Old 06-19-2005, 11:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

Default 300+ NSV (Non-Scale Victories)

I looked and didn't find a thread like this in this forum so I thought I would start one.

What are some of your recent non-scale victories?
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:39 AM   #2  

For me it was realizing that I climbed the flight of stairs leading to my bedroom without getting totally out of breath. I still huff and and puff a bit, but not nearly as bad as I used to.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #3  
Ima bundle *' emotion

my most recent is being able to walk to class without stopping to stretch my back or take a breath. shamefully i can't walk there everyday but i used to not be able (within my recent gains) to walk very far at all without my back acting up terribly.
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:55 AM   #4  

Way to go ladies....I went to Walmart yesterday with my sis and we tried on jeans...I actually zipped up a pair of sz22's...now they were tight and not attractive...but they were on

Last night I went swimming with DH and my best friend and her BF and we had to hike a big hill to get there and I kept up with the normal sized people...YAY!
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:41 PM   #5  

Keeping up with the "normals" is always great fun!
Old 06-19-2005, 02:08 PM   #6  

Red face I feel good!

One of my non-scale accomplishments is that I can walk 2-miles and not come home and pass out on the couch. I have energy to do other things like cook healthy meals and pick up the house.
pearwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:35 PM   #7  

How about making it to the gym today for the first time in the 6 months since I bought my membership? Or spending 25 minutes on the treadmill, going faster than I've ever managed before and feeling INCREDIBLE afterwards. Ohhh, those lovely endorphines!
Old 06-19-2005, 08:52 PM   #8  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

my biggest non-scale victory is being treated like a real person for the first time in 15 years. I can squeeze past someone in a store and accidently brush against them without them reeling away in horror. I got offered a food sample in Sam's. Old ladies ask my opinion in the grocery store. I had an old man tip his hat to me. Mostly, strangers speak to me now instead of either ignoring me, or staring at me in disgust.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:09 PM   #9  

This past weeks event was quite a active time and I did ton's of walking. Last year when I went, I had to wear my cross-trainer tennis shoes under my medieval garb, because otherwise my back would just KILL me. This time, I wore sandals and leather moccasin-type shoes, with no support at all. The worst thing that happened was blisters from my ill-fitting sandals! I KNOW that the difference is the weight loss!

Also, I fit into a size 20 at Cato and a size 22 at CJ Banks. Didn't buy them...but they fit!

Finally, a friend I haven't seen in about a year asked me how much I'd lost! I wasn't sure anyone would notice when I was all decked out in medieval clothing, but apparently the difference is obvious! Made me feel really, really good...and very much motiviated to continue!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote