Old 05-17-2005, 03:53 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready to Try Again ... # 717

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:58 PM   #2  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone!!

Sounds like everyone is doing really well!! I lost 2 lbs this week so far 26 lbs since March 25!! I also had to take a skirt back to the store because it was to big!! Woohoo down one dress size, that made my week!! Hope everyone is having a g reat day!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:39 PM   #3  

Hi guys !!!! I am having a wonderful day. Granddaughters spent the night.... was productive today... food going well. It took me forever to catch up reading in here... so won't have time to post much.

Thinthinker... LOL ... yes, a roll thrower does throw the dinner rolls at you.
It is fun. He throws them completely across the restaurant ... rolls are flying over your heads. It is a fun place to eat. And they give you a TON of food. After you order your dinner... servers walk around giving you fried okra, buffalo wings and many other finger type foods while you wait for your dinner. In fact... the appetizers are a meal in themselves. It is most fun with groups of people. We don't have a Lamberts in my area... I went to mine in Springfield, Missouri.
We used to have a restaurant here that anytime someone came in wearing a tie.... they would cut it in half. And if you went to the bathroom... they would get on LOUD SPEAKERS and announced it to the entire restaurant. They also went around making fun of people all the time too. I never was brave enough to go there and eat.

TashaBelle ... Glad to hear you are joining an "in person" support group.
I too used to belong to OA. It is like work or school or family... some groups are better than others. Some teachers are better than others .. some sponsors are too. I liked the saying... "Don't judge the forest by a few ugly trees"
I made my focus the literature. If you study the literature you knew the program.. not peoples opinions of the program ... if you know what I mean.

Okay.. gotta run. Dog has an appointment to be groomed in 30 minutes... and I live 20 minutes away. LOL
Old 05-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #4  
Hang In There

Catherine: There's a skinny old lady (seriously she's in the mid 80's but doesn't look a day over 70!!!) that likes to "run" our deep water classes too, but her big things is that she doesn't want anyone to SPLASH because she doesn't want to get her hair messed up.

2Cute: I went to a Lamberts once and I really enjoyed it. Terri, is there one in MO where you live? We also have the resturaants that cut off your ties. They also have a big dance floor and a huge slide going from the 2nd floor to the dance floor.

I've kept up my motivation for 2 days now Talking about places to eat, we ate at Furr's today. I don't know if there are Furr's other places, but it is an "all you can eat" CAFERITERIA, not a buffet. So they have servers, you don't get to fill your plate yourselves, so you get full size portions. We eat there a lot, so I usually do pretty good, but today I did great with my choices. Their desserts are really good, and included in the meal price, so it's really hard to pass them up, but I usually do, and I did again today.

I didn't go to the club today, but I rode my stationary bike for 20 minutes and then did a 15 minute Oxycise tape. I just Love Oxycise, but quit using them because I was having problems with my lungs, but now that the doc is treating me for asthma, I thought I'd try it again. At least I have an inhaler to use if I need it. Anyway I feel like I got a great workout.

Well I'm at work, so I'd better get busy, hope everyone has a great night.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:38 PM   #5  
~Tina~

I am new here. But very glad to be here. I have lost 130 pounds in the past year - but unfortunately not due to good reasons. It was due to illness. But I am so much better now and I have my APPETITE back! haha! So now I am doing South Beach and I have so far lost 22 pounds! YEA!
I am very happy to meet everyone! Looking forward to getting to know you all.
~Tina~
DelsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Wooohooo! I had my wi today and I am down 10 more pounds!!! I am so happy. I have been swimming so hard and following the Christian weight loss plan and God is blessing me with a new tiny bit smaller body. I know I have such a long way to go but what a start!

Catherine - I want to tell you, I just love you. You share the most wonderful things and you say them exactly how I think them. I can relate to you so much. I too go to a pool to swim every day. There are many people that give my radar a chance to work. I just keep on plugging along. I'm proud that you do too. I know what you mean about swimming better than the skinny lady. I too used to be on a swim team in another life and I was FAST. Not to brag but I won everyone I went against. I attribute it to the fact that I love, love, love to swim and water. Plus I have big feet to flutter kick like a fish tail I can at times feel some people pushing ahead to try to outswim me in the pool I too race them (they don't know we are racing) I love the thrill of outswimming someone who is smaller and "in better shape". Keep up the good work and thank you again for posting.

Welcome to Teddybear, Newfiesara and Tina. Welcome back to Lots2Loose.
Anyone else I have missed a big ole welcome to you as well. You will love it here I hope as much as I have!

Tashabel I hope that food addicts anonomys helps you. Hang in there. There is something that will work for you.

Doxiemom, I know how you feel about you and your hubby working different hours. That is extremely hard. It is lonely. Don't let it get you down. Maybe when you see your hubby every weekend he will really notice how your body is changing into a slimmer you. Keep on looking at your weekends as precious. Hopefully they will have him on another shift that is more compatable for you soon.

For all of you that are into smaller sizes, I know I am way off before I get to be in a smaller size but I do have some snug fitting shirts and pants in my closet that I can't wait to wear. I can get the shirts on right now but I truly look like a big fluffy pillow in a nice snug pillow case in them. OH, some day soon I will put one on and it will surprise me at how much it hangs on me

Blessings to all,
dogpal

dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:28 PM   #7  

HI,
My name is Jessica was wondering if I could join I need all the support I can get. Friends too!! I need to lose 100 pounds. I have been doing good on my diet as of monday. I really want to lose. I have 2 kids 4 and 6 yr olds. I am 26 yr old. married for 8 yrs in aug. I am a stay at home mom.
Have a great night!!
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:55 PM   #8  
DoxieMomx2

Dogpal - First, huge congrats to you on the 10 pound loss. That's fantastic!! Secondly, thanks so much for the kind words. It really lifted my spirits and helping to pull myself out of a funk I fell into last night.

Kind of had a pity party for myself tonight so bummed out about things and fell off program. Now, I am just so mad at myself. Doing the sinlge mom thing at night is hard. Some 13 year-old hormonal alien has invaded my once sweet son's body and his mouth goes on overload sooo many times. Unfortunately, my mother's dream has finally come true - I have a child just like me! Just went on overload and disgustingly fell back to the old pattern of giving myself "comfort" in the form of chocolate graham crackers coated with a ton of peanut butter (and a half bag of (at least 99% FF Light) tortilla chips. Now, I'm just sick to my stomach and really, really angry with myself. Feel so disgusted I didn't even get on the treadmill. But, now that I've pitied myself into a horrible stomach ache, I plan on pulling it together and getting right back on track tomorrow. Thankfully, my WI isn't until Saturday, so I have a few days to work extra hard and walk my "comfort" gift off.

Jessica and Tina - Welcome to the group. I am fairly new myself and this is a wonderful place to vent, get inspired, and get that extra encouragement that other people can't give you because they've never been in your "shape." This forum has been a God-send to me. Hope we can give you the encouragement and inspiration you need too!

To everyone else, have a blessed night and sleep tight, for tomorrow is another day!
DoxieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:04 AM   #9  
~Tina~

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Dogpal and DoxieMom - thank you for the welcome Dogpal - congrats on your loss and DoxieMom - tomorrow is another day! I know I had Pizza today! I am so mad at myself now but it was very good! But I will be better tomorrow.
Glad to be a part of this great site!
~Tina~ DelsT
Old 05-18-2005, 12:15 AM   #10  

Barbg... good to see a long post from you tonight. Feels more like "home" again.

DelsT/ Tina.... WELCOME !!! Congratulations on your great success already... no matter how you did it..... 130 lbs is AWESOME !!!

Jessica... WELCOME to you too. You can lose that 100 lbs and it will make so much difference in enjoying your family.

DoxieMom ... I don't think I have welcomed you . So WELCOME !!!!
Aren't teenagers fun to have around. LOL

I know there are other newcomers I have missed greeting... to all of you WELCOME also.

Dogpal .... Congrats on your 10lbs !!!! WAY TO GO !!!!

Sunshine... Congrats on your 25lbs gone. Love your avatar.

Okay... that is everyone on this thread.... so now a minute about me. LOL
I am loving this being productive. It is making me money too.
I had almost $200 in returns that I finally took back today.
I also intentionally parked in spaces farther from the entrance doors.

How about that Bo tonight on American Idol. Even this old grandma thought he was hot. LOL
I thought Carrie's first two songs were great.... but was disappointed on the last one. I did NOT think the song the judge picked was a good choice. Shania Twain is a unique sound and that song is her song. I don't think Vonzell or Bo could do it either.
Vonzell did okay... but even though I like her.. I hope she is voted off.
I think Bo is a shoe in for the big winner.
I was VERY frustrated AGAIN about the voting. I have tried voting for the whole 2 hours the last 4 weeks... and I can NEVER get through for Carrie. NEVER.

Okay... I am out of here. I am trying to limit myself to one hour on the computer for EVERYTHING I have to do on it. If I abuse it... then I am unplugging it.
Being productive FEELS SO GOOD that I don't even want to get on it.... but my weakness is... once I am on... I never get off.
Sooooo ... I am getting off now. Have a good evening or great day... which ever applys.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:19 AM   #11  
~Tina~

Just want to add a post here. Thank you so much for the compliment! And I just want to see how my new ticker looks!
~Tina~
Old 05-18-2005, 12:37 AM   #12  
*Amy Blue*

Default Saboteurs

Hi Guys,

I'm kinda new to the board - a really quick thanx to theotherjen and thinthinker for giving me such a warm welcome.

Quick question tho:

How do you guys deal with saboteurs? Those really annoying people who KNOW you're on a healthy eating plan, but insist on picking apart every calorie that enters you mouth, good or bad?

I try to ignore them, but I actually live with two of the biggest culprits and it was hard enough for me to go on this weight loss program and do this on my own and now they're making it really difficult...HELP!

Spike: 'Ah, so you've come to pump me for information then?'
Buffy: 'What else would I wanna pump you for? Oh my God...I really did just say that, didn't I?'
Old 05-18-2005, 12:47 AM   #13  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

AmyBlue...welcome...huge points for having a Buffy quote in your signature...can't quite get enough of that show. Saboteurs...they are a challenge. Clearly they have no idea what you are going through, and in their own they probably think that they are being helpful...they see you trying to be calorie conscious and they figure that their input (albeit unsolicited) is welcome and helpful. You thank them politely and stick to your own program. If they are people that you can be a bit more direct with, you say that you appreciate their concern and input but that you feel really good about the choices you have been making on your own and are working on getting into a new lifestyle of your own design. Just be careful..a lot of time we are our own worst saboteur.

2Cute...thanks for the AI update..I was in a meeting tonight but cannot wait to see tomorrow night's show!!! GO BO!!!

WI tomorrow...I hope I can get out of my rut.
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:45 AM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, everyone!

Well, I went WAY off plan on Monday, but yesterday I stuck to ONLY to the food I packed for the day and will do the same today. My problem Monday was that I didn't have time to pack my food in the morning, so I had lunch at the cafeteria in my office building (a big salad with lots of REGULAR HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING ) and then dinner at the restaurant I work at at night (fried chicken tenders and french fries ), and then I went grocery shopping and bought FROSTED SUGAR COOKIES, which, of course, I ate the entire package of that night What a horrible day! But yesterday, it was back on plan--low fat (maybe 20 grams for the day, but probably a little less), low calories (less than 1500), and low sodium. I had chicken teriyaki stir-fry with veggies and brown rice, wheat pasta with tomato sauce, fruit, cereal, yogurt--all very good! Same goes for today. I have my weekly weigh-in tomorrow, so if I'm not good, I know I will pay the price!

Julee--Hope you're out of your rut today! I've got my fingers crossed for you

Amy Blue--Saboteurs are rough, man! Not much you can do about it but ignore them, I'm afraid. If they really get to me, I sometimes like to point out that my diet is healthier than theirs and that even though I'm overweight, I'm probably healthier than them on the inside (bp, cholesterol, etc.).

DelsT--Welcome! You have come SO far already--congratulations! How have you been losing the weight so far?

2Cute--I missed AI last night (had to work), but I'm glad to hear thy all did pretty well. Since the very beginning, Carrie and Bo have been my favorites. Vonzell just doesn't seem to have the extremely genuine personality like Carrie, and Bo just has the whole rocker package. I think deep down, I've got to go for Bo only because I think Carrie is a little too country for my tastes (though that makes her very sweet, it's not my particular choice in music).

DoxieMom--great attitude about starting over tomorrow! We all have our down days, but knowing that you will recover is half the battle. Don't even lose that confidence and perseverence!

Blondiewyandt--welcome! Glad to have another member join the board!

dogpal--10 pounds--that is AWESOME! what is the Christian plan (sorry if you have explained before, I may have missed it)?

ageoldie--what is Oxycise? Is that where you just sit still and do the intense breathing exercises? And congrats on the immense self-control at the cafeteria--I'm sure I would have had 1 of each dessert!

Sunshine--26 pounds since March 25--that rocks! How are you going about it, if you don't mind my asking? My weight loss has been quite slow, so I'm searching for more tips!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:38 AM   #15  

Red face Post

2cute ~ You are right -- you can't judge the forest for some of the trees. I went to OA several years ago and my "sponsor" betrayed me big time. I stopped going just because of her. It's taking a BIG step for me to go back to one of these groups (this is FAA so I'm hoping not to run in to this person -- I don't want her sabotaging my success).

I also think I need face-to-face support and I'm looking forward to it. I didn't go to a meeting last night. Instead, I'm planning to attend one at an earlier time on Friday (my husband and I have to get up at 4:45 a.m. on workdays so staying out late on weeknights is very difficult for me).

I did, however, dig out my old OA materials last night and go over them. It's funny, but I don't remember buying a "Recovery Bible" back then. I have one though. I was reading it last night and it was very interesting. Weird the things you do that you can't remember. I've been "angry" with God over the past few years because of abuses my nephews have suffered. Maybe this will all help repair me and my faith as well.

I'm OP today and I'm going to stay that way!

Thank you guys, as always, for being there for me.
Tashabella is offline   Reply With Quote