!! You deserve it!!

Ammi, I missed you Hon! Have to catch up on your posts as of yet, but I hope all is well with you!!

Luan, CONGRATS on doing so well!! You are really rockin and droppin those pounds!! You are a great inspiration to me!! Thanks for sharing!!

Julee, WAY TO GO on the 70 pound mark!!! That is FANTABULOUS!!! WOO HOO!!! Keep those pounds coming down!! I can't wait until I hit 70 down!!!

Sue, good luck with your classes!! Don't wait too long to weigh in. I know with myself the longer I put it off, the more I gained!! We are here for you, even if I was MIA for a week!!

Hang in there Catherine!! Take some deep cleansing breaths, inhale through your nose, out through the mouth! You still have 11 days. Don't make yourself crazy! All will be fine! {{HUGS}}

OK I know I am missing many people and will haev to back track and catch up. Please forgive me! SO glad hubby went back to work yesterday for the week! LOL Hope everyone is having a great day! PJ
SicknTired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:39 AM   #9  

DogPal, AWESOME weight loss! WOO HOO! Keep those pounds coming down!!

Sharon I was sorry to read about your gain but if more sorry about how you beat yourself up over it!! I know that all too wel and do it so many times. We do have to STOP this viscous cycle. We can't let it get the best of us. We are better than that and deserve more. Plus by eating bad foods, we just make the whole situation worse. I did it on Sunday. Had a bad day with the kids when we went to the botanical garden. I came home and ate 3 doughnuts. Yeah that is the way to handle things. That made my kids behave. NOT! When will I learn?!?!? I just started a new day on Monday and will keep going, one day at a time. Hnag in there! {{HUGS}} PJ
Old 09-22-2005, 11:50 AM   #10  

Ammi
I just saw your wedding pics that you posted a few threads back! You are gorgeous! I love being able to put a face to the name! Thanks for sharing! Before I saw your pic, I thought you had long blonde hair. Not sure why......LOL
PJ
Old 09-22-2005, 01:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

It's great to cu online again, PJ.
Had another bad day , weight stayed the same , feel pretty low , I'm seriously thinking about surgery (lap band, the saline implant that is adjustable and not permanent, unless you want it),if I have another week of staying the same weight, with all of this exercise and I'm down the surgeons office , as long as hubby pays!
will post tomorrow, feeling a bit too down to bother, glad others have had losses though, well done.

sharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:52 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

PrincessPuffyPants – I wish mine would just *poof* Congrats!

Hippyvanlady – I’m so giddy for you too! Let us know how things go! *big hugz*

Ammi – I know they lasted a while, but I really didn’t have that many. About fast food… that’s my main concern. I will get so busy that I’ll resort to fast food. There’s a good thing and a bad thing about the campus here… it’s surrounded by food places and also has a café on campus. The bad thing is it’s close to A LOT of temptations but the good thing is there’s plenty of good food here as well. I usually get a turkey and cucumber sandwich from the deli. I could live on sandwiches for a while they have a good salad bar as well. You mentioned some pictures, but I never saw where they were located at. Unless I missed it?

Julee – WOOHOO! Congrats on the weight AND the shopping! Hehehe I agree with Ammi about your fiancé

SicknTired – Yes, that’s my concern… avoiding the scale because I know I haven’t been keeping up with my program like I should have. I guess I’ll have to face the scale sooner or later! I am going to do my weigh in on Sunday… maybe it gives me a chance to make some improvements. Congrats on making it below 300lbs! I can’t wait til I get there!!

Voodoo – it’s not a bad thing if you stay the same… just keep thihenking positive. I get depressed when I gain… so I shouldn’t be talking. But I always remind myself, “I did it once, I can do it again.” It’s just a little slow getting there… I’m still trying! You can do it! *big hugz*

Well ladies…

I’m suppose to be at work right now. However, nature has decided I am to stay home. I got into my car to leave for work this morning and WHAM! Car did not start. Of course this comes AFTER my road side service contract expired on September 1st. It would figure huh? So… I tried calling my dad, my sister, and James. can’t get a hold of no one. Jen is in a meeting (sister)… My dad works 1.5 hours from me and James is in surgery all day. So I called work and took a personal day off. I guess that’s what they give it to us for. I start classes tonight, the one good thing is my friend will be able to pick me up. We have the same class together. Friends are a blessing!

Another good thing is my battery is under warranty. Also I believe it’s still under the time limit for free replacement if the battery tests bad. That’s a good thing too My car seems to be going through batteries like they were nothing. I just got this battery in December 2003. Not sure what’s up with that.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:00 PM   #13  
banned

im telling you, the gym has done wonders for my mood. even if i FORCE myself to go for 30 min (i try for an hour and a half to 2) i always am glad i did it. i dont know how i lost any weight. ive been eating so badly, but im not fighting it at all. in fact, really most of the time all i WANT to do is go to the gym. i love getting all sweaty and getting on the scale to see those pounds melt away. its a great feeling (until the scale doesnt budge after i just sweated my butt off!)

*hugs to all*
Old 09-22-2005, 08:58 PM   #14  
Sharon

Well, I joined here a few weeks ago and this is my first post. I own my own forum dealing with a different subject matter and I have over 14,500 posts there, but this one post was one of the hardest for me to make. I am grateful to find this type of support. We have a tiny weight loss support section on my forum, but only one other woman can relate to the amount of weight I have to lose. Several of us started weight loss journeys to lose varying degrees of weight and I think I am one of the only ones left. So that is why I am here. I have lost 109lbs before and gained every bit back and then some. I never realized how badly I could betray myself, but I did. Now, I am at it again and over 40yo. It is a lot harder this time. I think I just need to exhale and ask for the support I need from here. Only a few women on my forum know how much I weigh, but I feel more like this is where I belong. I am going to put up my tickers with my actual weight versus just stating an amount that I need to lose to get to my next goal. I'm sure you all know how scary that is. But here goes.
Neurotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:16 PM   #15  
banned

Neruotica - WELCOME! the first step in fixing your problem is ADMITTING it. i know that was the hardest for me too. putting down 303 almost made me sick. this is an AMAZING group of women who inspire me every day with thier successes and triumphs, no matter how small. anything you need, were here for ya!