Old 05-06-2005, 07:36 AM   #1  
Determined to Lose!!!

Question Scales!!!! Ack!!!

hi folks

I'm a tad bit worried about my scale. I just have a standard where the needle swings round nearly back to 0 when I step on it lol It goes up to 22 stone and right now I am 20st 7lb (287 lb) according to this scale. However, it moves round a bit when I try to look past my belly at the number And I can't help wondering if it says something different when I am upright!!!

I've been wondering if I should go and get a digital scale because I really want to make sure my weight is accurate. It's always been hard to get me on a scale because I'm always in denial. If it's down I wonder if it's just the way I'm standing. If it's up, I wonder if I never really lost in the first place (and so haven't gained because it's not giving the right weight!!!) also, I want to be able to celebrate even a .5 lb loss and at the moment, only whole numbers can be determined.

I wonder if anyone can recommend a good digital scale for us 'larger ladies'?

Thanks
Tammara
BIGGIRL27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:14 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Tammara:

I think you probably answered your own question of WHETHER to get a new scale or not. As far as recommendations, I like my Weight Watcher scale. It's digital and runs about $50 at Bed Bath and Beyond. I used one of the 20% off coupons that always comes in the mail. I hear you can also find it online.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:15 PM   #3  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I hate scales, I have an old analog one that is so freaking unreliable it's not even funny. I got on it like three times this morning and it said i was down to like 320, and im like "yeah freaking right." So I moved the damn thing to another spot in the bathroom, and sure enough it went back to my normal weight...grah.

I wish I could just stay away from them for a while, I am so sick of this battle.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #4  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello! I just bought me a Weight Watcher scale and it measures halves!! It was only 25.00 at Wal-Mart!! It goes up to 330 pounds!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 06:26 PM   #5  
Determined to Lose!!!

Default Keep Going! Don't Give Up! 'embrace The Scale' Lol

Thanks girls!!! I will look up those weight watcher's scales! I think I'll go digital.

MissMeliss... I know, scales suck.. I go from being addicted to them to afraid... very afraid. Just hang in there because the fact of the matter is, we all want to see those numbers go down and we can't see that unless we look. Whenever I've turned away from the scale due to depression, disgust, or plain o fear, the numbers have always gone drastically UP whenever I return. Just focus on the last two numbers of your weight and aim to drop those by 1, 2, 3 or whatever works for you!

I'm here if you need more support, ok?
Old 05-06-2005, 07:06 PM   #6  

Co-signing on the WW scale. I hate those devils too, they lie!!!
ONLY1SPECIALK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #7  
Not giving up!!

Just wanted to say to Meliss, you need to weigh on a hard surface at the same time of day no more than once a week! Good Luck with every one's weight loss!
Old 05-09-2005, 05:18 AM   #8  
Determined to Lose!!!

Hi Girls

I exchanged my ancient little scale for a modern Hanson Talking scale! It's awesome... it can remember and track 4 peoples' weight. Now, I have to keep myself from weighing about 5 times a day. Apparently, I was right to switch... this one seems so much more consistent! and I love getting the digits to even 1/4 of a pound! It's very motivational.

Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions!
Old 05-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #9  
Not giving up!!

That's great!! Enjoy and stay away from it only once a week remember!! lol
Old 05-20-2005, 03:43 PM   #10  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

I have a weight watchers digital scale that I bought from walgreens for $29.00 and you can save the last 5 weighins so i like that it may work for you.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote