3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again...#724 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/58916-300-ready-try-again-724-a.html)

thinthinker 06-01-2005 11:10 PM

300+ And Ready To Try Again...#724

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
The challenges start every other Monday. There will be a sign-up started by someone on the thread and then you report in 2 weeks later with your losses!
Once the one challenge ends, a new one begins the same day.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

(NOTE: We DID IT, We DID IT....and it's only the end of May!!!)

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!

Terri in MO 06-01-2005 11:33 PM

Hmmm,

Is Thin writing a long post? Can I get this in there before she posts? :s:

Thin, you know the posting police rules. No starting a new thread and not leaving a post. :lol:

:wave: to everyone else. I'm doing okay foodwise. Tonight's exercise was to work all four horses on halter training. That meant walking and lots of trotting. I'm trying to get my horses to trot beside me on command. I'd not like to repeat the last show we were in when Tanyah refused to trot and I wanted to beat her. Lots of starts and stops. Then I walked the dog after dinner. Hopefully we'll avoid having him wake me up like last night. Three times!!!! Once with a sock in his mouth thinking we should play. At 1 am. The mama dog was NOT happy. Especially when he wanted out again at 4 am. I fell asleep on the couch waiting for him to knock on the door to get back in but must have died because I didn't wake up again until 5:30. I hope we all sleep better tonight.

Any old farts watch the Eagles Farewell Tour? Oh wow, can't get much better music than the Eagles. Well maybe Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Elvis, Bob Seger (THE man!), Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, John Cougar and John Mellancamp. Can you tell I was a 70's teen?

I'm off to bed. :wave:

Tinker 06-02-2005 01:55 AM

Hello Everyone!!

I just figured I would come in here and ramble a bit... this seems like the place to do it :D

Im so happy that I found this site! I had just decided that I needed to recommit to my healthier lifestyle and maybe some new friends could help me out with that! :) I already posted my bio, but I guess Ill post a bit about myself... Im Amie and Im 27. I have one small kiddo that is 4 and a big kiddo that I have been married to for 6 years...lol. Right now Im a SAHM, but I think when kiddo starts school Ill be looking for a job to stay busy. I started my "get healthy lifestyle change" in December, and when I started I was really commited, but like most people... the initial motivation I had has kind of puttered out. So I broke my trusty old Dr Phil book out and I have started reading it again. Plus, I really hope this 30 minutes of exercise every day in June will really help keep me on track too!

I joined our local TOPS chapter in December and I really believe it was one of the best things I could have ever done... I know one of the reasons I have done as well as I have is because I have to weigh in every week and Im being held accountable. Plus, the ladies there are great... they are very supportive. Lately though, I tend to do awful all weekend and then start working really hard on Monday and stressing about weighing in on Thursdays. I hate that I do that, and I know that things wouldnt be so stressful if I would just start being consistant with my efforts, but no matter how many times I tell myself that, when the weekend comes I slack off. So I decided to recommit June 1st. 95% of all junk food is out of my house (which is pretty good with a 4 year old in the house! ) And Im going to commit myself to working out at least 30 minutes every day this month as well. So I think Im ready!

Today was pretty good I guess, but I still expect a gain tomorrow at weigh in... darn aunt flo!!! I did take my measurements day before yesterday and I hope that even if the scale doesnt move much this month, the numbers will go down. Im trying really hard to stay positive about everything... thinking of this as trying to get healthy not trying to get thin and I think that has helped me a lot this time around as well. I always thought it was a bunch of bull when people would say that things just "clicked" for them when it was time for them to lose weight, but I guess that is what happened to me this time around. I cant really say why its diffrent this time, I just know that it is. :)

Well, I guess I have rambled long enough tonight. If you guys would like to see my little work-in-progress webpage its Here Its pretty cheezy, but it has a couple of pictures and my weight progress chart and stuff :) And on that note, I think Ill say goodnight! I cant wait to get to know you guys better!! :D

JuleeCeeS 06-02-2005 03:00 AM

Well.....just when I thought I was regular again, TOM is back a week early.. AGAIN...which irks me, but I still posted a nice loss tonight so I am happy. Plus I went shopping today at LB and bought an 18/20 skirt...that according to the salesgirl "is running really small"...so I was psyched..even if the pants I bought are still 24's...but who cares...their sizes are wacky anyways.

The next week is mucho stressful but I will survive!!! I spent the whole day running errands and I slept in which was bliss.

Our WW leader gave us each a postcard tonight which we have to bring back to her addressed to ourselves. We have to write down our Labor Day goal and the steps we will take to get there. I need to think about this one carefully...especially since I have a full month of vacation in there and I do not want to get Off-Program because I am off my regular routine.so I am going to create a new routine...I hope.

More work to do before I hit the hay...

Buenos Noches!

Tashabella 06-02-2005 07:47 AM

Thursday

It's Thankful Thursday and I'm thankful I've been OP for FIVE days!!! :cp:

MOM OF 5 ~ Is there a support group you can join for families of children with disabilities? Our county offers such programs and some nonprofit groups do too. It might provide a good outlet for you.

I know the stress makes you eat. My husband has a disability, and while he lives a pretty active life, he is still very needy. I have gained 60 pounds during our marriage (mostly right at the start and I was big to begin with). It is very draining to have someone, no matter how much you love them, who needs you so much.

I'm learning to try to do other things than eat. It's been a very, very long process and don't know if I'll ever have it licked, but I have to keep trying. You know why? 'Cause the stress is never going to go away. So, since I can't change the situation, I have to change.

I'm here for you if you need me! I don't have the same exact situation, but I can try to help. :^: Hang in there!

Lilion 06-02-2005 09:26 AM

Good Morning Ladies! (have we lost our Gentleman?)

Well, here's hoping today is a better day. We managed to get the kids home yesterday and the daughter is taking it well. My friend was thoroughly drugged at the hostipal to keep her from going nuts from not smoking...and slept most of the day. Not necessarily a bad thing. Today, we'll wait and see.

Huggy: Glad to see you back but so sorry you're having to go thru this crisis. I agree, some sort of support group is the way to go. Maybe some sort of respite care? There are programs where folks can take disabled kids for a short time so the parent's can "get away from it all" for a few hours now and then. I wish I had other suggestions. Hang in there! ((huggs))

Leanne: Glad to see you back too. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your daughter. I can't believe that people are so rude as to make comments like third-graders about a persons appearance. I can't say this has ever happened to me....maybe I'm just too self-absorbed to notice? I'm always horrified when I hear this kind of thing. Good attitude for you! I'd have probably caused a scene and ruined my own day.

Julee: Good for you! Congrats on the loss!

Well, I know I'm not responding to everyone by any means. No time. But I'm reading and thinking about all you ladies!

Have a happy, healthy OP day!

jillybean720 06-02-2005 12:56 PM

Good afternoon, all!

I found out yesterday I'm getting a BIG raise at work effective July 8. It's actually approximately a 26% raise, which is almost unheard of around here (average raise is 4%), but since I told them I was going to find a higher-paying job elsewhere, they did what they could to keep me. It worked :D So hopefully once that goes into effect, I can stop working 4 nights a week at the restaurant and actually have some TIME to sleep and breath--imagine that :p

My weight is definitely UP from the holiday--in an effort not to discourage myself too much, I am not going to officially weigh-in today as I normally would. I'll just watch myself more closely this weekend, drink tons of water, and see how it goes next week.

Well, don't have time to reply to everyone--i have one more hour here in the office, then to my dr's office, then to job #2 for the day, then home to SLEEP and do it all again tomorrow :dizzy: Hope everyone's having a great day!

DoxieMom 06-02-2005 12:57 PM

Hello All!

Had a slow minute at work and thought I would pop in. Have done very well OP this week, but stepped on the scale this morning (yes, it's a BAD habit and I shouldn't weigh myself so often) and it showed I was UP a pound.:( I was shocked, disappointed and down right PO'd. I have been SO good - not one slip this week and I have been walking, walking and walking. I'm hoping it is the humdity. I vowed not to get back on the scales until I go to my WW meeting at Saturday morning.

Tinker - Welcome to the wonderful world of 3FChicks! This is a great forum and I hope you find the encouragment and motivation these lovely ladies are so good at giving.

Terri - You bet I watched those Eagles, and loved every minute of it. I think I have practically all of their CDs, and their **** Freezes Over tour video. And I totally agree with you - Bob Seger is THE MAIN MAN!! Yep, I'm a 70's teenager myself. I turned the hubby on to his first Seger concert when we were dating. He is very musically inclined and played in a band for years and I always told him, whatever you do, don't do any Bob - no one can imitate THE MAN!!

Momof5 - I agree with Tashabella. Check into your town/county services. Or if you live in a small town and they don't offer any, is there a family member or neighbor that could give you a break at least once a week? You really deserve one. I know I'm probably not much help, but hang in there!

JuleeCees - Congrats on your loss! Way to go.

To everyone else, have a great day!

Lilion 06-02-2005 02:16 PM

Doxiemom: Don't be too discouraged about that WI. I've weighed 4.5 lbs different from one day to the next, depending on how much water I drink or retain. It's really amazing and so I never ever put faith in anything except my "official" once-a-week WI.

BIGGIRL27 06-02-2005 04:32 PM

Helllooo Ladies! :wave:

First some replies...

Julee CONGRATS on that loss! (and during TOM too... great things are to come!)

Tinker, WELCOME! I found this site just about the day I decided to turn my life around and it has been a godsend! Hubby is very supportive, but thin and greedy! lol He doesn't even think about food and gets upset when I 'obsess' as he calls it, so it's nice to come to a place and read all about people who are sharing that battle with you. And it's great to have a few hundred ears to turn to when you need support as well. I hope you feel comfortable here!

Jill, I'm still beaming from hearing about your raise - AGAIN! You go Girl!

Tashabell and momof5, I commend you women for all your hard work and dedication! Good luck. I'll be thinking about you...

Doxiemom, unfortunately, I weigh in just about every day, but I only chart and follow my real WI day weight. I have found that my body 'knows' weigh in day and will sometimes hold onto a pound or two throughout the week and ta daaa! on weigh in day its gone. So, give yourself a break and know that even if the numbers aren't right on WI day, you're doing some fantastic things for your health AND it could be muscle tipping the scales and NOT FAT!

Lilion, I hope your friend is alright. That's a wonderful thing you're doing... taking care of her daughter and being there for support. ;)

As for me... well... so/so :) I allowed myself to have some treats during TOM because I was doing so well AND because DH, MIL and I went to a fabulous European market over the holiday weekend and I was starting to feel like not having cheese and cookies and stuff would depress me - HUGE MISTAKE!! I am maintaining like a CHAMP! Problem is I was probably going to maintain anyway because 17 lbs dropped off quite quickly in like the first 4 weeks. It's been hard getting back on track, but I'm slowly getting there today. Oddly, I forgot to have breakfast (porridge/oatmeal and 2 cups of water) and my supplements. I didn't realise until around 10 when I was at work. Well, around 12:30 I still wasn't hungry but went to get lunch anyway. I had a turkey and salad sandwhich (w/ 2 slices of wholemeal - I normally only have an open faced sandwich w/ 1 slice). I thought well, not bad because I didn't eat breakfast. Well, when I got home around 6 I had a bowl of bran flakes for my snack. And now I've just had a really good OP dinner. Still struggling with getting all my water in for the day.

I don't understand how one stupid weekend has managed to kill my drive? And on top of that, I injured my already busted leg (sciatica, arthritis, broke my foot last year and had an operation on my calf bone (what's that called?) about 17 years ago) during my weekly 6 mile walk, so I've been 'light on exercise' this week. I'm trying to snap back into reality because I'm on holiday starting next week AND I am scared because all my friends and family are OBSESSED (right along with me) with deliscious fattening carb ridden foods and I just know that I will give in at some point! I'll be at my mom's house AND my best friend is getting married that Saturday. I ordered salmon for my meal though - yay! But, her gift to the guests will be individual groom's cakes in a tiffany box - uggghh! I have to say though... I am proud of myself for NOT GAINING, so I must be doing something right...

*ahhhh... that vent felt good. Now, somebody whip me back into shape here! My June 15 goal is in SERIOUS jeopardy! I will have to revise it! :rofl:

OK, gotta go and peel hubby off the couch, sleeping in his work clothes again... :)

Have a great OP day everyone!

dogpal 06-02-2005 06:27 PM

Hi everyone,

I have read all the posts and have to tell you my congrats are with all of you who are loosing and staying op. For the ladies that are new, a huge welcome hug. You will love it here. To all that are having problems with stress and illness of friends and family members, I will be praying for you. Gotta run, I'm late for class.

Blessings,
Dogpal

SueMarie301 06-02-2005 08:11 PM

Okie ladies... I haven't weighed myself in a while and today I did... ummm, I guess I shouldn't be suprised, I haven't been monitoring my food very well, tho I haven't been pigging out either. However, I did gain 2lbs... I'm hoping it's because I think aunt flo is going to be here soon. I have a major headache, however, I'm going to go do some more yard work and try to get some stuffed bagged and maybe rip up some sprinkler heads. OOHH!! And we have our dirt being delivered tommorrow so I gotta make sure we have a space laid out for it to be dumped in our yard lol... add that to the list ;)

Sorry for no replies, it's been rather hectic here and I'm trying to keep up with my posting because I know if I stop, I'll go haywire. You ladies keep me on my toes!

Okie I'm outta here... take care everyone!

Smooches!
Sue...

Lilion 06-03-2005 01:01 PM

Hello my Dear Ladies!

Wow! Can't believe I'm the first to post today and it's nearly noon! Everyone must be busy, busy, today.

Just got back from a somewhat disapointing WI. :( 288.5 - only 1/2 a lb down. But 1/2 down is better than 1/2 up - so I'll take it! ;) I also think it's misleading today, because I can tell I'm retaining a ton of water. Usually when I type, my rings spin around on my fingers and 1/2 the time my watch faces down...not today. Not to mention that my boobs are about 1/2 again the usual size! :o Isn't PMS fun?

The disapointing part is I didn't make the 2x2, since this is my last official WI. Only 1 1/2 x 2....This is the first time I didn't make it. :( And, unless I show a HUGE loss next week, not too likely I'll make my 4th of July goal...but I'm going to keep trying!

Sue: With all the yard work, I expect you'll be getting enough exercise to get those pounds off quick! Hope it's going well.

BigGirl: Temptation City for you next week, huh? Maybe you could start by asking your friend to give you the box, but not the cake??? She could fill it with something fat free. I bet she'd understand. It's sooo hard to be around it and not eat it! I always do pretty good until I hit the bbq's and parties - or DH and I decide to go out to dinner someplace "quick" which usually means a buffet. :ink: He suggested that yesterday, but I said "no" because I know I always eat too much there. We ended up with Italian, which was pretty good, and I have 1/2 of it left for lunch today. Anyway, I hope you have a good time with your family, try not to obsess too much, and maybe your family will learn something from you this week!

Oh BTW, my friend is home now. They are going to do a stress test and maybe a cardiac cath later....scary for a 38 year old woman!

Jill: I fogot to congratulate you on the raise! :bravo: I'm glad you'll be able to get some down time! You deserve it!

Tinker: I also forgot to welcome you - Welcome! :wave: I'm sure you'll like it here!

Well, that left-over dinner that probably caused this water retention is calling me... :p

Have a happy, healthy, OP day everyone!

animequeen 06-03-2005 06:05 PM

Hello everyone.

I have to tell all of you how happy I was to find this site. I was actually searching for WW recipes and found it.

You all sound so wonderful and supportive.

I filled out a profile but I would love to get to know you ladies so I figure I'll tell you a little about myself.

I've been overweight since childhood and have always fluctuated up and down. I am a single mother - my son is 7 - and for about the last six years I have been 300+.

I started WW in January 2005 and I'm doing well with it, but you all know everyday is a new struggle. Last week was really bad for me because we didn't have a weigh in on tuesday so I took it as a free wekk and just let loose. This week I'm trying to reign myself back in and get back on track. I've already used 18 flex points that I usually save for the weekend. So it's definetly to the gym today.

Well I look forward to exchanging posts with all of you.

Have a great weekend!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...165/283.2/.png

dolfingirl2000 06-03-2005 07:33 PM

Hi Everybody! :)

LOL--All I can picture is Dr. Nick from The Simpsons right now. Anyway, I haven't posted for the past 2 days :(--I've been feeling bummed out and I thought I had gained weight and I didn't want to weigh myself to see. :rolleyes: I'm such a wimp sometimes. So today, I woke up and decided to just get over it--I weighed in at 350.8 lbs. :dance: It's only a 2.4 loss in 2 weeks, but I'll take it. I thought that I had gained so I'm ecstatic. I weighed myself twice just to make sure that I heard it right. And I've started Atkins again and I just feel like this time it's right. I drank 5 glasses of water so far today, which is a record for me, and I'm sure I can get the last 3 glasses in by bedtime. I am so excited and happy. You are all such an inspiration to me.

I dyed my hair the other night. I'm normally what my boyfriend called "mousey brown" (those were his exact words :censored: ) and now I'm medium auburn. He doesn't like it red--lol. I also had it cut last night. My friend Rob came over and he cut about 6 inches off. My hair used to be halfway down my back and now it is just under my shoulders. It's a little bit shorter than I like, but my mother was over and she kept saying, "It should be shorter." and just aggravating me. It needed to be cut, but to tell you the truth I wish there were more layers. It kind of looks the same way minus the 6 inches. :( It is healthier though.

Jill: CONGRATULATIONS on getting such a wonderful raise. Your company must want to keep you around which says a lot about you. Yay!

Big Girl: Good luck with all of your temptations. Just do your best--that's all anyone can ask. I'll be thinking of you.

Well, Good luck to the rest of you! I'll stop by tomorrow.

Vicki~~:)